'25 MS WR Caleb Cunningham

If we get Ffrench and Cunnigham, you almost have to take 5 WRs. Because we're getting Jackson and Sparks to go with Dodson.

I'm down.
Something tells me Kiffin will carry the day and keep Cunningham in state. Guy can sell water to a drowning man.

Yep. And finished 11 spots lower in the rankings.
I mean Tennessee should be finishing ahead of Ole Miss every year. Lane does a really good job of keeping top in-state talent home and filling needs and evaluating the portal. It’s a different expectation here and there. Tennessee hasn’t been on the national scene consistently recently but it’s up there with anyone resource and investment wise and starting to get back into the spotlight

I mean Tennessee should be finishing ahead of Ole Miss every year. Lane does a really good job of keeping top in-state talent home and filling needs and evaluating the portal. It’s a different expectation here and there. Tennessee hasn’t been on the national scene consistently recently but it’s up there with anyone resource and investment wise and starting to get back into the spotlight
Sure. But I'm responding to a claim that Kiffin can sell water to a drowning man. #22 in the country isn't doing that, exactly.

Sure. But I'm responding to a claim that Kiffin can sell water to a drowning man. #22 in the country isn't doing that, exactly.
He was pretty dang solid for Tennessee the short time he was here, in regards to getting talented kids enrolled and on the team.

Almost elite.

He’s a much better general manager type now

Reactions: NighthawkVol
He was pretty dang solid for Tennessee the short time he was here, in regards to getting talented kids enrolled and on the team.

Almost elite.

Tennessee hired him too early. I think it was clear he had the makings of becoming a very good coach. He just advanced too far too fast. Whether Vol fans like it or not, right now, he's an outstanding football coach.

Tennessee hired him too early. I think it was clear he had the makings of becoming a very good coach. He just advanced too far too fast. Whether Vol fans like it or not, right now, he's an outstanding football coach.
Some Fans are inherently stupid, because they’re illogical. And then have the audacity to defend their shallow worldview because of “fandom “.

They get upset if you speak facts about an opposing coach. As if that’s somehow taking away from Heupel? lol.
Really??

Almost elite.

Great offensive mind. Decent coach when he’s not a raging alcoholic, snorting coke, sleeping with coeds, crashing cars, hottubing with other married women, oh yeah and pimping out coeds to perspective players. Other than all that he’s a swell human being.

Great offensive mind. Decent coach when he’s not a raging alcoholic, snorting coke, sleeping with coeds, crashing cars, hottubing with other married women, oh yeah and pimping out coeds to perspective players. Other than all that he’s a swell human being.
He found time to do all that and STILL coached his team to a winning record 😂

Reactions: PA Vol and Vols1117
He found time to do all that and STILL coached his team to a winning record 😂
where he beat:
Western Kentucky (0-12 second year in the FBS)
Ohio (9-5)
Georgia (8-5, not ranked)
South Carolina (ranked #21 at the time, finished 7-6)
Memphis (2-10)
Vandy (2-10)
Kentucky (7-6)

lets not pretend like any of those wins are very impressive. in fact the teams he defeated had an overall losing record. 35 and 54. 39%. His only road win was Kentucky.....

includes losses to unranked UCLA (7-6) at Neyland, unranked Auburn (8-5) at Neyland, and unranked Ole Miss (9-4).

its not like this was after the decade of suck. we had just run out Fulmer the year before.

for the record Heupel's 7-6 with wins over opponents who went a combined 35-51 40%, included a ranked Kentucky at the end of the year. Heupel did not have the same sort of cult following that Kiffin did after his first year. and we had much higher expectations when Kiffin showed up than when Heupel did.

where he beat:
Western Kentucky (0-12 second year in the FBS)
Ohio (9-5)
Georgia (8-5, not ranked)
South Carolina (ranked #21 at the time, finished 7-6)
Memphis (2-10)
Vandy (2-10)
Kentucky (7-6)

lets not pretend like any of those wins are very impressive. in fact the teams he defeated had an overall losing record. 35 and 54. 39%. His only road win was Kentucky.....

includes losses to unranked UCLA (7-6) at Neyland, unranked Auburn (8-5) at Neyland, and unranked Ole Miss (9-4).

its not like this was after the decade of suck. we had just run out Fulmer the year before.

for the record Heupel's 7-6 with wins over opponents who went a combined 35-51 40%, included a ranked Kentucky at the end of the year. Heupel did not have the same sort of cult following that Kiffin did after his first year. and we had much higher expectations when Kiffin showed up than when Heupel did.
I was referring to his overall record as a coach in CFB. He didn’t just do that stuff at UT lol.

I don’t care if you don’t like him. And for the record I was also against him coming back to Knoxville in 2021 after Beldar Cornbread was let go. He had his chance.

He’s still a good coach. Arrogant or whatever he may be, he’s still a good on the field coach.

VN Store

Back