Mulkey Bails Out Wiggins

I despise Mulkey and I hope the Sooners crush them tonight. Likely won't happen, but would love to see the look on that hag's face to get beat.

Ha ha, better luck next time. There is still a quarter to go, but Baylor leads near the end of the third, 70-43.

Reactions: 1 person
Mulkey is worried about recruiting to Baylor female players. Wiggins point is well taken. It is sad to see beautiful young Women being attacked because they are heterosexual. The same as Christians being attacked because of our faith.

Christians being attacked because of your faith? In my experience, it's the Christians doing the attacking (Southern Baptists mainly). But, I guess I've lived in other places besides small town Tennessee, where everyone is a white Christian.

Edit: I apologize. Maybe you were talking about the Romans.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
Yes, you're content with the train wreck that is the LV team today.

The LV team has beaten more top 25 teams than many that are listed in the top 25. Others haven't but are ranked. If you were to look at the accomplishments of the team over the past 5 years it would show that you're train wreck comment is out of line for the LV's.

Reactions: 4 people
So, when someone blows a whistle on a hostile culture (if true), almost inevitably others, such as retired players, will come out and report that they had had some similar experiences. On the contrary, WNBA players at large has denied that a bullying culture exist. Most recently the very straight Breanna Stewart, has come out to say that she has seen nothing like this. Even Tara V. is defending the league:

Tara VanDerveer defends WNBA from Candice Wiggins’ allegations - SFGate

But perhaps, the entire lesbo-bullying culture of the WNBA directed all its collective wrath to Wiggins because she was just so, so fine? Okay, if anyone wants to believe that, more power to them I suppose.

The counter argument is that CW had a very, very abrasive personality and as result, she probably did make enemies and receive some hostile treatment. That is an unfortunate situation but it is easier to say "those lesbians are out to get me," than to look in the mirror and say maybe I have been asking for some of this through my own hostile, diva-like actions. Wiggins has backtracked from her 98%, saying that it is how "it felt to her". I think that is true but your feelings don't always correspond to objective realities on multiple fronts. If I punch you in the nose and you hit back, I am not being bullied....

Ahhh yes....in this country homosexuals do no wrong. Always the heterosexual.

No. She corrected you're assertion that Wiggin's "statement" was dumb. Wiggins made several "statements" that were quoted in that original piece. Those "statements" took courage to say, and certainly were not going to endear her to WNBA or media types. I can see no gain for her whatsoever outside the fact that she is relieved to expose the discrimination that she allegedly experienced.

And if your trying to boil all of it down to the "98%" comment. It is obvious that she was using hyperbole and not acting as some sort of literal scientific pollster.

Her clear and obvious point was that "as a heterosexual minority in the WNBA, she experienced significant bullying and abuse because she was not part of the lesbian majority". Nothing "dumb" about it. Dumb is when people attempt to distort the truth by splitting legalistic hairs concerning something insignificant.

Yes, my comment was specific to her 98% assertion. I have no idea what the number is and I have no horse in the race so I don't care. But logic mandates there are more than 3 heterosexuals in the league.

Candice speaks to her unfortunate experience, and I accept her version of her feelings as her truth. However, the "dumb" part is when she claims 98% she loses credibility to me on her total comments. She loses more credibility to me when she refuses to grant a "clarifying" interview with Michelle Voepel citing her need for privacy. She brought the matter up and now she wants to hide behind privacy? And, counter to your reply that she has has nothing to gain, she will forego her need for privacy as she claims she will when she is paid for her memoirs. I call that gain and I call her total first interview as a disingenuous effort to, in reality, promote her soon to be published memoirs (Apparently she is not calling it a book)

With respect to Mulkey? Kudos for trying to preserve some recruiting success. But saying detractors should be punched in the face? Dumb!

Apparently Kim now thinks so too

Last edited:
The LV team has beaten more top 25 teams than many that are listed in the top 25. Others haven't but are ranked. If you were to look at the accomplishments of the team over the past 5 years it would show that you're train wreck comment is out of line for the LV's.

Not surprised at your response, Slydell. Keep on riding that train. I wish Holly & the LV team would prove me wrong, but my hopes aren't high. :whistling:

Years ago there was a commercial on tv for Florida orange juice where the guy said "come on down it's on me" ... well some lawyers went down and sent him a bill. The next commercial just said come on down. I wonder how many folks are going to send Mulkey a bill for saying (I don't recall the exact words) she would pay for your kids to come here?

No. She corrected you're assertion that Wiggin's "statement" was dumb. Wiggins made several "statements" that were quoted in that original piece. Those "statements" took courage to say, and certainly were not going to endear her to WNBA or media types. I can see no gain for her whatsoever outside the fact that she is relieved to expose the discrimination that she allegedly experienced.

And if your trying to boil all of it down to the "98%" comment. It is obvious that she was using hyperbole and not acting as some sort of literal scientific pollster.

Her clear and obvious point was that "as a heterosexual minority in the WNBA, she experienced significant bullying and abuse because she was not part of the lesbian majority". Nothing "dumb" about it. Dumb is when people attempt to distort the truth by splitting legalistic hairs concerning something insignificant.

best comment about this situation on any forum, thanks

VN Store

Back