Murray predicts 2-6 start

Has it out for Pruitt? Seems realistic to me.

How did Saban do his first year? How did Kirby Smart do his first year?

This guy really has it out for Pruitt. Segment talking about new coaches that may struggle. Murray goes with Pruitt. Predicts a 2-6 start. Says he may not be cut out to be a head coach. "Being 'a guy' and 'the guy' are totally different things."

Thought i'd share:

Starts at the 34 sec mark

Inside College Football: Arizona & Tennessee Head Coaches

Screw Murray, he's has had a vendetta against Pruitt for some time now and talks down about him every chance he gets.

There is an old saying,
Class, undefinable, but those whose have it, are unmistakable!

Murray is classless in my opinion!

Go Vols

Reactions: FïreBall
During SEC media days it was explained the during Pruitt’s stint at Georgia he had a disrespectful tone towards Richt. Whatever that means. It could mean he dared to disagree and was vocal about it anyway some players took it personal.

We were the worst team in the SEC last season, and have a first part of the season that has a nasty 5-game gauntlet, plus we open with a top-25 team. A new coaching staff implementing new schemes on both sides of the ball, and a perception outside of Knoxville that the team has very little SEC-level talent. If I was on the outside looking in, 2-6 would be a safe pick when looking at the first 8 games of our schedule, and after watching us last season.

Reactions: 08Vol
During SEC media days it was explained the during Pruitt’s stint at Georgia he had a disrespectful tone towards Richt. Whatever that means. It could mean he dared to disagree and was vocal about it anyway some players took it personal.

I saw an interview on the PF Show with the guy who has the Dawg Run, or something like that, and I believe he also covers the Dawg s for the AJC. He said Pruitt was basically brought in by the AD so wasn't completely under Richt. From day 1 he literally started pushing for changes because he didn't feel UGA had the commitment to win championships, so rubbed a lot of Richt's staff the wrong way. He apparently was very aggressive about it if the rumors are true. seemed

But this Dawg writer actually seemed to be a Pruitt fan, as he said Pruitt's demands actually got the ball rolling that got UGA to where it is today because the UGA administration ultimately got rid of MR and brought in a Saban disciple.

Reactions: FïreBall
talking heads...well, there is a reason someone would believe we would go 2-6, but I feel better about the team than that, but I am a Vol fan...it's getting closer gang where we'll see how this transpires...WE ARE TENNESSEE...and,

GO VOLS!

Reactions: Type Orange+
We were the worst team in the SEC last season, and have a first part of the season that has a nasty 5-game gauntlet, plus we open with a top-25 team. A new coaching staff implementing new schemes on both sides of the ball, and a perception outside of Knoxville that the team has very little SEC-level talent. If I was on the outside looking in, 2-6 would be a safe pick when looking at the first 8 games of our schedule, and after watching us last season.

NOT SO CRAZY of a Post Ivan, my hope is that the Vols just can't be 4-8 bad this year, but I'm aware that installing a new defense and offense could possibly go badly for the Vols.
As usual, the truth is probably somewhere in the middle, finishing 6-6 may be too optimistic , but maybe winning a game or two that we're not supposed to win, can give the Vols the boost necessary to jump start 2019......only time will tell
Go Vols beat WV

I saw an interview on the PF Show with the guy who has the Dawg Run, or something like that, and I believe he also covers the Dawg s for the AJC. He said Pruitt was basically brought in by the AD so wasn't completely under Richt. From day 1 he literally started pushing for changes because he didn't feel UGA had the commitment to win championships, so rubbed a lot of Richt's staff the wrong way. He apparently was very aggressive about it if the rumors are true. seemed

But this Dawg writer actually seemed to be a Pruitt fan, as he said Pruitt's demands actually got the ball rolling that got UGA to where it is today because the UGA administration ultimately got rid of MR and brought in a Saban disciple.

This makes more sense than Aaron Murray's rants against Pruitt

So apparently proving that he really doesn't know anything about the Vols talent, just going on our record from last year. Aaron Murray again thinks we suck, and Pruitt isn't the guy but "a" guy and we have no talent. I guess it's just not possible for some of these talking heads to do detailed into why we were 4-8 and to also take a look at our talent vs coaches developing talent. I'm starting to regret my career choice. It seems just going on TV and talking Chiz with no research is worth way more money.

Aaron Murray Sounds Off on Jeremy Pruitt Again | Rocky Top Insider

"
Murray had a roundtable discussion with other CBS analysts on a segment called Inside College Football where they were discussing first-year head coaches who could struggle in 2018. The discussion started by looking at Herm Edwards at Arizona State, but then Aaron Murray shared his thoughts on Jeremy Pruitt at Tennessee.

“I don’t think he’s inheriting a very good football team talent-wise,” Murray stated. “And then you just look at their schedule … Realistically, in my mind, this team can be 2-6 a little more than half way through the season. You start losing some ball games, people start questioning the new regime."

“Every new head coach has a lot to prove,” Murray explained. “It’s a different ball game, and we talk about with players too: Being ‘a guy’ or being ‘the guy’ is two completely different things for coaches and players.”

Murray claims that the Vols don’t have much talent this year, but we looked at both UT’s and Florida’s rosters yesterday and saw that the Vols actually have more overall talent than the Gators heading into the 2018 season. Tennessee currently has 34 players on their roster who were rated as four-stars or better according to the 247Sports Composite rankings. Yet most in the national and regional media are predicting much more success for Florida this year than for Tennessee.

Here's to whooping WVU and Florida to start 4-0 and seeing that azzhat eat some crow.

tenor.gif

It must be that 2009 Independence Bowl championship that makes Aaron Murray such an expert on everything college football.

Hate to be a Buzz Kill. But Vegas kind of agrees with him. Caveat this is "on paper" based mostly on last years results projected against this year's schedule. They say our "most likely" record will be 5-7. And it will take a miracle for us to get to 7-5 this year. About a 35% chance to make a bowl. Only locks ETSU, UTEP, Charlotte. Only gives us a 50/50 against Vandy and KY.
Tennessee Volunteers

Reactions: 08Vol
The good news is we'll find out soon.

The question I have is why on earth should I care what Aaron Murray thinks? His opinion is about as relevant as my own, which is not at all.

I agree. Regardless of what Mr. Murray says, I will take (1) CJP and his current direction of rebuilding this proud football program (player by player) instead of (10) "Butch Jones "one liners" and "brick by brick" approach. While we "may" not have the number of wins this year that we would like, all those folks that seem to be worried about TN need to be more worried starting next year. I think this coaching staff is going to be a lot better at developing players and in getting better results on the field. No I do not expect a great season.....But I do believe we are going to see some surprises and do not rule out an upset or two.

He's a dawg.

It's all about recruiting!

He wants to make Pruitt look bad in the eyes of recruits cause he knows Pruitt is raiding Georgia, and will continue to do so.................................
Exactly
VolNation should start trashing AM the way he is trashing us.

This guy really has it out for Pruitt. Segment talking about new coaches that may struggle. Murray goes with Pruitt. Predicts a 2-6 start. Says he may not be cut out to be a head coach. "Being 'a guy' and 'the guy' are totally different things."

Thought i'd share:

Starts at the 34 sec mark

Inside College Football: Arizona & Tennessee Head Coaches

Elvis Presley predicts 17-10 Win over West Virginia boys!

I went squirrel huntin’ yesterday and parked next to a tree,
When a ghostly figure with a curled up lip, plopped down beside me
He said Cletus, them analyst type sayin’ the Vols cant beat them mountaineers
But they don’t know, what lies inside of Pruitt’s Volunteers

He got into a karate stance and pointed to the sky
He then said “hubba hubba” and he looked me in the eye
He twanged on his guitar strangs and said Cletus tell all your friends
That the Vols gonna beat them West Virginia boys…….. 17-10!

Go Vols!!!

He also said Daniel Bituli has a big game!

The hell with those uga announcer pieces of garbage. It’s funny how they are always the most negative against all things Tennessee. No one expects the Vols to set the world on fire this year, but these guys expect it to be a dumpster fire before it even starts.

Reactions: VolsnRavens

VN Store

Back