Musselman heading to USC

So USC loses its coach to SMU after putting up a losing record. Then they go after Musselman after his worst year at Arkansas. Some interesting hires going on in the post season for these schools and not in a good way.

It’s funny , Basilio gets dogged around here all the time(some is warranted) but he’s been saying since December that Musselman was trying to get out of Arkansas and he’d be done there after the season.

And before the inevitable “”Hi, Tony “ reply, let me be clear that it’s totally me. I’m Tony.

It’s funny , Basilio gets dogged around here all the time(some is warranted) but he’s been saying since December that Musselman was trying to get out of Arkansas and he’d be done there after the season.

And before the inevitable “”Hi, Tony “ reply, let me be clear that it’s totally me. I’m Tony.
blind pig finds acorn

I mean it’s not exactly a scorching take to predict that a guy might want to reset the clock somewhere else after the abomination that was this year’s Arkansas basketball team.

They wanted applesauce so thus.....

I see what you did there.... Clever 😉 😆

I'm really interested in who Arkansas goes after as a coach now. Hopefully,they find somebody long term because when Arkansas is successful then it's good for the entire conference.

Reactions: VolNExile
I see what you did there.... Clever 😉 😆

I'm really interested in who Arkansas goes after as a coach now. Hopefully,they find somebody long term because when Arkansas is successful then it's good for the entire conference.
The AD Yurachek is getting completely scorched right now for not closing the deal on Beard. Might not end well for him if this hire is underwhelming after bad football and basketball seasons.

Tang or Wade seem to be the next options but after that I guess you just have to throw a dart at one of the mid-major up and comers.

Reactions: Pennheel
The AD Yurachek is getting completely scorched right now for not closing the deal on Beard. Might not end well for him if this hire is underwhelming after bad football and basketball seasons.

Tang or Wade seem to be the next options but after that I guess you just have to throw a dart at one of the mid-major up and comers.

Tang would be a really good hire to go after. He's had success at Kansas St. He's proved to be a good coach in a tough Big 12.

They are a program that scares me long term so I hope they go with Tang. I do not want them to get Beard, and I certainly do not want them to get Will Wade. I think Wade would do very well there if they are willing to spend money on their kids like we and some others are doing.

Jerome Tang staying at K-State.

ba967bd6fecd75e2d26c65f5472a84ef.jpg

They are a program that scares me long term so I hope they go with Tang. I do not want them to get Beard, and I certainly do not want them to get Will Wade. I think Wade would do very well there if they are willing to spend money on their kids like we and some others are doing.
He is staying at K State. Yeah, no offense to Tang, but he wouldn’t be in my top 5 if I were Arkansas. Abdur-Rahim would scare me but I don’t see that happening.

Well, I'd go after a coach that has proven to have success. I'd go after Beard now... Hopefully, hes bettered himself as a person. If he takes it,I'm sure Wade takes the vacancy at Ole Miss if that happens.

So USC loses its coach to SMU after putting up a losing record. Then they go after Musselman after his worst year at Arkansas. Some interesting hires going on in the post season for these schools and not in a good way.
I think this years Arkansas soap opera was an anomaly. I don’t much like Musselman but he does seem like a good coach.

Reactions: Pennheel

Everyone knew he wanted out. He was trying to tell his players to run the triangle offense but they took it one step further and ran the love triangle. Too much drama for any coach to deal with.

Well, I'd go after a coach that has proven to have success. I'd go after Beard now... Hopefully, hes bettered himself as a person. If he takes it,I'm sure Wade takes the vacancy at Ole Miss if that happens.
Surprising but true that Wade has already served his show cause and is good to go for 2025. I expect he will definitely get an upgrade.

Read an article on an Arkansas site early in the tournament that attributed the record number of SEC teams in the tournament to Musselman’s past success there. My first thought was that his agent was feeding the journalists to try to create some interest and a new opportunity.

Reactions: OrangeInKy
Read an article on an Arkansas site early in the tournament that attributed the record number of SEC teams in the tournament to Musselman’s past success there. My first thought was that his agent was feeding the journalists to try to create some interest and a new opportunity.
Sounds on brand for Musselman

Reactions: VAVol85

VN Store

Back