My take on the O/W game

Didn't see enough on offense to make me think we win more than 8 games. Hope I'm wrong.

Here's my 2 cents worth..... I know we have guys hurt n some coming bck from injuries n surgeries, but I kinda get the feel that CBJ n staff do not wanna show there hand in the spring game! Yes they wanted to make it a great fan experience (and they did) but they only wanted to show enough to increase the speculation and maybe, just maybe play it down so the hype slows so when the season starts n we get into the meat of our schedule we suprise some people that wasn't expecting it. But hey, that's just my 2 cents.

Reactions: 2 people
Here's my 2 cents worth..... I know we have guys hurt n some coming bck from injuries n surgeries, but I kinda get the feel that CBJ n staff do not wanna show there hand in the spring game! Yes they wanted to make it a great fan experience (and they did) but they only wanted to show enough to increase the speculation and maybe, just maybe play it down so the hype slows so when the season starts n we get into the meat of our schedule we suprise some people that wasn't expecting it. But hey, that's just my 2 cents.

I agree. Wait till we get McKenzie, Taylor, Martin, Preston Williams and Richmond into the mix.

We're going to be a top 4 SEC team this year.

My favorite things about the scrimmage today...
Medley redeeming his missed 33 yarder with a 55 yarder
Jack Jones and Andrew Buther in the circle of life drill.
The QB Challenge was awesome. Dobbs steps up when the pressure is on and Dormady will push him.
Dormady showing off his arm.
Evan Berry's hit on Wolf. Best hit of the day.
Josh Malone getting separation.
The O-line held their own today, some of the sacks were questionable.
Jennings being full contact.

I did not like seeing the WR screen pass all the way to the WR across the field again. It had the same results as last year, with the exception of Croom vs Kentucky.

They are better than last year but the OL is still a major concern, the only weakness that we got this is a 10 win team and East Champion with a good OL, but with a average OL this will be a 8 win team, so in the summer the OL has to make major strides or this will hold this team back from being special.

Reactions: 1 person
They are better than last year but the OL is still a major concern, the only weakness that we got this is a 10 win team and East Champion with a good OL, but with a average OL this will be a 8 win team, so in the summer the OL has to make major strides or this will hold this team back from being special.

Terry that may be the most clear and well thought out thing you've ever posted on volnation.

Reactions: 1 person
Terry that may be the most clear and well thought out thing you've ever posted on volnation.

Except an average O-line would be thrilling, and would easily push us to the 9 win category. But that's a small offense for Pedigo.

That was the most entertaining O&W game I've ever seen. Butch is a natural born entertainer. If he ever retires from football I'm sure Barnum and Bailey
will snatch him up as a circus barker.

Great format, the individual one on ones were great. Hallelujah the rain stayed away. And a big thank you to Peyton Manning. My respect for that guy grows
every day.

I sure hope you're wrong about that.

Peyton needs to talk to him about the greatness of playing at UT for 4 years, and all the other players too.

We can only pray.

#BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!!

I think a call from Peyton might help a bit, good thinking. :good!:

1) OL looked better...still not quite there yet. Might have moved from number 14 in the SEC to about number 9. Blair looks like he can actually give us some valuable minutes.

2) Secondary is absolutely nasty. These guys are going to have a field day against a lot of teams. They won't be facing any real great QB's this year that I can think of.

3)Very encouraged by the depth we will have on DL. Tuttle looks like he can take a few snaps for us this fall.

4) WR's need some work but our secondary was sticking to them like glue. More of a testament to our DB's than anything I think. Malone looks improved to me but it was hard to tell since he was just running deep fly routes most of the day.

5) Dobbs has full command of the offense. Greater accuracy and looked even faster to me. He knows how to see a gash in the DL and rip off a long run. That may get him beat up a little this year, so it was good to see Dormady play well. He got a big arm and is pretty accurate already.

6) Hurd looks much bigger and looks faster to me. He looks like a defense punisher. Good to have Kamara. Kid looks quick as a hiccup.

7) T-Rob can still throw one heck of a pass.

Reactions: 2 people
MLB is part of the Nickel base package sir.
There is one OLB and one
MLB and one Nickel.

You are right but we ran our base defense (4-3) all day long and never ran a nickel package. We had a SAM, MIKE and WILL LB in both the 1st and 2nd teams all day.

VN Store

Back