Name player that doesn't get enough credit for their time at Tennessee

Tee Martin. Undefeated season, beat Florida, and won a national championship trophy for the trophy case. Tee did all of that in the one year he had to be the QB. Manning had 4 years at QB and never accomplished any of the three. Yet, for some mysterious reason, all you hear is Peyton this and Peyton that. Really sucks in my opinion.

To make you Peyton lovers as mad as I possibly can this morning I'll add this fact: When the cameras aren't rolling Peyton is a complete arrogant azz hole. A real bitc#.

momma don't hold back.

Peyton still does a lot of great things for this university. What does Tee do? Turn down a job offer and try and steal recruits?? Get outta here with that shizzle...

Reactions: 5 people
Alan Cockrell

He's in the top 5 of UT's QBs. Great leader, good arm and tough SOB. Led UT to two straight wins over Bama, the first of those being the first victory for the Vols in 13 years. The first QB to run Walt Harris' multiple pro-set and could also run the option. Tough SOB as a runner. Started as a true freshman then went down in the third game with a torn ACL. A-A baseball player who left after his junior season to play professionally.

Reactions: 1 person
Alan Cockrell

He's in the top 5 of UT's QBs. Great leader, good arm and tough SOB. Led UT to two straight wins over Bama, the first of those being the first victory for the Vols in 13 years. The first QB to run Walt Harris' multiple pro-set and could also run the option. Tough SOB as a runner. Started as a true freshman then went down in the third game with a torn ACL. A-A baseball player who left after his junior season to play professionally.

Cockrell was a threat at QB, much like Holloway, Streater, Robinson, Shuler, and Manning were. Kelly and Clausen managed their weapons well, Cockrell didn't have the supporting cast to produce as many wins as those two.

CASEY CLAUSEN, and it isn't even close...

That's who I was going to pick. I remember I loved watching him play when I was a kid but everyone seemed to dog him. I guess it's because they were spoiled with a NC and Peyton right beforehand haha

Cockrell was a threat at QB, much like Holloway, Streater, Robinson, Shuler, and Manning were. Kelly and Clausen managed their weapons well, Cockrell didn't have the supporting cast to produce as many wins as those two.

You do know that during Cockrell's time UT became WRU, don't you?

He had Gault, Mike Miller, Clyde Duncan and Tim McGee, all NFL players. Had Johnny Jones and Chuck Coleman at RB too.

You do know that during Cockrell's time UT became WRU, don't you?

He had Gault, Mike Miller, Clyde Duncan and Tim McGee, all NFL players. Had Johnny Jones and Chuck Coleman at RB too.

I'm saying that Cockrell had fewer wins relative to Clausen and Kelly because they were surrounded by more talent. Cockrell was a bigger QB threat, but you wouldn't know it based on his W-L record if comparing it to AK's and CC's.

TN became WRU with guys that were here before Cockrell. Stanley Morgan and Larry Seviers hinted at it then Hancock/Gault/M Miller/D Wilson pretty much established the moniker.

I'm saying that Cockrell had fewer wins relative to Clausen and Kelly because they were surrounded by more talent. Cockrell was a bigger QB threat, but you wouldn't know it based on his W-L record if comparing it to AK's and CC's.

TN became WRU with guys that were here before Cockrell. Stanley Morgan and Larry Seviers hinted at it then Hancock/Gault/M Miller/D Wilson pretty much established the moniker.

And even before them, Johnny Mills and Richmond Flowers became the first Tennessee receivers to post the kind of numbers associated with that position. Additionally, Richmond Flowers earned All-American honors in 1967 at wingback, although it was a position in which he rarely carried the ball that year. Flowers also established the precedent for speed at WRU.

And even before them, Johnny Mills and Richmond Flowers became the first Tennessee receivers to post the kind of numbers associated with that position. Additionally, Richmond Flowers earned All-American honors in 1967 at wingback, although it was a position in which he rarely carried the ball that year. Flowers also established the precedent for speed at WRU.

Add Buddy Cruze and Lester McClain.

Parys Haralson (spelling?)

Cedric Houston

Jayson Swain (seriously though)

Cedric was quick out of the backfield with the OL clearing a path, only to be tripped up by blades of grass. :blink:

Cedric was quick out of the backfield with the OL clearing a path, only to be tripped up by blades of grass. :blink:

Unfortunately for Cedric, he didn't follow Crompton. The worm burners might could have flattened those pesky blades.

VN Store

Back