National Analyst Believes Tennessee Football Can Make CFP

VolForLife83

"Tennessee, saw them last week. Super deep on the defensive line, deeper in the secondary than we thought they were going to be, deeper at receiver than we probably thought they were going to be. They need some injury luck on the offensive line. They need to stay healthy on the offensive line to be as good as they can be. But I feel like that’s a team that can play with anybody if Nico is as good as we think he’s going to be." On3's Andy Staples on Tennessee

I've said this since the Orange Bowl - next season is only going to be as good as the O Line will allow it to be...stay healthy on the O Line adn this could be a 10 or 11 win team.
injuries pop up or guys don't perform as they should and we could be a 7 or 8 win team.

I truly believe that the defensive backs left due to either a coaching change or information from the coaches that they were not going to get much playing time this coming season. It now appears to be the latter of the two as the DB coach is still here.

While I appreciate the positivity, I'm having a hard time understanding the statement about being deeper at secondary.
Know what you mean. I do see more playmakers but not sure if that equates to deeper depth, at least not yet.

Reactions: Vol_guy
We need OL depth. They get beat up as the season wears on. Hopefully, the RS sophs, and promising froshs will be ready for battle if/when called upon. If so, we will make some noise. I was hoping for three or more quality OL transfers. There might be hope yet by summer. I'd love to see us end up raiding defectors from Bama, Ga, OSU, Mich, or LSU due to unforeseen circumstances. Meanwhile, I'll do my part to try, try, try, to make this happen.

Pomelo Patsy, goddess and master of the Mandarin Firecrest,
the Phoenix flame bird of Tangerina, I seek a boon of you.
The denizens of the Vols tribe, have need of hefty warriors
to man the battle front against enemies that would
breach the walls and wreak havoc upon them. Send us
bulky behemoths to assist them in stemming the
onslaught to come. The Orange needs you O, Pomelo Patsy,
the Orange needs you.

1712253923727.png

Last edited:
I think maybe we’re still a year away but we do have a lot of older guys in the trenches which is never a bad thing.

Reactions: JCHateSteve
Despite myself I keep getting the feeling that their is something different about this team, in a good way.
IF we can pick up some of the Hooker type vibe balanced and efficient attack on offense w/ Nico, and certainly a stronger D, I definitely agree. The real 3 season long question under JH is, CAN WE GET OFF THE FIELD ON 3RD AND LONG?

That Oklahoma game is a tough one to have so early.

Win and the rest of your season doesn't look so bad. You could probably get into the playoffs easy with a 10-2 record.

Lose the OU game and you're gonna have to take down Bama, Georgia, or perhaps both to make it.

While I appreciate the positivity, I'm having a hard time understanding the statement about being deeper at secondary.
Well he said he saw them last week, so I'm assuming it means he was impressed by the talent he saw. Those young guys getting a lot of praise from the coaching staff. Especially Boo Carter. He might be a difference maker and that's something we haven't had on the backend in while.

Reactions: Vol_guy and 1974Vol
Well he said he saw them last week, so I'm assuming it means he was impressed by the talent he saw. Those young guys getting a lot of praise from the coaching staff. Especially Boo Carter. He might be a difference maker and that's something we haven't had on the backend in while.
Been a minute since we had a lock down corner that doesn't need help over the top. Makes defensive calls SO MUCH easier and bringing that free safety on 3rd down might just get us off the field with regularity :)

That Oklahoma game is a tough one to have so early.

Win and the rest of your season doesn't look so bad. You could probably get into the playoffs easy with a 10-2 record.

Lose the OU game and you're gonna have to take down Bama, Georgia, or perhaps both to make it.
Bama is going down in '24. Wouldn't be surprised if we upset UGA.

VN Store

Back