National Analyst Believes Tennessee Football Can Make CFP

The thread is started to discuss a "national analyst" who "believes Tennessee can make the playoffs."

Then 87/91 rolls in:
Every time, every year, some expert says we are going to be "really good" or "win the CFB"....

A few minutes later...

You obviously do not read VN very often. I quoted someone who was talking us winning it all and posted today. ... Pick VN from any year it has existed and you will find someone who is talking great success and NATTYs.

I see your error.

You think there are experts in these forums.

I thought you were talking about the OP's post. Didn't know you went off on your own tangent.

Go Vols!

Last edited:
What’s he talking about can? Top 3 offense in CFB with and improved defense. They will. Top 12 easy

Heard was a big spend and I believe they spent a ton to keep Campbell and a couple other guys from either moving on to the NFL or elsewhere? Depth is still a concern though.
Yeah just read this. Feel a bit better:

Reactions: cherokeeeVOL
Meanwhile.
Well, the dog and cracked crystal ball still aren't giving their 2024 prediction yet. But I took a gamble and jury-rigged an electronic connection between the crystal ball and a Magic 8 ball. Here's what came out as a result.

Bama's new coach in his first year will strive to leave things much as they are. He wants to appease the volatile Tide fans. In his second year, he will dare to provide the team with an alternative uniform the players want. And hope it isn't a suicidal move.

The 2024 SECw champion will be a knock down and dragout fight between Ole Miss. and LSU with Ole Miss winning due having more offensive firepower.

The SECe will be a Ga. - Tenn affair, with Ga winning. In part because Tenn. once again gets screwed by the refs. But also a factor will be Heupel taking not one, but two too many risky 4th and 4 plays. At that point my haphazard wiring shortened out. So I'm now left with a melted Magic 8 Ball and a blackened crystal ball. The dog said I'd need some pumice soap and Gloop to clean it.

While I appreciate the positivity, I'm having a hard time understanding the statement about being deeper at secondary.
The talent we have this year is waaay better than what we had on the field last year. Those last year players knew what was coming, hence the mass(good riddance) Exodus from those guys...GBO...If they didn't know the coaching staff sure as hell didn't give them back their dorm keys or food cards. Kick rocks... Nuff said. GBO!

Every time, every year, some expert says we are going to be "really good" or "win the CFB", or some other grand guess and we struggle, key players get hurt, rosy becomes tarnished by reality. I love the Vols and want them to compete for the NATTY every year. Let's chill on the prognostications and let this play itself out on the field. Go Vols! Oh...I will believe we are headed to the top when we have a secondary/defense that can stop the folks already playing at the top and score more points than our opponents that seem to get to the top every freaking year. We have Oklahoma and UGA on the road and Florida and Bama at home this year. That is a tough mountain to climb. Thankful we do not have Texas, LSU, and Ole Miss on our schedule this year.
I don't know about "EVERY year some expert says..." What year was this in the past 15 years? I can't tell you how much I disagree with you. I will say, I know some of you out there are scared to show your Orange Blood...this just feels different. Even if we don't get the NATTY this year, I just know we WILL be in the conversation for the next few or more years...GBO!

Friend? Last time we won the Natty was in 1998 and before that 1951. You obviously do not read VN very often. I quoted someone who was talking us winning it all and posted today. We can't beat UGA and Bama consistently yet, what makes you think we can win the Natty playing Oklahoma, LSU, Ole Miss, Florida, and all the rest of our challengers? I would love to see us win a Natty in 2024/2025 but, I sure haven't seen anything that gave me that confidence yet. "Feels it". LOL! Pick VN from any year it has existed and you will find someone who is talking great success and NATTYs. I'm a realist. College football championship odds: Latest NCAAF winner betting.
Those teams have to play us too! TO BE THE BEST, YOU HAVE TO BEAT THE BEST...WOOO!

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
Meanwhile.
Well, the dog and cracked crystal ball still aren't giving their 2024 prediction yet. But I took a gamble and jury-rigged an electronic connection between the crystal ball and a Magic 8 ball. Here's what came out as a result.

Bama's new coach in his first year will strive to leave things much as they are. He wants to appease the volatile Tide fans. In his second year, he will dare to provide the team with an alternative uniform the players want. And hope it isn't a suicidal move.

The 2024 SECw champion will be a knock down and dragout fight between Ole Miss. and LSU with Ole Miss winning due having more offensive firepower.

The SECe will be a Ga. - Tenn affair, with Ga winning. In part because Tenn. once again gets screwed by the refs. But also a factor will be Heupel taking not one, but two too many risky 4th and 4 plays. At that point my haphazard wiring shortened out. So I'm now left with a melted Magic 8 Ball and a blackened crystal ball. The dog said I'd need some pumice soap and Gloop to clean it.
Might want to check on the magic 8 ball and cracked crystal met.. I mean ball. There aren’t divisions anymore.

Might want to check on the magic 8 ball and cracked crystal met.. I mean ball. There aren’t divisions anymore.
Told that darn ball about that. Said, "Ball, you've been hibernating too long. Things have changed." Guess it's cracked because it's old, with a foggy memory. Either that, or it said those things to spite the dog, they've been feuding lately. I'll try setting the thing straight after I finish breakfast. Got to finish before Shirley wakes up and start nagging me about eating more healthy.
1712657133992.png

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Those teams have to play us too! TO BE THE BEST, YOU HAVE TO BEAT THE BEST...WOOO!
There are a lot of teams that can reasonably argue that concept. Florida State fans come to mind this year. I am 100% fired up for a winning season, defeating those we have had trouble defeating, running the tables, picking up trophies, and shaming all the naysayers. LOL....looking forward to some UT college football!

Reactions: OrangeShades
A 10-2 Vols team is making the playoffs imo.
A long way to go to get to that level

A 10-2 Vols team is making the playoffs imo.
A long way to go to get to that level
We did it in 2022 so not a long way. Uga went 8-5 in 2016 and went to national championship the next year. TN has talent we just need to see if they put it together and stay healthy. Press the kicking game - this is where the breaks are made.

We did it in 2022 so not a long way. Uga went 8-5 in 2016 and went to national championship the next year. TN has talent we just need to see if they put it together and stay healthy. Press the kicking game - this is where the breaks are made.
The dog and cracked crystal ball like the way you thunk. I remain a bit timid on that issue. Mainly a-cause I'm leery of our limited experienced OL depth. Hopefully, we don't end up being an Iowa, great defense but can't produce enough offense due to line failure. But the dog and ball think we're primed, locked, and loaded. I'd argue my reasons, but the dog has sharp teeth, and the ball has glass splinters.

"Tennessee, saw them last week. Super deep on the defensive line, deeper in the secondary than we thought they were going to be, deeper at receiver than we probably thought they were going to be. They need some injury luck on the offensive line. They need to stay healthy on the offensive line to be as good as they can be. But I feel like that’s a team that can play with anybody if Nico is as good as we think he’s going to be." On3's Andy Staples on Tennessee

Lots of "thinks" and "thoughts".

VN Store

Back