National Debt Hits $30T

Dip$H*T is at it again. And all the suckers that don't understand Econ think this is helping them. Sheep get slaughtered.

Lmfao I love the fact that we have lawyers getting student loan repayment. Glad the poor get to subsidize the upper and middle class under Biden

Lmfao I love the fact that we have lawyers getting student loan repayment. Glad the poor get to subsidize the upper and middle class under Biden

Upper-class students don't get student loans. Student loans are taken out by lower, lower-middle and middle-class students.

We have a spending problem far worse than we have a taxing problem. While we don't have to pay OFF the debt, the current debt/gdp ratio of over 120% is absurd, killing the value of the dollar and making it harder for the middle and lower class. Taxes will do zero in the absence of spending cuts.

Upper-class students don't get student loans. Student loans are taken out by lower, lower-middle and middle-class students.

Lmfao. People from all classes get student loans. Especially if the government is paying them.

But the most important point is this…if law school is financially beneficial, why should those not going to law school pay for it

Dont believe the Dem lies. All they do is lie.

First they say the tax cuts were for only the rich. BS.
Two..fed revenue has increased every year minus covid.

Let the good times roll.....

This last paragraph has always been my main concern.

"If at some moment these folks that have so far been happy to buy government debt from major economies decide that 'You know what, I'm not too sure if this is a good investment anymore, I'm going to ask for a higher interest rate to be persuaded to hold this' then we could have a real accident on our hands," Gomes said.

He added: "The moment the government in any country realizes that it cannot sell $1.7 trillion in [annual] debt anymore, you will have to impose major cuts on some programs. That opens a Pandora's box of social unrest that I don't think anybody wants to think about."

Last edited:
Let the good times roll.....

This last paragraph has always been my main concern.

"If at some moment these folks that have so far been happy to buy government debt from major economies decide that 'You know what, I'm not too sure if this is a good investment anymore, I'm going to ask for a higher interest rate to be persuaded to hold this' then we could have a real accident on our hands," Gomes said.

He added: "The moment the government in any country realizes that it cannot sell $1.7 trillion in [annual] debt anymore, you will have to impose major cuts on some programs. That opens a Pandora's box of social unrest that I don't think anybody wants to think about."
Why isn't a default considered a reasonable solution? Just walk away from this unpayable debt.

Why isn't a default considered a reasonable solution? Just walk away from this unpayable debt.

Most of the ND is held by US citizens. Defaulting gives them capital losses. Capital losses result in paying less income tax. Plus there’s less paid to retirees through retirement funds - which lowers tax collections. Plus defaulting will destroy the low rates that the government pays in interest. Future borrowings will be at considerably higher terms since there will be a risk component going forward. Plus, a good deal of the SS trust fund revenue comes from their loans. Those might be a few valid reasons.

Trouble At The Fed: Investigation Into Lisa Cook’s Academic Record Raises Questions​

1712796213779.png

Lisa D. Cook is one of the world’s most powerful economists. She taught economics at Harvard University and Michigan State University and served on the Obama administration’s Council of Economic Advisers before being appointed, in 2022, to the Federal Reserve Board of Governors, which controls the interest rates and money supply of the United States.

Despite her pedigree, questions have long persisted about her academic record. Her publication history is remarkably thin for a tenured professor, and her published work largely focuses on race activism rather than on rigorous, quantitative economics. Her nomination to the Fed required Vice President Kamala Harris to cast a tie-breaking vote; by contrast, her predecessor in the seat, Janet Yellen, now Treasury secretary, was confirmed unanimously.

The quality of her scholarship has also received criticism. Her most heralded work, 2014’s “Violence and Economic Activity: Evidence from African American Patents, 1870 to 1940,” examined the number of patents by black inventors in the past, concluding that the number plummeted in 1900 because of lynchings and discrimination. Other researchers soon discovered that the reason for the sudden drop in 1900 was that one of the databases Cook relied on stopped collecting data in that year. The true number of black patents, one subsequent study found, might be as much as 70 times greater than Cook’s figure, effectively debunking the study’s premise.

Trouble At The Fed: Investigation Into Lisa Cook’s Academic Record Raises Questions​

View attachment 633519

Lisa D. Cook is one of the world’s most powerful economists. She taught economics at Harvard University and Michigan State University and served on the Obama administration’s Council of Economic Advisers before being appointed, in 2022, to the Federal Reserve Board of Governors, which controls the interest rates and money supply of the United States.

Despite her pedigree, questions have long persisted about her academic record. Her publication history is remarkably thin for a tenured professor, and her published work largely focuses on race activism rather than on rigorous, quantitative economics. Her nomination to the Fed required Vice President Kamala Harris to cast a tie-breaking vote; by contrast, her predecessor in the seat, Janet Yellen, now Treasury secretary, was confirmed unanimously.

The quality of her scholarship has also received criticism. Her most heralded work, 2014’s “Violence and Economic Activity: Evidence from African American Patents, 1870 to 1940,” examined the number of patents by black inventors in the past, concluding that the number plummeted in 1900 because of lynchings and discrimination. Other researchers soon discovered that the reason for the sudden drop in 1900 was that one of the databases Cook relied on stopped collecting data in that year. The true number of black patents, one subsequent study found, might be as much as 70 times greater than Cook’s figure, effectively debunking the study’s premise.

I don't really care about her academic past.

can she/is she doing her job? Yes or no. Yes, keep her no matter what her background is. No? Get rid of her, no matter what her back ground is.

Reactions: McDad
We have a spending problem far worse than we have a taxing problem. While we don't have to pay OFF the debt, the current debt/gdp ratio of over 120% is absurd, killing the value of the dollar and making it harder for the middle and lower class. Taxes will do zero in the absence of spending cuts.

The spending is what hurting us. How much more debt can we take? There has to be a breaking point

The spending is what hurting us. How much more debt can we take? There has to be a breaking point
I think that’s what some are counting on. Manufacturing a crisis to extract money and liberties while imposing more regulation and control. I hate to be a cynic since it runs completely counter to how I used to view and feel about the US, but I don’t trust the politicians or the bureaucracies at all anymore.

176,923,076,923 a month.
5,897,435,897 a day
245,726,495 an hour
4,095,441 a minute
68,257 a sec

of debt. that isn't spending, just debt. the spending we can't afford.
The 100 + pounds of flesh that will be extracted from all of us should be fun.

Reactions: Orangeburst

VN Store

Back