'26 NC QB Faizon Brandon

Sorry if this has already been asked but does it hurt us that we have GMac as a ā€˜25? If Faizon is going to end up being a #1 QB/Overall type of player I imagine in this day and age he will want to go somewhere where itā€™s ā€œwide openā€?

But I hope Iā€™m wrong and that our good recruiting doesnā€™t hurt us

Sorry if this has already been asked but does it hurt us that we have GMac as a ā€˜25? If Faizon is going to end up being a #1 QB/Overall type of player I imagine in this day and age he will want to go somewhere where itā€™s ā€œwide openā€?

Every college that recruits him has the same problem generally most schools take a QB every class.

You don't wait for your options to be limited to start exploring them. If he's looking for a program that has no talented QBs in front of him? He'll easily find his match. The REST of the roster most likely won't be to his liking.

No, will be a Vol

Honest question here. Whyā€™s everyone so obsessed with GMac when he has several people ahead of him and heā€™s not set foot on campus. Iā€™m loving how much competition we have in the qb room!

Honest question here. Whyā€™s everyone so obsessed with GMac when he has several people ahead of him and heā€™s not set foot on campus. Iā€™m loving how much competition we have in the qb room!
Probably something to do with being a 5 star who will be able to come in and sit for a year just like Nico did.

a flick of a wrist to the opposing team or off target.

he was a phenom to watch run the ball....but man was he inaccurate.
Iā€™ll take a precision Peyton wobbler 6 days a week, and twice on Sunday šŸ˜‰

But the Vick flick was a sight to behold. Much like Joe launching a ball 70 yards downfield - it was the act itself, not necessarily the result.

But the Vick flick was a sight to behold. Much like Joe launching a ball 70 yards downfield - it was the act itself, not necessarily the result.
Another fun tangent to his freak factor is that heā€™s naturally right handed but threw leftā€¦really hard!

Reactions: 85SugarVol
As Bo Nix and Penix showedā€¦one good year in the right system will get you drafted in the first round. You donā€™t need to be a 4 year starter.

If Nico does well the next 2 years, he is gone.

Joe Milton had 1 pretty good year and was drafted 5th round.
Both had 2 good years in the right system each, but to your point yes.

Joe Burrow is probably the best example of 1 year turnaround

Probably something to do with being a 5 star who will be able to come in and sit for a year just like Nico did.
Does Huepel not love Merk and assuming we get Faizon Iā€™m sure heā€™ll love him too. My point is Iā€™m not sure why GMac is getting all the love he is getting and he may never be our guy. That qb room is gonna be full of competition!

Does Huepel not love Merk and assuming we get Faizon Iā€™m sure heā€™ll love him too. My point is Iā€™m not sure why GMac is getting all the love he is getting and he may never be our guy. That qb room is gonna be full of competition!
I think Merk is getting overlooked as well. I think GMac gets a lot of love bc heā€™s rated so highly and heā€™s a home state kid. Either way our qb room is going to be the most competitive itā€™s been in a long long time.

So whats the difference between 247 composite and the standard 247 rankings? Im just confused how the standard rankings have him 1st overall, but the composite has him a middle of the road 4 star

Michael Vick was Mr. ESPN highlight reel. Just donā€™t look at the final score of the game. Otherwise, youā€™ll see that his team lost because on the non-highlight reel plays, Vick was throwing a bunch of incomplete passes.

So whats the difference between 247 composite and the standard 247 rankings? Im just confused how the standard rankings have him 1st overall, but the composite has him a middle of the road 4 star

247 (and On3) rates them individually.

They also combine their ranking with the other sites. Not sure if 247 incorporates on3 but I know On3 incorporates 247. That comprises their composite.

So on3 or 247 could have a kid as a high 4 star, but if Rivals/Espn have the same kid ranked low itā€™ll drop their composite.

VN Store

Back