NCAA’s New Transfer Rules

Because of course we did. At this point it's par for the course.

Damn we needed Solomon in the worst way this season.

giphy.gif
Did I want to see UGA play UT with Soloman and Gibbs? Nope .. is this fair to UT (or even Luke Ford who transferred from UGA to Illinois)? Absolutely not .. if Fields could get a no apparent reason transfer, all of these kids should. Just a damn joke.

If the NCAA lays down restrictions thus treating them like employees then they need to pay them.

What's more, is the NCAA is governing with Authority of which they truly do not have the power to do unless everybody buys in.

Their investigations lack expertise and control. They let the FBI do their dirty work the last time and failed to adjudicate on the findings.

This should be interesting as they opened Pandora's Box and getting the lid on it will be quite the tasks.

Pay the players something and quit the prosecution of the Schools nitpicky rules that should not exist.

I agree its not likely they pass something and then say everything still backed up in the works ifs affected. Not because I trust in the NCAA to be fair but because that's how the legals think. It will likely have wording saying something like any application put in after x date gets the new guidelines. Because all the ones in now were based on the current guidelines and the athletes transferred based on that.

Also note this
The Associated Press reported in May that the total number of requests increased from 150 in 2017-18 to 250 in 2018-19, though the success rate for claims fell by two percentage points in 2018-19 compared to the previous four years.

Even thought there were more transfers actually less waivers were granted percentage wise. Meaning basically the same percentage. This leads one to think they might not bother changing it since is not really resulting in a higher percentage of waivers perse
I agree. These athletes/students have based their decisions on the current NCAA Transfer Guidelines. It would be unlikely the NCAA would backup the new guidelines. I think these will be enforced for the 2020 season. I mean, HELL! it's freakin' June, for Christ sake!

Are we sure that this only takes effect from this point forward on filing .. the ones already submitted should not be bound by this .. since there have already been waivers granted for this year... should apply going forward .. surely this is not in effect immediately .. surely wouldn't use 2 different rules in thethe NCAA same calendar year ..

"NCAA surely wouldn't use 2 different rules in the same calendar year, would they?

Would They, now that's funny, I'm sure they wouldn't, would they?

The problem is it's the NCAA and they are very good at ignoring common sense. That being said I think fr just what we do know Plasvic probably will get his. I have no idea what grounds they'd have for the 2 football players but I feel less confident about them even before the rule change.

Reactions: HuntlandVolinColo

VN Store

Back