NCAA Says Play Immediately.

Wonder how long it will be before teams start recruiting players for individual games instead of just seasons? 😳
Yep, a coach whose season is not going as expected will be nudging some of his players to hit the portal so he has room to pick up some other players to try to salvage his season.

Are there not still defined windows for entry?

Is there not wording that prohibits playing at two different schools in same season? Thought I read that.

My theory is the NCAA is wanting either Congress or the courts to FURTHER define total rules of engagement, instead of getting slapped around. When it gets bad enough all the reps with ties to the LESSER BLESSED SCHOOLS will demand some fairness and impose it on NCAA. Until then they can just blame the courts.

With money still the root of all evil, I still believe they will require the individual athletes earnings to be unlimited, but require a cap on the NIL amount each team can have each season on their roster to force distribution of athletes just like scholly limits WHICH have never been challenged. Now it is legal no reason to not report it and how to handle deferred income is biggest obstacle. NFL has roster limits and salary caps as the pattern.
There are windows but there are players still announcing and entering outside those windows. The windows are a joke

It's true on playing for two schools on the same season due to being able to enroll. Of course this also could end up in court

There are windows but there are players still announcing and entering outside those windows. The windows are a joke

It's true on playing for two schools on the same season due to being able to enroll. Of course this also could end up in court
What is keeping schools from having option years with schollys? Once again I would be emulating pro concepts as much as possible. NLI vs salary and all.

What is keeping schools from having option years with schollys? Once again I would be emulating pro concepts as much as possible. NLI vs salary and all.

every year is an option to give scholarship or not, for the school. The rules and laws say the school cannot provide anything to the players as incentive to play for them. As things now stand

every year is an option to give scholarship or not, for the school. The rules and laws say the school cannot provide anything to the players as incentive to play for them. As things now stand
So, why can a school not take a 2 year option and get a commitment of 2 years attendance for 2 years of tuition, room, board, medical, etc? Maybe only for first scholly agreement between the parties. More than one kind of legal agreement besides legal employment contracts exist. Heck, are non competes no longer legal?

So, why can a school not take a 2 year option and get a commitment of 2 years attendance for 2 years of tuition, room, board, medical, etc? Maybe only for first scholly agreement between the parties. More than one kind of legal agreement besides legal employment contracts exist. Heck, are non competes no longer legal?

state law and NCAA rules say the school can't incentivize players to play for them... until those change... like Virginia just passed a law saying that Virginia schools can provide NIL deals for players and dared the NCAA to try and penalize schools for doing so. Which NCAA rules say schools must abide by their state laws...

that is how things stand in regards to your hypothetical.

VN Store

Back