NCAA Will Hammer VOLS

What was Tee watching on Netflix? Bet he is Chef watcher, good show on food trucks and food innovators. Maybe getting caught up on Ozarks with season 4 coming out. He's 42 so Cobra Kai is in play for the nostalgic factor.

Jokes aside, some it does seem plausible with the Fulmer and Tee element that shouldn't go unnoticed.

From Dorsey - long - that he sent me from someone he knows!

From the DawgVent, guy says his buddy is a big Tenn booster who gave this info. Nothing earth-shattering or completely new, but a plausible summary.

Background Anecdote
A Vol beat writer (I’m leaving his name out) became a friend of Pruitt’s, who apparently had very few in Knoxville. A year or so back, he went to a golf tournament in Georgia with Pruitt and on the way back, Pruitt stopped at a bank to make a huge withdrawal. They and dropped it off with a contact to make direct payments throughout Georgia. Pruitt was paying these kids out of his own pocket in many instances. Beat writer obviously didn’t care too much, but was at pretty shocked at how brazen the Vols were being about. This story was told to my buddy by the writer.

Pay-for-Play

Niedermeyer and Pruitt were the ones paying players directly. Niedermeyer got sloppy and gave Brian Maurer his credit card to take recruits to a strip club. Brian got drunk and left the card there, so receipts were sent to Athletics to ensure they got paid.

News of the pay for play issues came out during TA&M week. To-oto-o and Eric Gray were told to to sit by compliance, but Pruitt said to hell with it, didn’t care about the compliance staff, and let them play. Pruitt laughed off compliance on multiple occasions apparently.

The reason the investigation happened is that Trey Smith's (OL) sister Ashley Smith, who is an Asst. AD for UT, heard a discussion between players and Niedermeyer about cash and informed a compliance officer. That officer had been getting **** on by Pruitt for not sitting players and heading warnings, so the officer went directly to Chancellor Donde instead of Pruitt or Fulmer, because Fulmer was also complicit. Donde proactively brought in the outside firm to try to mitigate the damage.

Fulmer was the confidential informant on Bama in 1995 which lead to their probation. This is why Bama has such intense disdain for Fulmer over everybody else. It's also this knowledge that lead UT to let him retire so they could pay his $1MM to keep his mouth shut.

UT has been trying to get Pruitt for cause since early in the season. They were trying to get him for not following COVID protocols, but couldn’t get anything to stick. Tee Martin leaked the investigation to the press because he hates Pruitt…context, Tee Martin was forced on Pruitt by Fulmer. Martin doesn’t actually coach, he just recruits and hangs out with players. He didn’t even show up to his first coaching meeting, and was found in his office asleep with Netflix on in the background. LOL. Pruitt hates him, and Tee hates Pruitt. Tee saw a chance to stick it to Pruitt in the public eye and did.

There have now been 50+ known major violations verified and rising.

Vols gonna get hammered
So I guess Albert Haynesworth is going to issue an apology to all of us for throwing "race" into the equation why Tee wasn't interviewed for the HC job. I'm not saying Tee doesn't, or didn't, have some legitimate issues/gripes about what was going on, but if he wasn't actually coaching (which supposedly he was brought here for) then he was just getting paid to recruit. That sure smells a lot like it's got Fulmer written all over it. Not what you know, but who you know. Based upon the above info I can see where that could be an accurate scenario--forced on Pruitt, then Pruitt wouldn't let Tee coach. Who knows for sure? Hate to see Tee get s__t on. Not right at all. Don't forget Fulmer did the search when he selected Pruitt & he could have interviewed Tee & selected him then. Would he be the right choice? Again, we don't know do we?

You don't think we are gonna get hammered? Get your head out of the sand son.
Well, the university is trying to mitigate the damage by firing Pruitt, 2 others, & making Fulmer quit before they fired him too. So taking that into consideration, they should cut us some slack but not completely off the hook.

Reactions: hog88
Well, the university is trying to mitigate the damage by firing Pruitt, 2 others, & making Fulmer quit before they fired him too. So taking that into consideration, they should cut us some slack but not completely off the hook.

I think they fired Fulmer too. Call it a "retirement" or whatever you want, but the fact that they are paying his buyout exactly per the terms of the contract strongly suggests termination to me.

From the DawgVent, guy says his buddy is a big Tenn booster who gave this info. Nothing earth-shattering or completely new, but a plausible summary.

Background Anecdote
A Vol beat writer (I’m leaving his name out) became a friend of Pruitt’s, who apparently had very few in Knoxville. A year or so back, he went to a golf tournament in Georgia with Pruitt and on the way back, Pruitt stopped at a bank to make a huge withdrawal. They and dropped it off with a contact to make direct payments throughout Georgia. Pruitt was paying these kids out of his own pocket in many instances. Beat writer obviously didn’t care too much, but was at pretty shocked at how brazen the Vols were being about. This story was told to my buddy by the writer.

Pay-for-Play

Niedermeyer and Pruitt were the ones paying players directly. Niedermeyer got sloppy and gave Brian Maurer his credit card to take recruits to a strip club. Brian got drunk and left the card there, so receipts were sent to Athletics to ensure they got paid.

News of the pay for play issues came out during TA&M week. To-oto-o and Eric Gray were told to to sit by compliance, but Pruitt said to hell with it, didn’t care about the compliance staff, and let them play. Pruitt laughed off compliance on multiple occasions apparently.

The reason the investigation happened is that Trey Smith's (OL) sister Ashley Smith, who is an Asst. AD for UT, heard a discussion between players and Niedermeyer about cash and informed a compliance officer. That officer had been getting **** on by Pruitt for not sitting players and heading warnings, so the officer went directly to Chancellor Donde instead of Pruitt or Fulmer, because Fulmer was also complicit. Donde proactively brought in the outside firm to try to mitigate the damage.

Fulmer was the confidential informant on Bama in 1995 which lead to their probation. This is why Bama has such intense disdain for Fulmer over everybody else. It's also this knowledge that lead UT to let him retire so they could pay his $1MM to keep his mouth shut.

UT has been trying to get Pruitt for cause since early in the season. They were trying to get him for not following COVID protocols, but couldn’t get anything to stick. Tee Martin leaked the investigation to the press because he hates Pruitt…context, Tee Martin was forced on Pruitt by Fulmer. Martin doesn’t actually coach, he just recruits and hangs out with players. He didn’t even show up to his first coaching meeting, and was found in his office asleep with Netflix on in the background. LOL. Pruitt hates him, and Tee hates Pruitt. Tee saw a chance to stick it to Pruitt in the public eye and did.

Vols gonna get hammered

I really don't think the Vols get hsmmered. Especially with the NCAA saying they will start holding Coach's and Player's more responsible than in the past. If the NCAA sticks by their word, it's gonna be a long time before we see Pruitt, Nieds and Felton coaching college football. Those players who accepted money may not play for a while if they stick to what they are preaching. If the NCAA does stick by that, our sanctions could be minimal. We will see.

Reactions: MaTaLa
jeremy will land an analyst job on nick's staff for a couple of hundred thousand in walking around money. He has millions banked from UT plus several huge mansions.

I can guarantee you he won't be on Saban's staff in any shape or form.

I believe this type of stuff to be true, even if this particular story isn't true. I also believe Pruitt and Bama were out to get back at UT for all of the drama from the 90s and what better way to do it than earn millions of dollars to sabotage UT and ensure that they stay down and suck, literally getting paid millions to do it. People call this a conspriacy theory. It's Bama we're talking about. They will literally do anything and everything to stay on top. Anything. Including, but not limited to, completely ruining other programs.

I guarantee you Pruitt didn't sabotage his career to get back at Fulmer for stuff that happened 25 yrs ago. Alabama is on top of the world, yhey could care less about TN nor do they worry about us.

Reactions: MrWiz
They won’t. They’re a bunch of blood suckers.
Ole Miss fired Freeze and several others as well. Then hired Luke, who the NCAA wanted to coach OM because he was such a dumbass.

It is what it is . So no bowl game .. so what .. go play the season have fun .. try to ruin somebody's season... treat the guys to a trip ... fun trip after the year is over ..

Background Anecdote

Pay-for-Play

Vols gonna get hammered
That sounds like it could be true.

Why in God’s name would we take a recruit to a Knoxville strip club??
I was in Bambi's (now the Ball) one Friday night, many moons ago. UT basketball had a noon game on Saturday. As I was leaving, the whole team came in and went to the back of the building. It was way past 1 a.m. when I left. Vols got drilled the next day. Jerry Green was our coach at the time. He didn't get no respect. No respect at all.

VN Store

Back