Need to "Michigan-Proof" CBJ (Butch Jones and Michigan merged)

Poll: Does UT retain Butch?

• Total voters
I was a consultant for a number of years and we made plans for every contingency we could think of. You don't take care of these things by sticking your head in the sand. You address them; you address them early; and you move on to the next item.

Reactions: 2 people
Why would Harbaugh leave the 49ers for any NCAA coaching job?

It's very well known and publicized that Harbaugh has been feuding with 49ers brass for the last 2 years. He was supposedly strongly considering the open Kansas HC position in the past couple years (his wife is from Kansas City).

I was a consultant for a number of years and we made plans for every contingency we could think of. You don't take care of these things by sticking your head in the sand. You address them; you address them early; and you move on to the next item.

Yes...this is correct..."consultants" think of EVERY possible or impossible circumstance. So they can increase their time frames/contracts...and provide "solutions" that they can bill for...on things that will NEVER HAPPEN.

You are correct.

Reactions: 5 people
Why would Harbaugh leave the 49ers for any NCAA coaching job?

Coaches flip jobs all the time. Going from NCAA to NFL. Going from NFL to NCAA. Back and forth.

Carroll leaves Jets or New England for USC.

Spurrier leaves "Deadskins" for USC East.

June Jones leaves Atlanta and ends up at U of Hawaii.

Petrino leaves the Falcons and ends up at Arkansas.

Saban leaves Miami and ends up at Alabama.

Reactions: 1 person
Harrbaugh and the GM hate each other and wont even talk on the phone to each other unless absolutely necessary. Harbaugh has also had issues with many of his players so don't expect him to hang around SF for long!

Not the type of personality you need to be successful in college

If Michigan knows this, they will stay clear of Harbaugh

I would imagine names brought up for the Michigan job would be

Sumlin
Miles
Harbaugh( Michigans Gruden)
Jones
Petrino
Saban
Fisher

Now deduce which ones they have an actual shot at and you can see where there is always that chance Jones jumps

Harbaugh is a pain in the rear. If he wasn't so successful he'd have been gone by now. Still if he doesn't win the big one he might be in trouble. He's wearing out his welcome.

If he wears out his welcome in SF another pro team would be calling the next day.

I see Harbaugh going home to Ann Arbor. He hasn't won a Super Bowl. He isn't getting his extension. He doesn't like 49ers GM Baulke. What he did at Stanford is amazing and still being carried on by David Shaw. I believe he could name his price and they would pay him.

Coaches flip jobs all the time. Going from NCAA to NFL. Going from NFL to NCAA. Back and forth.

Carroll leaves Jets or New England for USC.

Spurrier leaves "Deadskins" for USC East.

June Jones leaves Atlanta and ends up at U of Hawaii.

Petrino leaves the Falcons and ends up at Arkansas.

Saban leaves Miami and ends up at Alabama.

Which one of those came close to having the success in the NFL as Harbaugh has?

Reactions: 2 people
I see Harbaugh going home to Ann Arbor. He hasn't won a Super Bowl. He isn't getting his extension. He doesn't like 49ers GM Baulke. What he did at Stanford is amazing and still being carried on by David Shaw. I believe he could name his price and they would pay him.

If he is as big of a butt as they say he is, its hard to see how he was successful at Stanford

Reactions: 1 person
We're heading in the right direction and Michigan is not. There's a good shot Brady might be gone after this season (2 years left on his contract - very similar to CBJ: $3m/yr for 6 years). UM is the winningest program in college football and I could see them going after their "favorite son" in Butch. I actually don't think Butch will do well enough this year to attract their attention but, if they're wise about building for the future, they might float a few inquiries his way.

I hope Hart is on top of this. If CBJ were to get the Vols to 8 wins this season, I'm sure the Wolverines would come calling. :thud:

Michigan will go after Miles and Harbaugh
No way Butch is on their list

Better start tracking this plane...

wingedhelmetplane.jpg

Have you seen Haslam's plane out at TAC Air with that ugly Cleveland Brown's helmet on the tail?

Harbaugh almost left San Fran this off season. Lots of speculation that he wants out. For the guy who said he wouldn't work in college because of his personality, do you remember Stanford...

If I am Michigan, I have to ask myself how is hiring Butch any different than hiring Brady Hoke? Neither have coached a major conference team to a New Year's day bowl. What have either of them proven?

Harbaugh almost left San Fran this off season. Lots of speculation that he wants out. For the guy who said he wouldn't work in college because of his personality, do you remember Stanford...

Yea, I said that and its hard to believe if he has such an issue with his current players

Maybe just NFL ego's though

This all day. Butch comes from the Rich Rod coaching tree.

Ya'll do realize that "coaching tree" BS doesn't always work?

Dooley - Saban tree
Muschamp - Saban tree
Kiffin - Carroll tree
Bobby Williams - Saban tree

Reactions: 4 people
Ya'll do realize that "coaching tree" BS doesn't always work?

Dooley - Saban tree
Muschamp - Saban tree
Kiffin - Carroll tree
Bobby Williams - Saban tree

It's perception for the boosters in this case. They hated Rich Rod, so they'll be less likely to hire a guy who learned under Rich Rod and runs a similar system.

VN Store

Back