New running back?

Nice to see a true North/South runner. Don't think he likes being tackled

Call me weird, but when I look at an offensive recruits tape I watch it a few times and the first couple I pay attention mostly to the other team. here is what I noticed.

1. The kid has some natural talent and instincts and may very well, eventually, contribute.
2. Other than the team in marron most of those teams gave up on almost all those plays.
3. Slow competition
4 Very upright running style for a guy his size. But again, awesome instincts.
5. A good receiver
6. outside of the team in maroon the scrimmage at the end was his best competition.

I hope it's obvious to most of my fellow VNers that a great number of top collegiate footballers played in small high schools. I watched Joe Young's video a half-dozen times and noticed he's NOT afraid of being tackled. Look again, particularly at frames 7, 9, 12 13, 16, 20 (flat ran over the safety and kept on moving), 22, 24, 25, 27 and 47 where he angled VERY well for leverage and additional yardage. On the rest of those frames he was moving away from would-be tacklers, so his running upright was for sheer speed. I don't know his 40 times, but he certainly looked fast and his instinctiveness for juking away from committed tacklers and knack for running north/south show he's a natural RB and most likely takes well to coaching. Great addition to a team in need of RB depth. His limits? We'll find out soon enough.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Call me weird, but when I look at an offensive recruits tape I watch it a few times and the first couple I pay attention mostly to the other team. here is what I noticed.

1. The kid has some natural talent and instincts and may very well, eventually, contribute.
2. Other than the team in marron most of those teams gave up on almost all those plays.
3. Slow competition
4 Very upright running style for a guy his size. But again, awesome instincts.
5. A good receiver
6. outside of the team in maroon the scrimmage at the end was his best competition.

his town has like 2,000 people. That probably attributes to his competition. He cant help that. Theres also a reason some ACC and Big 12 teams tried to sign him late and thats bc of the natural talent/instincts you bring up. Also has a good frame to work with at 6'0 192lbs. Runs track and can really run as well.

Reactions: 2 people
his town has like 2,000 people. That probably attributes to his competition. He cant help that. Theres also a reason some ACC and Big 12 teams tried to sign him late and thats bc of the natural talent/instincts you bring up. Also has a good frame to work with at 6'0 192lbs. Runs track and can really run as well.

Add 25 lbs of muscle and he could be an OLB?

Is Treyvon Paulk still in the mix? If so, we would be set with him, Young and Kelly for depth.

I think if Von incident didn't happen, then Paulk would have been given another chance.

Now we don't want another negative publicity event, so the risk isn't worth the reward.

Gool 'ol Smithville. Home of the Midnight Express.

Also known, back in the '70s, for high crimes and misdemeanors. Home of the infamous Dinner Bar gang. Or is it Site of the infamous Dinner Bar heist?

The facts have gotten fuzzy, but you know how these legends grow to mythical proportions.

VN Store

Back