New Vandy coaches

It's now being reported that Joy Cheek, assistant coach at Ohio St, is joining the Vandy staff. They have put together quite a collection of coaches. It will be interesting to see how they do.

Quite a collection of coaching talent Vandy has assembled.... Joy Cheek will add a lot... very level headed and a good basketball mind.... as a coach from what I have seen and back to her undergrad days.

I just saw this, Vandy became a whole lot better. Carolyn Peck is at her Alma Mater and to my understanding didn't want to be the head coach but rather wanted to be the recruiting coordinator/assistant head coach. This will change local recruiting in a big way. Her pedigree and knowledge of the women's game as well as Vandy's academic rigor will make them one of the top programs in the SEC. Coach Reeves has a lot of competition in Tennessee now and Holly certainly has to improve as a coach. 2017 recruiting class just became even more important.

It's funny when people keep predicting things that may not work. Because world best Coach got a job wt Vandy everyone is scared why? I have no idea. Is not like lady vols fall and can not get up but they still have their great name unless Holly allow it to sleep away. In the hiring aspect, everyone supported of Holly, but I think it was a mistake especially her age getting a head coach is not good. Overall, I believe God that lady vols will never fall.

I believe that Vandy will become relevant in a year, however, regardless, we still have to deal with Holly making us into a relevant top ten national team. Coaching strategy has to change and recruiting has to at least top 10. We really cannot worry about Vandy because they will have a very good coaching staff that will put a competitive team on the floor. I am all in with the Lady Vols up stepping their game and not only become an SEC power but a national power with bonafide final four potential.

The new Vandy coaching staff will, in the long run, be no more successful than Balcomb. You can count on that.

Vandy will never ever come close to the Lady Vols basketball program.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back