Next yr starting 5

Walker's stat line against Belmont -- 33 minutes, 13 pts., 7 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 TO...... She keptthe ship steady; she deserves props not digs...

[QUOTE You better check your source on those stats[/QUOTE}

Source is the official box score, but the stats mad posted are actual Walker vs Buffalo. Against Belmont she again played 33 mins, had 6 pts, 7 reb, 8 assist, 1 block and 1 steal and 1 turnover. Again per the box score.

In the two game set, she had 19 pts, 14 rebounds, 12 assists, 2 steals, 1 block and 2 turnovers.

If that's weak, I'll eat my hat.

Walker could be a better outside shooter for sure but she has become very steady especially for someone playing out of position. Whether she starts or not next year, she is very much a glue player and a leader. Harper loves her. She will have a prominent role.

Source is the official box score, but the stats mad posted are actual Walker vs Buffalo. Against Belmont she again played 33 mins, had 6 pts, 7 reb, 8 assist, 1 block and 1 steal and 1 turnover. Again per the box score.

In the two game set, she had 19 pts, 14 rebounds, 12 assists, 2 steals, 1 block and 2 turnovers.

Walker could be a better outside shooter for sure but she has become very steady especially for someone playing out of position. Whether she starts or not next year, she is very much a glue player and a leader. Harper loves her. She will have a prominent role.

That is right, I clicked on Buffalo by mistake. But her Belmont stat line was still solid, particularly the one TO, given the swarming d Belmont was playing. And 8 assist is probably close to her season high.

Well said. One other thing....turnovers are sometimes the failure of someone else to do what they are supposed to do. Several of Jordans turnovers were caused by people standing and watching her instead of moving to get open.

Don't want to be negative, but the fact is, Jordan Walker is more of a liability at point guard. She makes a good play every now and then, but the careless passes and turnovers are killers.

I do not believe she will see much time the other people we have coming in. I want to see us push the ball up the court much faster and not allow defenses to set up.

I am very excited about next year. We will have a bunch of players who will hustle for 40 minutes. Too many of our games this year were close simply because we did not hustle and fight for the ball for 40 minutes; only 12 to 15, maybe. We won the game against Belmont with the big shot by Sara Puckett, but they embarrassed us with their hustle. That should never happen. Having bad shooting nights will happen, but we SHOULD NEVER BE OUTHUSTLED. That is something we can absolutely control.

i don't don't think we were outhustled. It may have looked that way because Belmont was a quicker and faster team, but we were hustling for the 50/50 balls, just not getting our fair share due to lack of quickness and footspeed.

i don't don't think we were outhustled. It may have looked that way because Belmont was a quicker and faster team, but we were hustling for the 50/50 balls, just not getting our fair share due to lack of quickness and footspeed.
Agree. Alot of those balls were those crazy caroms that go off the rim on a missed 3 pt shot. They're longer rebounds that just end up where they end up, and Belmont happened to get several of those. I don't think we got outhustled at all. This is in no way a lazy team!

Starters/Bench
PG-Powell/Miles/Eddy
SG-Walker/Wynn/Rennie
SF-Hortson/Tess/Pissott
PF-Jackson/Puckett/Marta
C-Key/Striplin/Sanders

Kellie will not rush Pissott and with the team we will have, hopefully we will have a lot of leads and get to get a lot of time for our reserves during non-conference play.

This lineup is my take if no one leaves and I still think we could add at least one more 5 player

Puckett will see time at the five before Saunders will. It's good that Marta will not have to play a lot of minutes and put more risk on another foot injury. And that depth at the 4 looks great. Tess does not have the ablility to drive to the rim, and if Pissott develops that + defense, she may pass Tess on the chart during the year. So important that Wynn starts to develop a credible outside shot to go with her driving skills. That's something that Walker can do both.

The only real weaknesses I see in our roster for next year is lack of certain 3-point shooters (hope for ifmprovement in the offseason) and backup at the five (ditto on improvement in the offseason for some players, or an add to the roster through the portal)

I think your lineup is the best of the bunch so far. It will be a rebounding nightmare for opponents.

👍👍👍

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I think the best thing about next year's (potential) lineup is that Coach Harper will have enough options (if our girls learn how to play efficiently together in all the various combinations) that she can "force" the opposing coaches to alter their planned substitution pattern. We will be able to determine the opposition's lineup. That's huge.

And when an opposing player sits the first half with two fouls, we could really force them into our advantage-of-choice.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
On the football side they are talking about some QB that just commitEd here and is allegedly getting an 8 million dollar NIL deal through SPRYE. SPRYE has stated they would be making NIL deals with female players also. Just wondering if any of you insiders know if the Lady Vols or if R. Jackson has signed deals with SPRYE.

Well an admin on FB Group said there would be transfers from sources but who knows 🤷🏽‍♂️..

Well making that assumption doesn’t take much effort at all. Doesn’t mean it holds any weight. That’s the times we’re in now. Folks always claiming to have insider info to seem part of the inner circle.
It wouldn’t come as a surprise to the people who play for and run the LV program. I’ll venture to bet that any departures would be agreed to mutually. That’s part of life if it does or doesn’t happen..

I’m almost 90% certain who the player(s) might be that people are referring to as possible transfers. I won’t name any player who is likely being rumored to be a possibly transfer. And it’s actually more common sense then any inside info.
Think about it this way, next year there won’t be any inexperienced players on this roster competing for minutes in the rotation with the exception of freshman All-American incoming 5⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐️ ‘cruit Justine Pissott. That means with a fully healthy roster any good coach will and has to play the best players. This year, if Rae Burrell, Keyen Green, and Jordan Horston had remained healthy then two really good young players wouldn’t have played many minutes.
Pissott will likely earn some minutes in the rotation early on at the 2,3, or 4 spot. There’s a reason all-star/WNBA pro Breanna Strewart
follows her closely. Pissott is going to be a household name in WBB.
The 4 freshmen of the 2021 Class are prime to develop and contribute a great deal next year. All 4 will likely increase their minutes on the floor. And to be honest, they are the kind of players that will likely accept playing a role off the bench in the case of Miles, Striplin, and even Puckett. People are putting her in the lineup as a starter but based on her play this year and being a good unselfish teammate I can see her being open to coming on the bench as a sophomore. Puckett and Miles both thrived this season doing so and next season will build on their development as quality SEC players. Next you factor in Rickea and Jasmine who will both likely start for this team. Powell may also come off the bench and play the same role Burrell did while coming off injury which was about 20 + minutes a game while she transitions to joining a new team. Horston and Key will start. Jordan Walker will start or be the 1st / 2nd option off the bench. None of those players are leaving Tennessee unless something happens outside of basketball.

Last edited:
I’m at work so excuse the typos on my post above! I just edited it. Take another look. For me it puts to rest any assumption there is to worry about transfers from this LV team from a basketball standpoint.
This group is as close as I’ve any seen on and off the court in sometime. They are unselfish and have one goal in mind, “ winning a national championship”!

On the football side they are talking about some QB that just commitEd here and is allegedly getting an 8 million dollar NIL deal through SPRYE. SPRYE has stated they would be making NIL deals with female players also. Just wondering if any of you insiders know if the Lady Vols or if R. Jackson has signed deals with SPRYE.

Some enterprising entrepreneur could market internationally by creating an ad featuring Uros, Jessie, Olivier, Marta, and Santiago.

She can drive to the rim, something we really need. If she could develop a crdible outside shot she could really be a huge addition to the regular rotation. Her defense is very good, and her speed and quickness are terrific. I like her future.

Kaiya really needs a 10-12’ jumper. She can get by anyone with her first step and she gets ton of open space in that range. She doesn’t shoot well though so has to go all the way to the rim and she can’t finish against the bigger players in the SEC like she could in HS.

Work on that rise and fire jumper this summer and she’ll be unstoppable.

VN Store

Back