Neyland Expansion Plans revealed

What's with the orange fence along the south EZ? So the carve into the stadium and replace it with a fence and that's supposed to be safer? I see many a cartwheel by WRs.

I was thinking the same thing. The wall needs to be moved back because it's dangerous. Let's replace it with a slightly padded hurdle even closer to the field. And put some drunk fans or kids down there. What could go wrong?

Reactions: 3 people
Looks good wish they could win ball games on a regular basis.

They won like 11 straight and went 5-0 to start the season. You don't wish they could win on a "regular basis". Because they already do. Did. You wish they were undefeated. Which is an incredibly difficult thing to do. And is no longer on the table. So how about you take a step back and appreciate our team for what it is (5-2).

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 people
I don't like all the club level catering. Hopefully they can continue to sell those out. I sold my tickets this year, and doubt I'm going back. Has little to do with performance; all to do with comfort. My 65" HD tv, oversized recliner with cupholder is hard to beat! Bathrooms, fridge all close.

Looks good wish they could win ball games on a regular basis.

lol this after we just won like 10 in a row, we lose back to back games to top 10 teams and you already crying we aren't winning enough. what a joke man.

Reactions: 2 people
It looks like by 2019, Neyland will be the 4th largest stadium in the SEC, possibly 8th in CFB (outside of the Top 10 within 5 years). The capacity of the stadium has long been a part of UT and Knoxville's identity...an identity which continues to dwindle.

Reactions: 6 people
It looks like by 2019, Neyland will be the 4th largest stadium in the SEC, possibly 8th in CFB (outside of the Top 10 within 5 years). The capacity of the stadium has long been a part of UT and Knoxville's identity...an identity which continues to dwindle.

I don't understand why we keep going backwards and everyone else is adding capacity. This is all to please big donors I guess.

Reactions: 4 people
Damn. This will probably price me out of my MM Season Tickets.

I was told once you purchase season tickets, you're locked in to that same price. I've kept an email telling me that when I purchased mine this year. Maybe the donation amount goes up?? Not sure!

Damn. This will probably price me out of my MM Season Tickets.

I was told once you purchase season tickets, you're locked in to that same price. I've kept an email telling me that when I purchased mine this year. Maybe the donation amount goes up?? Not sure!

Donation is locked in. Ticket prices can change.

Just covering the rest of the rusty façade with brick will improve the aesthetics of Neyland tenfold. The plans look decent and will help bring the ~100 year old stadium into the 21st century.

Looks like some good additions but it will really change what Neyland looks like inside & out. Wish the Jumbotron was in the 1st phase for those in the South EZ. Hate to see capacity go down but I don't know where they can add seats, except if they are taking the chair backs out of the upper portion of XX YY and ZZ & putting benches in....Looks like there will be SRO tkts sold like at Jerrys World...I like they're changing the visitors entrance, that way those douches can't run across the field while we're running thru the T!

Reactions: 1 person

I don't understand why we keep going backwards and everyone else is adding capacity. This is all to please big donors I guess.

As someone who has traveled to a lot of away games - I applaud UT's efforts to keep Neyland as a premier venue in college football.

Texas A&M's stadium was incredible. We can keep the current size and be surpassed by other programs, or we can drop 2,000 seats and have a stadium that offers incredible game day experiences.

On page 26 if the concept summary, the list of upgrades to the box seating at the top of the lower level includes "defined standing room only space." Can someone read that and give another opinion? Looks like maybe standing room only tickets might be sold for a sell-out? Also, maybe they will convert the chair backs in the upper north to help with capacity? Only way I can imagine keeping it over 100,000.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools...sc_non_event/Neyland-Stadium-Concept-2016.pdf

just noticed that they are removing the cover over the upper deck on North side.

that will piss off some donors.

It's kind of the direction that all stadiums, even in the NFL are going. It's more of a case that people are more likely to stay at home and watch the game on their HDTVs and in their couches as oppose to going to the games.

It hasn't hit college football as much as it's hit the NFL but that's the mindset of reducing of the stadium size. That if less people are willing to got to the games, make it a nicer experience and a higher price.

It's been a worthless identity to cling to since about 15 years ago when having 90,000+ seats became common.

As someone who has traveled to a lot of away games - I applaud UT's efforts to keep Neyland as a premier venue in college football.

Texas A&M's stadium was incredible. We can keep the current size and be surpassed by other programs, or we can drop 2,000 seats and have a stadium that offers incredible game day experiences.
I don't think people that don't go to other stadiums realize just how far behind Neyland had fallen before the last renovation. We spent years adding capacity just because and it showed.

The most incredible game experiences I've ever witnessed, home or away, were late 90s Neyland Stadium.

I will say, when I go to games, I go to watch the games. I rarely visit concessions. I don't care about wide concourses, the menu, uniform colors, shoe colors, chairbacks, standing, sitting, etc. And that's because I have a penis.

Reactions: 5 people
If you add capacity, we make our butts sit in 16 or 15" seats. I can't get any smaller. Will take major surgery that insurance won't cover! Where we gonna park? Parking is already a pain. Now, a good question- any comments on how the field is holding up? Been looking pretty good so far. I've not seen problems like we've had the last 2 yrs. Did our turf mgr bring in somebody that knows what he's doing? Then let's bring in a Voo Doo Dr. to help our injuries. What do we have to lose, except more players. And, I do not want to lose to muschamp, who even the gators fired. I hate the gators!

I didn't mention that I love the new renovations. Don't know if I can afford the tix anymore, but won't let that minor problem stop me.

Looks like some good additions but it will really change what Neyland looks like inside & out. Wish the Jumbotron was in the 1st phase for those in the South EZ. Hate to see capacity go down but I don't know where they can add seats, except if they are taking the chair backs out of the upper portion of XX YY and ZZ & putting benches in....Looks like there will be SRO tkts sold like at Jerrys World...I like they're changing the visitors entrance, that way those douches can't run across the field while we're running thru the T!

No I specifically selected my seats there for the chair backs. They would have to lower the donation and ticket price in that area if they did that.

VN Store

Back