Nick Saban Blatantly Admits to Tampering on National TV

VolPack22

Jessica Alba wears my Daddy hat
Hopefully Alabama will get some recruiting violations for Saban’s admission on national television. He blatantly said they tried to get Mitchell into the portal but he never wanted to. Even if not successful, that’s the definition of tampering. This is after he publicly said “we don’t tamper with anybody” just a couple years ago.

nothing will ever happen. at worst they will admit Alabama did wrong, but won't recommend anything because those involved are gone.

and then they will probably announce another investigation in UT because we broke some rule 2 years before it existed.

Hopefully Alabama will get some recruiting violations for Saban’s admission on national television. He blatantly said they tried to get Mitchell into the portal but he never wanted to. Even if not successful, that’s the definition of tampering. This is after he publicly said “we don’t tamper with anybody” just a couple years ago.

Let him blab long enough and he’ll transform into Barry Switzer. Hated Barry when he was coaching but nowadays he’s a must listen. Proudly talks about paying players back in the day.

Saban is untouchable.

Dude has broken so many rules during his time here.

Waste of time.
Nobody’s going after HIM. His (former) program is fair game, tho. NCAA got neutered by Donde and Co, but this is a blatant consolation prize…served up on a platter. Pious “doing it right” pleas to Congress going to find some deaf ears imo.

Nobody’s going after HIM. His (former) program is fair game, tho. NCAA got neutered by Donde and Co, but this is a blatant consolation prize…served up on a platter. Pious “doing it right” pleas to Congress going to find some deaf ears imo.
Agreed, you have video evidence of him openly admitting to it. The crazy thing is nobody prompted him to say it lol. It’s a pretty easy case if they chose to pursue it.

Agreed, you have video evidence of him openly admitting to it. The crazy thing is nobody prompted him to say it lol. It’s a pretty easy case if they chose to pursue it.
Old coaches are like Mafiosi in the Witness Protection Program. Ask them directly what rules they’ve ever skirted? None…totally clean. Get them talking for a book (like Henry Hill with Wiseguy) or on a draft telecast pumping for relatable player stories…

Reactions: VolPack22
They will never pursue it. As I have said many times on this forum, Alabama plays by a different set of rules than all of the other members of the SEC. This is just further evidence.

Nah, F*** 'em. They're getting ready to get their a$$ handed to them on the playing field.

Everyone tampers, even us.

So what? Tons of teams did it. He just admitted it.
Yeah but tons of teams aren't admitting to it while sitting in front of a camera with millions of people watching. If you tamper in the NFL you get a hefty fine and docked draft picks. If you are Alabama you get applauded. Alabama should be forced to pay a fine to Toledo and docked scholarships. That would be the equivalent to the NFL rule. Guarantee you if there was an huge fine and a significant scholarship reduction and decreased recruiting visits for tampering then you would see less shady stuff regarding tampering. The problem is the penalties aren’t severe enough to deter the behavior. People in charge should be laying down the law and making an example out Alabama but they are too busy trying to keep kids from making money.

Let him blab long enough and he’ll transform into Barry Switzer. Hated Barry when he was coaching but nowadays he’s a must listen. Proudly talks about paying players back in the day.
My son is friends w Barry’s grandson in Spring Hill. I was friends with the kid’s father. He played LB at Arkansas and shared some stories about his dad ( Barry) @ Oklahoma and Dallas.

Barry is still a diehard Sooner fan and attended the 2015 Oklahoma vs TN game @ Neyland.

My son is friends w Barry’s grandson in Spring Hill. I was friends with the kid’s father. He played LB at Arkansas and shared some stories about his dad ( Barry) @ Oklahoma and Dallas.

Barry is still a diehard Sooner fan and attended the 2015 Oklahoma vs TN game @ Neyland.
I live in the DFW area and he’s always around here or back in Norman. In case I misrepresented myself, I thoroughly enjoy his stories and him in general. Gotta live long enough to appreciate what you couldn’t stand when you were young. Same outlook with Larry Bird.

Reactions: VolPack22 and vol94
This the same Nick Saban that bragged at the Texas High School Football Coaches convention about the NIL money pouring in for Bryce Young only to later denounce NIL and blame it for one of the reasons he retired?

Saban’s a great coach but FOS if Something doesn’t benefit him or his program.

What this shows, above all, is that Mitchell did not need Saban's self-proclaimed and endlessly hyped "development" to go in the first round.

Yet had Mitchell transferred, Saban would be taking the credit, claiming it was his and Alabama's "development" that got him to the league.

Saban monopolized talent at Bama by means of having complete immunity to NCAA rules, and buying every Bama class, beginning with his first. Cheating with impunity (i.e., with the NCAA's deliberate blind eye) "made" Saban. He can't tolerate his rivals being able to pay like he has always done. A level playing field is an absolute affront to him. So he quit.

When Saban says he wants to "save football," what he means is that he wants to "save the dirty, corrupt extreme advantage of belonging to a small club of programs that cheat endlessly with no NCAA implications."

Last edited:
Even if Saban chose not to cheat it’s impossible to keep the boosters there in check. Someone is going to grease someone’s palm to get an advantage; it’s the Bama way.
According to NCAA rules, those are violations.

Moreover, according to those same rules (which the NCAA has crookedly refused to enforce with respect to Saban and Bama), what you describe is a textbook case of "lack of institutional control."

I'm always intrigued by the excuses and perhaps accidental exculpations people make for Saban, the greatest cheater in the history of the game. The excuses always amount to more and more serious infractions that the NCAA has crookedly covered up.

VN Store

Back