Nico's status for tomorrow

He has a hurt wrist. He is having a difficult time gripping the football. His throws are not a tight spiral but he is able to play if needed.
It’s his non-throwing wrist. The only concern they have is handling the shotgun snap if it comes in at the wrong angle. Has nothing to do with the ball he throws.

He is fully available with no restrictions. If Tennessee had taken care of business the way they were expected to last week, he likely would have played the entire second half, despite this very minor injury.

Just checked and Nico hasn't been on Patrick Brown's injury report either week. For reference, McCoy and White were listed as probable against AP.

Reactions: butchna
I'll start by saying, don't roast me. I don't want to see Nico until it's mop up time.

BUT........

Wouldn't it be sweet revenge to see our backup QB have a "coming out, Heisman potential kind of performance" off the bench against Florida? That has happened to them against us a number of times. If he absolutely has to play, I would love to see the reaction on to that by the Gator faithful when they wish the first string QB was back in the game. Good payback.

Reactions: Malivol
The whole “Nico hurt his wrist” thing is insane. He was in pregame for UVA and AP throwing bombs both times. The dude is fine. I get we Vols fans have dealt with some crap over the years and we’re pessimistic about this offense, but guys, it’s not a time for doom and gloom! We just got off an 11-2 season and have a great chance of giving it to Florida tomorrow. Let’s just embrace finally being relevant and stop spreading the evil mojo!

Quoting the WBIR “report” not confirmed by anyone legit covering the program. Nothing from VQ or Patrick Brown. This might as well have been A To Z or Richard West.
Just saying, it’s not just some rumor. His wrist got dinged up. Not sure if it is a carryover from camp or the hit he took in the opener.

Just saying, it’s not just some rumor. His wrist got dinged up. Not sure if it is a carryover from camp or the hit he took in the opener.
Just saying, no one legitimately covering the program has acknowledged such an injury. Til then, that’s textbook RUMOR.

Reactions: mackievol

VN Store

Back