Niedermeyer receives $150k raise, contract extension

View attachment 213025

Tennessee has rewarded promising young tight ends coach Brian Niedermeyer for his impressive work on the recruiting trail in the 2019 class. The 247Sports National Recruiter of the Year has had his annual salary bumped by $150,000 and now will make $350,000, according to the contract amendment released by Tennessee on Wednesday afternoon. Niedermeyer's 2018 salary was $200,000 and he was the lowest-paid coach on the staff. He also has had his contract with the Vols rolled over another year, and his deal with Tennessee now runs through the end of January 2021, according to the amendment signed and executed late last month.
Tennessee assistant coach receives raise
View attachment 213025

Tennessee has rewarded promising young tight ends coach Brian Niedermeyer for his impressive work on the recruiting trail in the 2019 class. The 247Sports National Recruiter of the Year has had his annual salary bumped by $150,000 and now will make $350,000, according to the contract amendment released by Tennessee on Wednesday afternoon. Niedermeyer's 2018 salary was $200,000 and he was the lowest-paid coach on the staff. He also has had his contract with the Vols rolled over another year, and his deal with Tennessee now runs through the end of January 2021, according to the amendment signed and executed late last month.
Tennessee assistant coach receives raise

I think we have to keep all the coaches that makes this team better no matter what they do for the team. If that means more money then do it if we have it. Don't hang me for this but think Bama!

Has Mullen been consulting with Butch how to get a highly ranked recruiting class that actually turns out to be a bust? Need to keep Neids, pay him more.

Reactions: onevol74
Exactly.
Think it was VQ talking about all of the eyebrows he'd already raised last season. Thank goodness Pruitt was smart enough to pay the man, hopefully there's more.

Well deserved.
You re gonna need all the little pieces in place to fix this mess. Nieds has shown to be one of those pieces you need. Schools will hire him just for recruiting alone.

$150000 is not like bumping your head coach a mil and extending his contract 4 years. But it's enough to make a key cog harder to approach if you re trying to hire him away. The silliness of moaning about this from a $ standpoint is just that. Silly.

Reactions: chargervol
The last thing that needs to happen is losing one, if not the, best recruiters in college football simply over money!

The last thing that needs to happen is losing one, if not the, best recruiters in college football simply over money!

Why is UT gonna lose him if he doesn't get a raise right now? Ridiculous. Some people love to throw other people's money around without merit. No wonder UT has been paying a ton of $$$ to coaches who aren't with the program any longer.

He is under contract. Nobody is coming after him right now. Tell ya what, get better than 6th in the conference on signing day and let's have the compensation discussion. This rush to pay the guy more now for what he is already hired to do is grade A stupid. But, there's a lot of that around here. Let's see year 2 results before we write more checks.

Reactions: 08Vol
Why is UT gonna lose him if he doesn't get a raise right now? Ridiculous. Some people love to throw other people's money around without merit. No wonder UT has been paying a ton of $$$ to coaches who aren't with the program any longer.

He is under contract. Nobody is coming after him right now. Tell ya what, get better than 6th in the conference on signing day and let's have the compensation discussion. This rush to pay the guy more now for what he is already hired to do is grade A stupid. But, there's a lot of that around here.

Everyone has an opinion.

Personally, I have been in business for over 30 years and never lost an employee over money....nor will I ever! If an employee is fantastic at his or her job, you pay them, period! This coach is one of the best recruiters in the country (fantastic at his job) so money alone is no legitimate reason to lose him to another team.....especially another SEC team. It is hard enough now to get top recruits.....the last thing UT needs is to be recruiting against Niedermeyer.

Just ask Coach Fulmer the difference between an average recruiter versus one of the top recruiters in the country and his answer will tell you everything you need to know......the difference is being fired!

He is under contract. Nobody is coming after him right now. Tell ya what, get better than 6th in the conference on signing day and let's have the compensation discussion. This rush to pay the guy more now for what he is already hired to do is grade A stupid. But, there's a lot of that around here. Let's see year 2 results before we write more checks.

I’ve seen you make this claim a few times in this thread, I’d just be curious to see how you substantiate it.

My thinking is, why wouldn’t somebody be coming after the number one recruiter? With how volatile the coaching carousel can get in a hurry, I can imagine that several of our coaches are on a short list for some AD or Head Coach somewhere.

I’ve seen you make this claim a few times in this thread, I’d just be curious to see how you substantiate it.

My thinking is, why wouldn’t somebody be coming after the number one recruiter? With how volatile the coaching carousel can get in a hurry, I can imagine that several of our coaches are on a short list for some AD or Head Coach somewhere.

There is no reason why someone wouldn't come after him now. But nobody is right now. He is under contract, and let's see how he performs in year 2, and then pay accordingly. How is that unreasonable? I am all for rewarding results. It's not that I am against it. I am against rushing to do it when there's no rush or need to do it. I am a fan of him, and I hope he is amazing in recruiting for UT.

Last edited:
Everyone has an opinion.

Personally, I have been in business for over 30 years and never lost an employee over money....nor will I ever! If an employee is fantastic at his or her job, you pay them, period! This coach is one of the best recruiters in the country (fantastic at his job) so money alone is no legitimate reason to lose him to another team.....especially another SEC team. It is hard enough now to get top recruits.....the last thing UT needs is to be recruiting against Niedermeyer.

Just ask Coach Fulmer the difference between an average recruiter versus one of the top recruiters in the country and his answer will tell you everything you need to know......the difference is being fired!

I don't disagree with your sentiment, but I disagree with your timing of when to give someone a raise. Just my opinion.

VN Store

Back