Nike Gear

Does anyone know if the JC Penney stores in Knoxville have any of the new Nike gear or if they will be getting it? We live near Orlando (behind enemy lines) but will be in God's country in early August to help the Knoxville economy by buying plenty of Big Orange gear of all types. Also, has anyone been to that new Walmart just west of the UT Ag campus? How is its collection of UT items? Thanks for any help!

I was at the volshop today and saw the whole lineup.....whoever says the orange is wrong is way off. I did pick up the limited smoky grey jersey

The orange is really close and looks good as mine came in the mail today. The sizes are really big and I'm a big guy, even the hats are pretty large.

Reactions: 1 person
The orange changes from brand to brand and coach to coach. Fulmer and Dickey used a color with more of a yellow tint. Majors darkened the tone with new uniforms in 1977.

Hopefully, Nike has preserved the uniqueness of Tennessee Orange in its iconic state. It is one of the best marketing and identity items in college football. Many teams have color schemes that resemble other teams, but Tennessee Orange is truly unique and should remain that way. There is a commercial on the SEC network that flashes from Alabama crimson to Tennessee Orange filling the screen and it is very dramatic, like the sun appearing out of nowhere.

I haven't gotten it yet but I've heard, and I'm hoping they run big.

I got my Dri-Fit gray and orange polo in the mail yesterday.The orange is spot on, I don't know what the other guy ordered unless he was expecting that yellow lighter tone orange...

I wear an XL in everything and that's what I ordered...they run smaller than Adidas Clima-lite polo's, but not very much... if Adidas was a 44 shoulder measurement,
Then Nike is a 43...

Last edited:
The orange is really close and looks good as mine came in the mail today. The sizes are really big and I'm a big guy, even the hats are pretty large.

That's good news. I could never find an Adidas hat I liked.

Are there any good online/in store deals going on now/soon?

Not in a rush to buy but if there is nothing expected I might as well spend some monies

25419_1_.jpg
Did anyone buy one of these ? Wondering how they run by size large, small or true to fit --

I'm waiting on the actual coaches polos to be released before I buy one. Apparently, the ones out now are only preseason polos.

Nike just dropped these on Friday...the uppers are black but they would still be a nice compliment to some Smokey Grey gear.

NIKE-FIELD-GENERAL-2-749310_108_A_PREM.jpg

VN Store

Back