No. 1 juco LB commits to Vols

He wants the thrill of the visit.

Sounds like CJP&S just needs to keep him in the loop and he ends up on The Hill.

Yeah he was not recruited at this level out of high school. Relationship is most important on his list, and he has a great one with Pruitt and co., so as long as we maintain and continue to build it, we should be fine here.

I'll take anything that even seems like good news, but this is truly good news.

Go Vols.

Up to 15th nationally on 247.

Average rating is almost 90.5.

If ranking on average, not total points were 8th.

8 commits, and it is a quality group so far.

GBO.

Reactions: 4 people
Per GoVols247 Henry said ...

“I’m still going to take more visits and stuff, just to make sure I’m comfortable with it just to make sure Tennessee don’t get too comfortable, because Tennessee won me over by their recruiting,” he said. “They didn’t win me over, really, by their facilities and stuff. I mean, they did to a certain point, but they really just won me over by building a relationship. So if they lose the relationship, then that’s not a place I’m going to want to be."

“I’m going to go to Alabama. ”I’m probably going to take one to Iowa State, Texas A&M, Texas — all those schools. I just want to get around and get a feel for other schools.

“But I’m still going to be committed to Tennessee.”

Commitments this early are a joke ... there's nothing to see here.

Hmm I don't like that

This kid is BOOM worthy.

If he changes his mind and doesn't come to the hill then the only person he's screwing is himself.

He'll get on the field lots faster as a Vol than at anywhere else.

BOOOOOOOMMM!!!

VFL...GBO!!!

200.gif

Hey Hoss...is this the Teletubbie they didn't talk about?

I dont read it that way. I read it more like hes just looking for Tennessee to give him an excuse to decommit.

I think he is committed but left himself a dumpster fire exit clause, can't say I blame him with the fiasco that took place on the hill....

I think he is committed but left himself a dumpster fire exit clause, can't say I blame him with the fiasco that took place on the hill....

then why commit at all? you're theory is that he committed to a questionable program with the sole intent of being able to decommit and it not look bad later on?

i mean, i get it. and i understand the trepidation given the comments about taking more visits.

but we set the bar THAT high. not someone else. and he visited two schools since our visit and committed on the fresh off the heels of both of those. we're not chasing, we're being chased. it's unchartered territory for us over the last 10 years or so.

take your OV's. make sure. i've no problem with that.

and the comments about taking those OV's were not the only comments he made about his commitment.

Reactions: 1 person

“I’m still going to take more visits and stuff, just to make sure I’m comfortable with it just to make sure Tennessee don’t get too comfortable, because Tennessee won me over by their recruiting,” he said. “They didn’t win me over, really, by their facilities and stuff. I mean, they did to a certain point, but they really just won me over by building a relationship. So if they lose the relationship, then that’s not a place I’m going to want to be."

“I’m going to go to Alabama. ”I’m probably going to take one to Iowa State, Texas A&M, Texas — all those schools. I just want to get around and get a feel for other schools.

No BOOM for you!!

then why commit at all? you're theory is that he committed to a questionable program with the sole intent of being able to decommit and it not look bad later on?

i mean, i get it. and i understand the trepidation given the comments about taking more visits.

but we set the bar THAT high. not someone else. and he visited two schools since our visit and committed on the fresh off the heels of both of those. we're not chasing, we're being chased. it's unchartered territory for us over the last 10 years or so.

take your OV's. make sure. i've no problem with that.

and the comments about taking those OV's were not the only comments he made about his commitment.

High school kids love attention.

High school kids love attention.

ok. you can get more attention by remaining a free agent as long as possible.

there's zero reason to commit based on the theory offered.

edit: he's still a free agent, and people will still recruit him, but he's played his hand. some, not all, schools will back off as a result.

Last edited:
ok. you can get more attention by remaining a free agent as long as possible.

there's zero reason to commit based on the theory offered.

I think his committing gets those other schools to go at him just a little bit harder now. Taking other visits also keeps pressure on UT to keep showing the love.

It's not like Bama or anyone else is going to pack up and go home over him committing.

He'd be a good get and I hope he sticks with it but, as another poster alluded, way too early to get too hyped over any of these announcements.

Anyone notice how the average star rating of recruits under Pruitt is much higher than Butch?? Lovin' it!

Reactions: 1 person

Sounds like he needs special attention. Correct nothing to see here

VN Store

Back