No reason to believe Jeremy Pruitt can fix Tennessee

Sorry. Dude should’ve been given his walking papers after he lost to Georgia State. That’s pretty inexcusable, especially in your second year as head coach.

What Finebaum had to say about Pruitt:

“For all the things that Jeremy Pruitt has done well at Tennessee, and I’ll have to get back to you on what those are, his public relations has been abysmal, and that’s from the beginning,” Finebaum said. “I know people up in Tennessee who have offered to help him and counsel him and give him opportunities and I’ve been on the set with him in Knoxville and asked him just an underhanded layup on Phil Fulmer and he couldn’t even answer that correctly. He is still a high school football coach when it comes to public relations and I know that sounds like an insult to the great high school football coaches out there who are great communicators. What I mean by that is he will not communicate in an appropriate way, he doesn’t understand that the fan base until recently was rooting for him and wants him to succeed, and his press conferences are usually a disaster as a result, going back to the Alabama game, this game, countless other times.

Finally, the co-hosts asked Finebaum if Pruitt had the support of Athletics Director Phil Fulmer.

“Back to Fulmer, I suppose Fulmer is supporting him because he has to,” Finebaum said. “Phil Fulmer has dug in and this was his guy and we all remember the circumstances a couple years ago with (Greg) Schiano and then Fulmer took over and then (Mike) Leach was passed on and then it was ultimately going to be Jeremy Pruitt. He also gave him the extension, the administration at Tennessee has done everything to support Jeremy Pruitt and I mean everything. They’ve gotten in line, they stood up for him, they gave him the extension, they rallied around him, and what are they going to do now as we head into the offseason, I have no earthly idea.”
OUCH! Truth.

The one point he got wrong is Pruitt getting rid of Cheney, I can't see him firing Cheney.
I have to wonder just who in hades is going to jump on a sinking ship with Pruitt? Really, an assistant or coordinator is going to uproot the family to join Pruitt for what...one more season? He's either going to get more of his friends pay outs or he's going to reach. Neither is going to save his bacon. Even fans can see the alarming amount of staff turn over in just 2 1/2 years. No way Pruitt is going to hire/coach his way out of being fired. Waste of time and money. Then again, that's what UT is best at. Wasting time and money.

The one point he got wrong is Pruitt getting rid of Cheney, I can't see him firing Cheney.

He's not firing Chaney for the simple reason as he knows he can't get anyone to come and replace him when he himself is walking towards the chopping block.

Won't surprise me a bit if he doesn't replace Brumbaugh, and keeps the Dline as his responsibility since we have to pay out $830,000 for terminating his contract.

Tee couldn't find success as an OC at USC, why in the world would you think he'd suddenly get it together at UT?

He's only at UT because no one else would hire him, because he's not a very good coach.

100%, Tee is not a very good coach. Nor was he a great QB. He could run when he got in trouble but his passing skills weren’t anything to brag about.

Wait......what.......who is believing he can?

Brooks & Dunn don’t even Believe.

I thought 24 cobsecutive completions for Tenn record was pretty impressive

If I remember correctly that was against South Carolina. I’m talking about Tee’s entire body of work as a QB. He rarely impressed anyone with his arm but he could run.

If I remember correctly that was against South Carolina. I’m talking about Tee’s entire body of work as a QB. He rarely impressed anyone with his arm but he could run.
In think in the national title year he played pretty well. He wasn't the centerpiece of that offense but he didn't make many mistakes and distributed the ball well.

His 1999 year, however, was pretty disappointing. Was nowhere near as efficient, turned the ball over more often. That entire team though had a disappointing year, not just him.

Reactions: Remy and VolRage
I would take Tee Martin's arm right now in a heartbeat.

The losses we've taken since his arrival have cut deep ... many more than expected and to some schools that were total embarrassments. I've had hope for Pruitt. I've been leery of his command of the English language from the onset. It reflects his own education and his abilities to communicate well in various crowds and settings. My hope was he was a good ol' boy who knew football and could communicate through smart plays on the field and ultimately victories. He goes out an recruits a highly rated quarterback, or two, and then does not play them. Other teams play theirs. Why can't we give this talent a chance? I put this on the coach and his subordinates. Recruiting will take a lick with each loss and each new player that just warms the bench.

I do not want another coach. I want Pruitt to use his talent and quit going to the well of tainted water. He, and his appoint QB, are making the same mistakes over and over. Its been that way for some time. If he continues with JG and pother talented players run off to the transfer portal, It'll be time to look for his replacement. Only Pruitt can instigate these changes. He is already late.

I would accept taking a couple of steps back if we could get Freeze, but I do want Pruitt to succeed. He just needs to start soon, damn soon.

The losses we've taken since his arrival have cut deep ... many more than expected and to some schools that were total embarrassments. I've had hope for Pruitt. I've been leery of his command of the English language from the onset. It reflects his own education and his abilities to communicate well in various crowds and settings. My hope was he was a good ol' boy who knew football and could communicate through smart plays on the field and ultimately victories. He goes out an recruits a highly rated quarterback, or two, and then does not play them. Other teams play theirs. Why can't we give this talent a chance? I put this on the coach and his subordinates. Recruiting will take a lick with each loss and each new player that just warms the bench.

I do not want another coach. I want Pruitt to use his talent and quit going to the well of tainted water. He, and his appoint QB, are making the same mistakes over and over. Its been that way for some time. If he continues with JG and talents runs off to the transfer portal, It'll ne time to look for his replacement. Onlyt Pruitt can instigate these changes. He is already late.

I would accept taking a couple of steps back if we could get Freeze, but I do want Pruitt to succeed. He just needs to start soon, damn soon.
He's his own worst enemy. He could have gotten a lot of people off of his back if he would go another direction at QB. Even if we lost, at least we could lose with the knowledge that we are preparing for the future. Now we are losing with a guy that is a 5th year senior that probably hit his ceiling two years ago. Worse than that, he is the significant reason we are losing. Either soul-crushing and deflating pick sixes, or dummying down the offense so much because we are afraid to throw the ball. All we are saying is to give another QB a real chance. We've seen enough of JG to know what he is. The light is never going to come on for him. But inexplicably Pruitt insists on going with him, when it is obviously clear to the rest of the world, Vol fans and outsiders looking in, that JG is an extreme detriment to this team.

Reactions: 99grad
I thought 24 cobsecutive completions for Tenn record was pretty impressive
Against South Carolina and none were real down field passes mostly hitch and slant. He wasn’t a bad player the team seamed to like him missed a lot of throws especially early in games to much adrenaline. I’m sure there are still people with injuries from bleacher balls on some out routes

VN Store

Back