Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Even if you remove all my years of UConn hate there is still nothing I find interesting about Paige Bueckers.

I find her game boring, her personality is like half dried paint in interviews and mostly she just makes tik toks for social media clout.

Hard to believe she and Caitlin Clark are the same age because the maturity gulf between the two is massive.

You’d probably be calling her the greatest ever if she went to Tennessee.

I'm amused with some of the posts on the UConn forum. Here's one regarding Beers possibly signing with Oklahoma as they recently hired her former coach.

"Hard for me to believe that an assistant coach would elevate the Sooners over the opportunity to play for a potential national championship team, in the Basketball Capital of the World, for a coaching staff with an unequalled ability to develop WNBA ready pros."

Reactions: chuckiepoo

That’s really interesting, it’s a small step up but kind of a lateral move imo.

Lots of coaches have used Charlotte as a jumping off point for bigger jobs though. Some really quality coaches have gone through Charlotte before moving to P5 jobs. Seems like she’s trying to move up in a season or two likely.

That’s really interesting, it’s a small step up but kind of a lateral move imo.

Lots of coaches have used Charlotte as a jumping off point for bigger jobs though. Some really quality coaches have gone through Charlotte before moving to P5 jobs. Seems like she’s trying to move up in a season or two likely.
You are 100% correct and she has Geno and Dawn backing.

I'm amused with some of the posts on the UConn forum. Here's one regarding Beers possibly signing with Oklahoma as they recently hired her former coach.

"Hard for me to believe that an assistant coach would elevate the Sooners over the opportunity to play for a potential national championship team, in the Basketball Capital of the World, for a coaching staff with an unequalled ability to develop WNBA ready pros."
Although a little arrogant, it is somewhat true. It depends on what her career goals are. UConn has made it to 15 out of the last 16 final 4's. UConn has a great reputation for getting players to the WNBA. She would get to play with Paige Bueckers for a year. Beers would have a great opportunity to start, as their future Big, El Alfy, will be a redshirt freshman coming off a serious injury. So, again, what are her career goals? Does Oklahoma give her a chance for these opportunities? Maybe I'm bias, but I think her chances are better at UConn, but that decision is up to her.

Although a little arrogant, it is somewhat true. It depends on what her career goals are. UConn has made it to 15 out of the last 16 final 4's. UConn has a great reputation for getting players to the WNBA. She would get to play with Paige Bueckers for a year. Beers would have a great opportunity to start, as their future Big, El Alfy, will be a redshirt freshman coming off a serious injury. So, again, what are her career goals? Does Oklahoma give her a chance for these opportunities? Maybe I'm bias, but I think her chances are better at UConn, but that decision is up to her.

I definitely don't disagree with anything you said, but I think in this current climate a lot of that doesn't matter like it did before. There is so much more in play, and I'm not sure the players always have their long haul best interests at heart. It's such a different landscape now which is a shame. At the end of the day, it's their decision, and who are we to second guess? Most are not going to have a career in basketball, so I hope they are considering that as well.

I loathe you for being right. 😂

But it's "biased," the adjective, not "bias" the noun. My ocd needed to seize this opportunity to correct this error that I see all the dang time and drives me nuts. lol

But it's "biased," the adjective, not "bias" the noun. My ocd needed to seize this opportunity to correct this error that I see all the dang time and drives me nuts. lol
Some may call this piling on, but it needs saying. The confusion of adj. biased with n., bias is outweighed by the atrocious substitution of v. dominate for adj. dominant.

There, I've given my inner peever its ( not it's) daily exercise. 😝

Thanks for prompting the ravings of a harmless drudge.

Some may call this piling on, but it needs saying. The confusion of adj. biased with n., bias is outweighed by the atrocious substitution of v. dominate for adj. dominant.

There, I've given my inner peever its ( not it's) daily exercise. 😝

Thanks for prompting the ravings of a harmless drudge.

Oh my gawd, YES. Every time I read the word "dominate" when it should be "dominant" it takes at least a few minutes off my life. To me, that's even more of a trigger than "bias."

Now I need a sedative. lol

If rosters stay as they are today, I agree with all except I’d put Alabama 6 and us 7. I’m also worried about Auburn.
I was gonna say Bama has likely lept in front of us.. they have essence Cody at the post, picked up zaay green and still have nye and barker. They were good last year and should be better this year.

4th in SEC and I'm sticking to it.

This x1000.

I will never take posters serious that come on here putting Oklahoma, Ole Miss, and Alabama over Tennessee.
Did nobody watch Green at Texas A&M the last time she played in the SEC?
Auburn loss Scott-Grayson who was their entire offense and then some plus Mingo. We watched Scott at Arkansas last season take 20 shots to score 20+ points. What is it to worry about Auburn?
Tennessee played one of the most predictable styles of basketball in the sport in recent years. With a new system and better overall team athleticism those teams will not be better than Tennessee. Once the schedule is announced I can make a better prediction, without the schedule I’ll say 3rd or 4th depending health.

VN Store

Back