Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

And what if the fall out from Miss State had more to do with the current coach on our staff and not with Purcell?

You folks are very laughable. I just want this same energy should the tables change. I can guarantee you the players we landed (outside of Latham) was due to the checks clearing and less to do with wanting to play in CKC system or being a Lady Vol. The same with the players who decided to stay.

We can dismiss coach Sam and what she was unable to do here all we want, but the amount of players she recruited at previous stops and those players heading to the W, tells me her failure here had more so to do with lack of support if anything!

Be blessed!
anyone can offer.. but can she close. She is not a closer! 1 season at St. Louis, -- why the move down the next year in the same role? then went to a D2 from 2002-2003, then Depaul for 2003- 2004, 2004-2007 DePaul, 2007- 2011 Michigan St/ Duke, 2011-2019 Louisville, 2019- 2021 Western Kentucky (Head Coach), then 2021-2023 Tennessee.

Speaking of recruiting, it’s funny how everytime CKC and the staff adds a new recruit these folks are silent.

I’m going to say this CKC isn’t done yet! She basically said so yesterday at the Big Orange Caravan.

I will also add I take this with a grain of salt. No staff including the one she has been subtweeting needs to recruit during a dead period. Maybe she should relax before she tells on herself. Who is she talking to?

Back to CKC, she mentioned one or two more additions. Interesting she also mentioned pushing the returnees to stay hungry when they bring in new players.

The message from this posts also tells me that they are concerned CKC and her staff is about to start blitzing the HS recruiting trial.

The tone of this tweet seems personal.

Wait. You do realize there are hundreds of schools recruiting right now, right? Not just Tennessee and Mississippi State. What in the world has Sam ever done to suggest she'd be the type of person who'd be what you are assuming she is?

She always seemed to me to be an outstanding person. Does she now need to do her job for Mississippi State instead of Tennessee? Of course she's gotta be all-in for the Bulldogs!

Her tweet was very likely meant for coaches NOT at Tennessee. She could have been referring to Geno or Brenda or Close or Banghart or Lawson or Insell 30 other coaches. I honestly don't think she'd risk coming off as a pathetic jilted lover by implying she was talking about Tennessee. I really don't, and it sucks that people have turned on her. It's so uncalled for.

Sam got Rickea Jackson, Jewel Spear, Jillian Hollingshed and Talaysia Cooper. Quite a haul by any standard.

Latham, Spearman and Spencer will make next year's team much better than what Kim inherited, but no one yet near the first two players listed. It's a good start in a short amount of time. But Sam certainly did her job in getting elite transfers on campus and several high quality commits. There's no denying that.
Sam burned the bridges to future recruits in doing so!

I would argue that Spencer is a bigger get than Spear. Three years of SEC PG experience, SEC FOY, lighting quick and her game is more dynamic. Jewel is a superb player but her game is pretty one dimensional still. She did start attempting to attack the rim more last season and she has to continue to do so if she wants to play at the next level.

Rickea is obviously the get of the decade for the Lady Vols. I still think circumstance had more to do with that than the recruiting ability of our coaches. Rickea seemed to have a bond with Sam but I don’t think she jived with the Harper’s at all, respected, sure, but she didn’t seem to care for them.

Hollingshed is likely to look much better under a different coach. She has lots of potential but they were not getting any of it out of her.

Cooper is a good recruit on paper only at this point. She has the most to prove out of everyone on the team IMO.
I think Cooper will thrive in CKC system... if she plays hard and attacks the rim under control!!!

Why are yall even still worried about Sam?! Yall keep saying quit talking about Kellie, yet bringing in tweets from an assistant coach?! It looks obsessive and weird at this point. We get it, yall don’t like her, move on.

Idk where yall are from, but if there is some grass available, maybe go touch it today. 🧡🩵

Why are yall even still worried about Sam?! Yall keep saying quit talking about Kellie, yet bringing in tweets from an assistant coach?! It looks obsessive and weird at this point. We get it, yall don’t like her, move on.

Idk where yall are from, but if there is some grass available, maybe go touch it today. 🧡🩵
I truly think they don't want to likely have to admit that maybe it wasn't her and maybe it was Kellie and either her inability to close or lack of resources.

Because Joy was a hell of a recruiter at Florida State and responsible for a lot of their top players there and didn't have much success getting some of the top players to UT.

Was it NIL, was it Kellie, was it lack of Support? We'll never truly know. But there are no excuses for CKC as Danny has made it clear she has and will have everything she needs to be successful.

And I hope he is true to that and that the fans are as well.

If she's implying our program was contacting players illegally, that's a legit NCAA violation, not something to joke about on Twitter.

She’s just being salty. Idk if it’s directed at us but would not be shocked. The dead period only means you cannot have recruits on campus in person or meet with them in person. It does not mean you cannot contact or communicate with recruits.

Why do you think Joy didnt take Sam!
LOL, is that really a question?

Maybe because Sam didn't want to go from Power 5 to a mid major? You truly think after working her way up from the likes of Duke, Louisville, and UT she would take a step back and follow a coach who will be in her 1st year as a head coach and take a huge pay-cut as well.

Also, How do you know she (Joy) didn't offer a coaching spot to her (Sam)?

Last edited:
Speaking of recruiting, it’s funny how everytime CKC and the staff adds a new recruit these folks are silent.

I’m going to say this CKC isn’t done yet! She basically said so yesterday at the Big Orange Caravan.

I will also add I take this with a grain of salt. No staff including the one she has been subtweeting needs to recruit during a dead period. Maybe she should relax before she tells on herself. Who is she talking to?

Back to CKC, she mentioned one or two more additions. Interesting she also mentioned pushing the returnees to stay hungry when they bring in new players.

The message from this posts also tells me that they are concerned CKC and her staff is about to start blitzing the HS recruiting trial.

The tone of this tweet seems personal.
LOL! It gets personal when someone fires you. Coach Sam will enjoy every recruit she keeps us from getting.

Outside grass, marijuana, or smoking pot outside for the maximum grass experience? Sometimes reading these threads make me feel like I must be stoned because surely this can't be real.

Reactions: ATLVOLFAN01
I recall watching a UH program early morning before heading off to work, that explained the right click functions on a mouse. I had considered myself literate before, but that thirty minute exposure opened the digital world for me.

I was exposed to Fortran in my first computer science class. “Bertha” was our punchcard IBM monstrosity.
Colossus: The Fortran Project.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Solid prediction here from a SC fan….Fulwiley becomes ALL SEC in her sophomore season, prob 6th player of the year also if she does not start enough games. If this is the year Staley cuts her loose, she might be first team All SEC…..or even better. She has to navigate playing time with Raven and PaoPao on the team, but at some point you cannot keep her off the court, she is likely the most talented player on the court every game, gotta let that bird fly. Most electrifying player from a skill set imo.

My gut says Coach Staley uses her mostly as the top reserve because PaoPao came back as a fifth year senior and Dawn favors seniors…but Malaysia will play more minutes, starter minutes. She was second on the team last season in scoring with only 17 min a game. Give her 25-28 minutes and she could go supernovae, but I have no doubt either way she is the top scorer next season for SC WBB. She should be good for 17+ a game next season.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back