Not making excuses . . .

Watching Auburn right now. MSU is putting up a good fight, but it’s already obvious Auburn is better defensively on the interior. MSU is really having to work to get these buckets

I mean don't get me wrong, I hope Auburn loses every game by 50 and Stephen Pearl get hit in the nuts 3 times a game.
MS State playing well, but the Pearlites can at least hit some outside shots it seems to maybe stay close.
We. Yesterday couldn’t hit the barn with a damn axe handle and it got away from us early

This “so and so gave a blue print on how to beat us” is fools gold. We’ve played physical teams, deep benched teams and so forth. Blueprint to beat anybody. Shoot over 60% from the field and other teams shoots under 25%. Will
Work most of the time.

UT will only go as far as ZZ takes them. When he comes out lethargic and uninspired, we lose.

If I’m not mistaken, on one possession alone he missed 3 attempts at uncontested 3 pointer. Very bad. Vescovi and ZZZ follow his lead, then comes Aidoo with his several missed layups. Can’t write a better script for tournament play.
If Vescovi and James play a quarter of a percent better, he can facilitate and not worry about creating his own shot so much. It's impossible to see him run the point and get a team involved when they shoot that poorly.

Reactions: Purplehaze26
Losing in the SEC Tournament really won’t matter as long as the Vols make a deep run in March Madness (as they have the ability to do).

But the track record for Barnes isn’t all that encouraging. Plus, the WAY in which our guys got bounced is truly worrisome. They just looked dreadful. Like no-heart losers, if we’re being honest.

This team could be in the Final Four or could get punked in the first round. Hopefully, the Vols will make a big run!

The gamblers say picking teams based on motivation is a fools game, and they are probably right. Nevertheless, a highly motivated team can work wonders. Miss State also presents some bad match ups for us. Usually teams complain about how physical TN is, but they punched us in mouth, and we couldn’t handle it. Iowa State apparently did the same thing to Houston. Hope we find our mojo back,going forward.

Barnes works them so hard in practice, which I like(old school). Hope he gave them the weekend off, they need to get their legs back. We miss the physical play that Uros gave us.

The gamblers say picking teams based on motivation is a fools game, and they are probably right. Nevertheless, a highly motivated team can work wonders. Miss State also presents some bad match ups for us. Usually teams complain about how physical TN is, but they punched us in mouth, and we couldn’t handle it. Iowa State apparently did the same thing to Houston. Hope we find our mojo back,going forward.
Hmmm. Does anyone find it curious that as soon as the gambling industry was embraced by college sports that we would have the most tumultuous tournaments in history? Is it coincidence that almost all the #1 seeds just didn't show up? It just seems a little strange.

They gave a blue print of how to beat Tennessee in the first or second round as usual
Most teams don’t have the size and girth to follow that blueprint. MSU is big and tough, it’s just hard to put your finger on why other teams didn’t respond to that the way we did twice this year; reference their losing SEC record this season.

They got out hustled and defended DK aggressively. He became frustrated which put pressure on the rest of the team and they failed. The coaches need to come up with a game plan when DK is double teamed and the other players have to step up and score.
The game plan I would use is not coming out and shooting 0-15 and allowing the opponent rim runs that bypass our defense. If you shoot like that it takes the coaching right out of it. Hit a few baskets early, not too much to ask. Jonas, when you get the ball at the 1ft mark look to jam it hard or get fouled.

VN Store

Back