Not the end of the world

What is KY supposed to do? Just dribble and let the shot clock run out for a turnover? We didn't get back, they get an easy dunk. Simple. We would have done the same thing, some of you all are soft. Why dont we talked about the other 39 minutes we got manhandled? Thats the reason we lost...
Dribble out the clock. Take a shot with 2-3 seconds left on the clock. Game clock expires. Kind of like every single basketball game where you run the clock out?

Reactions: Sportslady
Show class?
Eh, while I don’t really care about that particular play you can’t ask a Kentucky fan to show class.. these are the same clowns that cry in basketball that no one should even play them because no one is worthy due to their history, yet somehow they have the nuts to talk crap in football season( I mean their program is a literal joke) but somehow still they feel important their to. They are hypocrites, and complete clueless assholes... **** them.

I thought it was a little but on the low class side for KY to not pull the ball back out with 30 seconds left. Hope Coach Cal has a word with the team about the last goal. I know they were open but the game was out of reach so show some class.....

Good grief, it’s big boy basketball and they wanted to bury us until the last second. We would’ve done the same thing.

The response is gonna be interesting. Was it more that we got exposed, or is it fixable things. Turner and Bowden having rough nites shooting is not as big a worry as getting whipped in the paint. Mainly at the 5 spot.

tonight was UK's super bowl !! best game they have played all year
Eh.
That wasnt Vandy.

UK has got a very talented team that's been figuring it out over the last several weeks. They brought it tonite from every aspect and UT didnt match it.

Well see over the next few games if they exposed UT or if it was just more of one of those nites. But UK is legit.

Reactions: Rocky_top08
Bowden and a few others just didnt show up tonight. Let them crow... Doubt we'll hear from any of them in 2 weeks. If we end up spliting @UK and @lsu it will be better to win at LSU given the standings and LSU's remaning schedule. We control our destiny in terms of staying in front of UK. TBA will be rockin, can't wait.

I thought it was a little but on the low class side for KY to not pull the ball back out with 30 seconds left. Hope Coach Cal has a word with the team about the last goal. I know they were open but the game was out of reach so show some class.....
You can’t be serious? We just got out asses beat, and his is what you’re worried about? Good grief.

Eh.
That wasnt Vandy.

UK has got a very talented team that's been figuring it out over the last several weeks. They brought it tonite from every aspect and UT didnt match it.

Well see over the next few games if they exposed UT or if it was just more of one of those nites. But UK is legit.

I was being facetious, because lil cat has repeatedly made the statement that UK is everyones superbowl

Reactions: feathersax
Tough loss, and it’ll suck to hear UK fans talk crap, but it’s not that big of a deal at the end of the day. We still control our destiny for the SEC crown and for a 1 seed. Every one of our goals is still very much on the table. Now we know exactly what we have to improve in order to win games against elite teams in the later rounds of the tournament. Let em have their fun, they were the better team today, but I guarantee this won’t happen again in TBA in 2 weeks. Go Vols
I’d rather have 2 loses to Kentucky and make the final four, and watch them make an early exit in the NCAAT.

Reactions: LittleCat
Seemed to be some confusion as Grant was calling off the fouls and the team slowed down. At that point I would hope the other team would ride out the few seconds left.

with that in mind, what was the point in full court pressure towards the end of the game.....where was the pressure when they had a chance to come back? that made no sense to me; fouling while down by 15 with less than 2 minutes to go

We have been playing soft in the paint the past few games.

Agreed. Be interesting to see what a nationally televised embarrassment does to stoke that fire.

Sometimes you dont need to get away with it, to have to fix it.

I was being facetious, because lil cat has repeatedly made the statement that UK is everyones superbowl
My mistake.

I dont totally disagree with that idea in most cases.

I dont think that was true last nite with those 2 teams tho.

Par for the course. Unfortunately we helped put them in the position to do that.
True. And sometimes you need a loss to show you it can happen. I saw a lot of selfish play and bad shots but I saw the opposite too. Yes the officiating was atrocious. I have faith that Barnes will have them ready for next game and all will be good. Carry on.

Not the end of the world. But if we show up like this in the next game or two, we'll be looking over the side.

Actually, good time to happen. Hopefully this is a wake up call, and get team focused and fired up going down the stretch
They’ll go one way or the other. After getting physically and emotionally dominated last night, they’ll either “quit”/shrink the rest of the year and limp to the end of the season.....or they’ll show great character, rise up, meet the challenge and finish off what has been an incredible, special season thus far. I honestly have no idea which way they’ll go. Hopefully it’s the latter.

Reactions: HighWaterVol

VN Store

Back