Now that the honeymoon is over...

wilrob75

how long is the CBJ leash? Are we looking for a new coach if we blow the next 3 games?

Thanks to Dave Hart, the university has about 12,500,000 reasons why we cannot fire the coach until 2021 (on a sliding scale descreasing each year). So STOP ASKING.

So if you really WANT change, let's start with Firing the IDIOT who negotiated that contract... THEN we can wait a few years to see if Coach Jones can right the ship.

Reactions: 7 people
Honeymoon for me was over after 2013 loss to Vandy and I damn near filed for divorce after last year's 10-9 loss to Florida. I'm currently estranged and in serious need of couples therapy if this marriage is gonna last....I'm thinking of cheating.

Last edited:
Reactions: 20 people
He could burn down half of knoxville and there still won't be any mention of him fired till after the end of 2016.

Prolly right. Lets hope he can turn this around. If we lose this game, we will be looking at 2-5 going to Kentucky. They should have beaten UF too...Gonna get tight up in here.

Honeymoon for me was over after 2013 loss to Vandy and I damn near filed for divorce after last year's 10-9 loss to Florida. I'm currently estranged and in serious need to couples therapy if this marriage is gonna last....I'm thinking of cheating.

:eek:lol:

Reactions: 1 person
Honeymoon for me was over after 2013 loss to Vandy and I damn near filed for divorce after last year's 10-9 loss to Florida. I'm currently estranged and in serious need to couples therapy if this marriage is gonna last....I'm thinking of cheating.

I don't disagree. I still have no idea why our fans give him a pass for not starting Dobbs the first two years either.

Most on hear want everything sugar coated. I'm sorry but the Tennessee job is not everybody's dream job. Sorry to disappoint but the talent level had been on a decline before Fulmer left. The truth is that we had to overhaul the entire roster. That's why a lot of coaches did not want to come to knoxville. The writing was on the wall that it would take atleast 3 years. During a recent 5 year period, only Kentucky had lost more conference games than Tennessee. Butch Jones is not going anywhere. End of conversation.

Reactions: 4 people
I am still at a loss why they get contracts to pay them even when they do terrible. We would get fired and no pay. I can understand them making the money they do. If they do not succeed they should not be paid. Just my thought.

Most on hear want everything sugar coated. I'm sorry but the Tennessee job is not everybody's dream job. Sorry to disappoint but the talent level had been on a decline before Fulmer left. The truth is that we had to overhaul the entire roster. That's why a lot of coaches did not want to come to knoxville. The writing was on the wall that it would take atleast 3 years. During a recent 5 year period, only Kentucky had lost more conference games than Tennessee. Butch Jones is not going anywhere. End of conversation.

It doesn't have to be someone's "dream job" for them to be successful here, and McElwain needs a roster overhaul much worse than us.

He's safe through next year at the very least. He's amassed enough talent to do just enough to keep his job.

It doesn't have to be someone's "dream job" for them to be successful here, and McElwain needs a roster overhaul much worse than us.

Florida is not a rebuilding job. That school has won a total of 3 national titles. 1 under spurrier, 2 under meyer. For those who say Muschamp sucked, he had an 11 game winning season plus his total defense was in the top 10 every year he was there.

He should be given at least 4 full recruiting cycles with 4 full seasons (barring some catastrophic meltdown, which seems we might be on the verge of) before firing him. I sure hope Hart is smart enough to see the writing on the wall and start putting out feelers, to see what big name coach would want to come here, well ahead of a firing.
The next hire CANNOT be botched!
With that said, I'm still behind Butch (Hanging on a thread) and hope he can right the ship. I will always be behind the players and my University!

Reactions: 3 people
I have my doubts about Butch, but we have to be patient. His first two classes are true sophomores, redshirt freshmen, and true freshman. He's got some really good young QBs and QB commits who could really help us turn the corner, because we honestly haven't seen what he can do with a truly good passing QB capable of putting teams away. We just have to learn how to finish and we'll be fine. Many starters set to return next year again, so don't overreact.

Dave Hart will not fire Butch unless forced. He doesn't care about results. The real question is, when do we go shopping for a new AD?

We'll revisit this quote if we lose the next 3.

You used the term "blow" in the OP. Only if we pull another 3qtr domination followed by 4th Q collapse against UGA & UA could those losses be called "blown".

We won't be expected (nor were we ever) to win either, so losing "competitively" would be par for the course I think.

Losing to Arky might be considered "blown" regardless tho.

Either way, Arky is the watershed game. He really needs to win that to keep the fanbase on board the brick laying experiment. Lose it and the dreaded 2-5 record rears it's ugly head. It would take a quiet and accomplishment to finish 7-5 and sweep UK, Mizz, & USC.

7-5 will be "unacceptable", but he'll be retained to "right the ship" with his recruits in 16'. 8-4 next year and we may go shopping. JMO on that scenario.

Beat Arky and one of UA / UGA, then run the table, and the hype train for 2016' gets chugging out of the gate under heavy steam.

Beat Arky, lose the 2 biggies, and lose one of the remaining 3 and a dark cloud of doubt hangs, but Butch stays.

Lose the next three, and lose one of the remaining 3, and serious calls for Butch's head are made. Hart keeps him anyway, but I'm not sure Butch can get the base back without a steller 16', where we win the East or the SEC, or make the playoff.

Hart i$ in too deep with Jone$ to even consider a change this year. Barring an unforseen 4 win season this year, I can't see a change. We are with the guy for this and next at least.

Here's hoping for some awesome BBQ Sat night and to getting this 15' season back on pace for 8-4 or 9-3. It's doable without a doubt.

I've seen this numerous times. Fans said we don't need, Fulmer, chavis, cutcliffe, delmonico, pearl, martin. Turned out the programs were worse after all these names left Tennessee.

Reactions: 2 people

Then go support McElwain then! I knew your first post of asking a simple question would be followed by a bunch of bi!#$ing and moaning posts. We all get it, you dont like Butch Jones. Its going on thursday, please move on to the next game!

VN Store

Back