'19 NY DT Jared Harrison-Hunte

Can't find the article now, but in his interview he mentioned he was ready to pick a school after the Ohio St offer - but after getting the TN offer it changed things. Still sounded like he wants to commit before school starts

About 13 posts up

Thanks for pointing out that article. Sounds like the best kinda kid, working to get the offer. And I like that he likes Coach Rocker (except that I’m older than him and he’s considered old school-eek).

Shows the power of Tennessee’s camp in year one. Gotta figure it only gets better from now on.

Christ The King Regional High School (Middle Village, NY) defensive tackle Jared Hunte continues to see his stock rise. A camp tour last week to Ohio State and Tennessee netted the 6-4, 271-pound prospect two big offers.

The Tennessee offer was a surprise, though. “I was surprised at how the offer was presented,” Hunte said. “Coach Pruitt came up to me in the middle of a drill in camp and said he was offering me a scholarship. “I have never experienced anything like that. Everything just kind of stopped and I didn't know what to say.”

That conversation with Jeremy Pruitt was his first. In fact, at the camp last week was the first time Hunte had ever spoken to a Tennessee coach. “I had heard about their new staff and I wanted to see them so we headed down there after the Ohio State camp. I hadn't spoken to them before camping there.”

Hunte was impressed with everything he saw while on Rocky Top. “The campus and area is beautiful and the coaches were great,” Hunte offered.” The defensive line coach (Tracy Rocker) was old school. It seems like a very traditional place and the coaches are old school traditional which I like. “I will most likely visit again.”

Since the camp, Hunte has spoken the the Vol coaches, including Jeremy Pruitt. Hunte's recruitment continues to grow as he now holds over 20 offers. He plans to take all of his official visits in the fall and sign in December.

-VQ

Reactions: 4 people
OV to UT for Mizzou game...

247Sports has learned the first of those will happen this coming weekend, as the 6-foot-4, 286-pounder will head to Arizona State, to see the Sun Devils host UCLA. The other two trips he has locked in right now are to Ohio State the weekend of November 24 for the Michigan game, and to Penn State the weekend of December 7.

Right now, for his two other visits, Harrison-Hunte is eyeing the weekend of November 17 to Tennessee (Missouri game) and the weekend of December 1 to Georgia (likely before or after SEC Championship Game). If that weekend doesn’t work out for the Bulldogs or the prospect, he will try to find another time to get to Athens before the early signing period.

The 247Sports Crystal Ball points heavily to Penn State, and right now the latest intel still has Harrison-Hunte landing in Happy Valley. Ohio State is currently right behind the Nittany Lions, per sources, with Greg Schiano has stepping up efforts and communication level in recent weeks, which has helped. Georgia would likely be the school behind the two Big Ten powers, and was an early favorite for the talented athlete before the recruiting process truly started. The Vols and Sun Devils definitely have a shot to make an impact, though, with impressive officials.

-OSU 247

Harrison-Hunte will officially visit Ohio State for the Nov. 24 game against Michigan, and he will officially visit Penn State the weekend of Dec. 7. Those trips remain unchanged, but Harrison-Hunte will now visit Tennessee the weekend of Dec. 14 rather than for this weekend’s game against Missouri.

“Tennessee wants him to come a little later so they have a shot later on with him,” Eugene said. “He really likes (defensive tackles) coach (Ron) Burton at Michigan State. They have been showing a lot of interest lately.”

that's not a real person.
'20 NY RB Tirek Murphy

giphy.gif

Reactions: vol4life03

VN Store

Back