Offensive Coordinator candidates

Yes. Unless Heupel has decided to let someone else come in and recreate the offense to be something different than HIS offense.
I don't understand this comment. Golesh was a B1G-style coach, mostly, before hooking up with Heupel at UCF. It's not like he was committed to a tempo offense for his whole career.

What makes you think a coach can't come in as OC without redoing the offense? Golesh came to UCF from Iowa State but didn't bring their offense.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
Does anyone know when Golesh actually began the playcalling duties or has he handled it since Coach Heupel has been here?

I remember Heupel saying he (himself) would be calling the plays at some early press conferences.

I got the impression Golesh was more heavily involved this year than last.

Kevin Decker

Fordham:
5000 passing yards
2340 rushing yards
58 passing TD’s
21 rushing TD’s

Over 7k yards & almost 80td’s (totally different level, but their talent is same level as who they play)

Also has experience as a TE coach

With Heupel’s system
Never heard of him til now. But yes, he installed Heupels offense!

Does anyone know when Golesh actually began the playcalling duties or has he handled it since Coach Heupel has been here?

I remember Heupel saying he (himself) would be calling the plays at some early press conferences.

I got the impression Golesh was more heavily involved this year than last.
Heupel did all/most last year. Then Golesh did this year.

Reactions: ERvolsfan
Never heard of him til now. But yes, he installed Heupels offense!

I’m sure Heupel will hire form within.

If not this is definitely who I think he should go for.

TE experience, knows the system, 7k yards and 80td’s……..at Tennessee with Heupel’s system……”could” do well with recruiting (because of the numbers).

If they promote from within maybe they go after a recruiter.

I’m sure Heupel will hire form within.

If not this is definitely who I think he should go for.

TE experience, knows the system, 7k yards and 80td’s……..at Tennessee with Heupel’s system……”could” do well with recruiting (because of the numbers).

If they promote from within maybe they go after a recruiter.
Coaches are lining up to join this staff. And I’m sure he has an eye for talent. Golesch added a lot of great run concepts to the Heupel/Halzle passing concepts. Halzle probably gets this but I would interview some folks.

I don't understand this comment. Golesh was a B1G-style coach, mostly, before hooking up with Heupel at UCF. It's not like he was committed to a tempo offense for his whole career.
He wasn't an OC until he got to UCF and even then only a "co" OC.

The names being thrown around are primarily guys who would want to come in and have control over what UT does. Hazle is about the same age and experience that Golesh was when Heupel promoted him.

Unless there's a deficiency that Hazle has not overcome then he is the likely, almost exclusive, choice.

What makes you think a coach can't come in as OC without redoing the offense? Golesh came to UCF from Iowa State but didn't bring their offense.
Again, he wasn't an OC at Iowa State. He was the TE coach.

He wasn't an OC until he got to UCF and even then only a "co" OC.

The names being thrown around are primarily guys who would want to come in and have control over what UT does. Hazle is about the same age and experience that Golesh was when Heupel promoted him.

Unless there's a deficiency that Hazle has not overcome then he is the likely, almost exclusive, choice.

Again, he wasn't an OC at Iowa State. He was the TE coach.
I don't think anyone would come to UT at this point and think they're going to control the offense.

I suggested Lebby, who would be pricy but has worked with Heupel. I agree Halzle may be ready and also understands what Heupel wants.

Reactions: grandjason
A friend said that a coworker heard that Gruden’s private plane landed at McGhee Tyson today. Brent Hubbs to confirm shortly.

VN Store

Back