Official Game Thread - SECT: Friday, 1pm (ESPN) vs. MSU

Lot of anger at Josiah and Santi, and fair enough, but Jonas getting absolutely bullied here is the biggest problem. It was happening in Maui at the start of the year, and it’s still happening, and it’s what will be our downfall later this month.
weakest big man ive ever seen...soft hands

Reactions: orange beard
All you ***hats that saying it’s over and ballgame. Go back to work.

This game is over. It's the Tennessee way. It's really just laughable at this point. Thinking we have a championship competitor at this point turned out to be another year of delusion.

We just can't make up for subpar players at a couple of spots.

looking forward to us being 2/25 from 3 in the second half
We are getting good looks the halfway down and popping out has hit us about 5 times. I believe JJJ has a certain spin on his shot that when it does hit the rim it pops out, its either all net or a miss. Even Gainey had one rim out his touch usually has a favorable rim, I guess it's just the Pat Adams jinx. 🤣

I think the reality of this team is they go as Dalton Knecht goes. If he’s on fire, the rest of the team will respond. If he’s cold as ice, the rest of the team will follow. Now I’m not saying that this deficit or potential loss is on him, but he made up for a lot of the inefficiencies that the rest of the team has. Unfortunately, one of the CBS commentators hit the nail on the head last weekend. The Vols are fools gold and one man teams don’t win tournaments.
We are unfortunately proving that “fools gold” narrative true with the showing against UK and State today. Not sure if the final stretch of games took a lot out of us or what, but we look as bad as we have all year the last 3 half’s of basketball.

let’s see if we wanna play this second half. It’s tournament time, time to wake up !! It’s like Tns offense disappears and we can’t keep up physically and our defense goes away.. completely asleep to the moment rn.

Mississippi St is not getting called for their contact fouls like we are. If they are this precise and effective on defense, they would not have 12 losses. The refs are making them look much better than what they are. We have played poorly, but we aren’t all of a sudden Vandy-like. Stop blaming this all on Rick Barnes! Sheesh!
Don’t complain about calls when you are shooting TWENTY PERCENT from the floor. Pathetic

Reactions: Score50
Forget about the officiating. Tennessee is just getting beat. I knew that Aidoo cannot play against a strong pivot man. He is too timid. Awaka is too short. Zeigler is firing scud missiles. So is JJJ. As for Vescovi, it is just more of the same. Mashack cannot cover their guards. Knecht has too many people covering him and he is lost right now. This is what is going to give TN a short NCAA tournament appearance.

Mississippi St is not getting called for their contact fouls like we are. If they are this precise and effective on defense, they would not have 12 losses. The refs are making them look much better than what they are. We have played poorly, but we aren’t all of a sudden Vandy-like. Stop blaming this all on Rick Barnes! Sheesh!
Okay…..so we blame the refs again. We can’t throw it in the ocean so let’s blame the refs. Geez gets so old with you guys every game. We suck. Call it like it is.

This game is over. It's the Tennessee way. It's really just laughable at this point. Thinking we have a championship competitor at this point turned out to be another year of delusion.

We just can't make up for subpar players at a couple of spots.

I won’t got that far, but your point about players is a good one. We refuse to let our youth get meaningful experience when the older guys start flailing.

I’d rather lose a game or two and get some guys ready with meaningful experience under the lights for times like these.

VN Store

Back