Official Game Thread - SECT: Friday, 1pm (ESPN) vs. MSU

Barnes needs to clear the bench and make a point to these guys.

They are getting boat raced on defense now. The least they could do is put up some effort on d.

If you have to make that point in March at the beginning of the SECT, you might as well wrap it up.

I love Barnes but he is not exempt from criticism. He did not have them ready and thats his job. We are seeing what this team will look like next year if he does not go out and find more than 1 shooter.
This. It’s embarrassing.. every year Tn fans get excited but you know the rest of the country just laughs and says wait til march… then we get put out in embarrassing fashion.

Cleary 1 team is trying to make a big statement for the committee. The other team just wants to take their regular season title and call it a year.

That would be a great point if we hadn't seen this same garbage offensive play most of the starting guards all season long

I love Barnes but he is not exempt from criticism. He did not have them ready and thats his job. We are seeing what this team will look like next year if he does not go out and find more than 1 shooter.
I don’t think this is totally on Barnes. Barnes didn’t envision Santi and Gainey stinking so bad. On paper you thought Santi and Gainey would be good shooters. Then Barnes believed he would have Dillone and Jefferson also available on the wing.

Worst I've seen this team play on both ends all year... too focused on the next game or the big tournament?

Just confusing, especially after losing to Kentucky. Expected a way better effort.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
I know Barnes is a man-to-man guy, but at some point when you’re getting beat repeatedly off the dribble, don’t you have to consider zoning it up?
I'm not sure how beneficial it would be for a team that hasn't played it to this point in the season, unless I'm forgetting an instance.

VN Store

Back