OFFICIAL: Jarrett Guarantano to start vs SC

He has thrown the ball better than Dormady in his short time. His game management issues will work out with some game time. Knowing he is the starter and having the whole game to get comfortable and develop a rhythm will make a huge difference.

Thrown better than Dormady? Last week he completed 5 passes against GEORGIA'S 2ND AND 3RD STRING for a total of 16 yards, after we were blown out.

He has shown absolutely nothing. And that running ability we have heard about; it has never shown up.

I hope he does great, but I will be totally shocked if he does.

And with Butch being as hard-headed as he is, we will have to be down by 30 points before he will go back to Dormady.

Afraid it is going to be messy.

Reactions: 1 person
Thrown better than Dormady? Last week he completed 5 passes against GEORGIA'S 2ND AND 3RD STRING for a total of 16 yards, after we were blown out.

He has shown absolutely nothing. And that running ability we have heard about; it has never shown up.

I hope he does great, but I will be totally shocked if he does.

And with Butch being as hard-headed as he is, we will have to be down by 30 points before he will go back to Dormady.

Afraid it is going to be messy.

I’ve wondered why he’s never ran much. He’s supposed to be dual threat, but the little he’s played, he’s not running.

Do u guys really think this leadership rep thing is funny??

Like the champions of life thing -- this would make TOTAL sense to me, IF Coach had said it AFTER winning a National Championship, or atleast after playing in ATL (for example: "while these guys may have won 11 games this year, what is really more important to me and this program, is that they are ON THE ROAD to becoming life champions. Now, next year, let's win 12 games, or more !).

Likewise, this "leadership reps" thingy after a 41-0 beat-down from GA is just awkward timing, imo.

Just to put it all in perspective and so you won't be surprised:

Worley's first start and a few thereafter sucked.
Dobbs first start against Mizzou his freshman year sucked as he held the ball too long and was sacked a billion times. He plays on Sundays now!
Peterman's first start vs. Florida in the swamp was horrible as we all know. He plays on Sundays now!

Hopefully the learning curve is deep but either way, we need to be patient and other members of Offense and Defense need to step up their game for JG.

Take a look at the schedule and ask yourself IF we get good QB play from JG, what are our chances rest of the way. Personally with how D has played better (without having to be left on the field all game), if offense can be decent we have chance to win all rest of games but one. Highly unlikely, but man, I really don't care who the coach is, if it's Jones, fine...I want to see some good football from my Vols...

Reactions: 6 people
It's an incredibly unfair situation for JG. Being thrown to the wolves with a team that's going to be unmotivated at best and outright quit at worst. I would absolutely love to be wrong...... and I'm going to watch every second and hope ......but this has all the makings of a disaster for JG. And then add to it that CBJ is irrational. If it's not going well look for CBJ to pull JG and screw things up even further.....if that's possible

How is it unfair ? That’s ridiculous.

Coming off a bye week - at home against an inferior SC team is the best time to give him a shot. Would you rather we wait and Start him at Bama ?

Reactions: 3 people
Take a look at the schedule and ask yourself IF we get good QB play from JG, what are our chances rest of the way. Personally with how D has played better (without having to be left on the field all game), if offense can be decent we have chance to win all rest of games but one. Highly unlikely, but man, I really don't care who the coach is, if it's Jones, fine...I want to see some good football from my Vols...

Hope we get to see some of that straight line speed from JG. If he gets loose, he may be gone.

It's an incredibly unfair situation for JG. Being thrown to the wolves with a team that's going to be unmotivated at best and outright quit at worst. I would absolutely love to be wrong...... and I'm going to watch every second and hope ......but this has all the makings of a disaster for JG. And then add to it that CBJ is irrational. If it's not going well look for CBJ to pull JG and screw things up even further.....if that's possible

I don't follow your logic. So you think it's better to let him ride the pine and come out next year with little to no experience?

I don't know who's better for the record. But, the East is lost this year. Not sure there could be a better time to find out what we got from our #2 guy. He needs game experience and with a little luck, one of these guys will come out ready to have our team compete for the East crown next year. We have to figure it out now or else next year won't be any better.

Reactions: 2 people
How is it unfair ? That’s ridiculous.

Coming off a bye week - at home against an inferior SC team is the best time to give him a shot. Would you rather we wait and Start him at Bama ?

He's not prepared. Because he hasn't been prepared by the coaching staff. He hasn't earned this start. Because he hasn't received any coaching or outperformed QD. The team is imploding. The only reason he's starting now is the coaching staff is grasping at straws.

Fair to JG would have been half of the GT game.
Fair would have been Half of Florida. Fair would have been an early season start.

This has disaster written all over it. This kid has been set up to fail by an incompetent coach. Let's pray that the breaks go his way and he gets some early success. I'm really hoping this kid can overcome the nearly insurmountable odds that stacked against him. Because if he plays the way he has in his limited time so far.....it's going to be brutal. Not just on Volnation but everywhere else.

The treatment of this kid is the very definition of unfair. But what else should we expect from this coach.

if he plays well, will you at least admit you don't know ****? i mean i know this already, but just asking

I hope he plays well.
I'll be the first to say I was wrong....that his natural talent overcame bad coaching and a team that's all but quit.

VN Store

Back