Official Jon Gruden Thread 50

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched or attended every game that Dooley and Jones coached unless I had a family or other obligation that prevented it. I tried as hard as could to prevent those obligations. Next year, has Jones been the coach, it would have been the same.

I am an alumnus of the university. My wife is an alumnus. I was born into a Vol family and married into a Vol family. My in-laws held season tickets from 1959 until my MIL was diagnosed with Alzheimer's in 2009. Many in my family still hold season tickets.

I say all of that to say that it's not something that I can just turn off.

No one can. And that's a beautiful thing.

By the way....Pruitt can not turn his off either.

Reactions: 2 people
I wanted Gruden as much as anybody. I agreed with every positive about him that that was discussed. But, I do have a question for all of the "fans" who are now "out":

Are you going to stay out? You have to at least consider the possibility that Pruitt will win. Personally, I think he has a pretty good chance. I also think he'll have tough, edgy teams that will be fun to watch.

So, are you out for good? I hope so. I can't stand a fair weather fan.

Far be it from me to label anyone a fair weather fan. Folks handle things differently and I'm no "better" a fan than anyone else. That being said, I stated several pages back that I can't comprehend how someone can just turn it off and be done with it, simply because we hired a coach that wasn't among the candidates that I wanted.

And who cares where the guy is from? Winning is all that matters.

No one can. And that's a beautiful thing.

By the way....Pruitt can not turn his off either.

Pruitt is a coach. He sees it very differently than we do as fans. Yes, he grew up a "Bamer and played there. There is no doubt that there's will always be something in his heart for Alabama. But, it will not affect his coaching in anyway.

Reactions: 1 person
Pruitt is a coach. He sees it very differently than we do as fans. Yes, he grew up a "Bamer and played there. There is no doubt that there's will always be something in his heart for Alabama. But, it will not affect his coaching in anyway.

Mr. SFD coached his alma mater's rival before coaching at his alma mater. He did better (players were better) at the rival. But we talked about it this morning...he worked equally hard at both, but the losses at his alma mater hurt worse. Of course there were more of them, so..

I’m liking the endorsements thus far. The negativity has been pretty much relegated to this thread. Shocker.

Attachments

• BB92C2E0-4BA8-4E42-BD74-9A46AD56188D.jpg
    BB92C2E0-4BA8-4E42-BD74-9A46AD56188D.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 7
Good luck coach. Burn all your bammer swag...

TN_Head_Coach_Pruitt_Graphic.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
I come to the message board to talk about the team I love and support. You?

No you didn't. You came to this THREAD to rub people's nose in it. You knew people would be angry and rightfully so and you cane to get your kicks. No different than the so called trolls you are calling out.

Reactions: 10 people

This is where we will have to agree to disagree. There is no way he will have the fire during Bama week that a coach with orange blood would. He has spent 40 years despising everything related to the Vols. He may be able to flip his coaching switch, but he will never be able to flip the ingrained to the core switch.

Reactions: 3 people
Hey fluffy boy, you come for some gloating...haha.
Glad you came around, it helps realize things could always be worse.

Apparently I took you off ignore for some reason, probably when you were talking out of both sides of your mouth a while back. I'll fix that right now.

There he is! Man you are obsessed with me.

been a longggg 2 months and I waved bye to this thread early AM so call me ignorant if one wishes but I will officially leave this thread when I see who is at the podium.

Until then, Gruden to the Hill....Ride or Die :superman:

Reactions: 3 people
He will not answer. I asked him earlier. I'm now changing my guess to "under 21".

I was just curious from a Tennessee perspective. Not necessarily how he is acting. I wouldnt expect someone that wasn't here for the good times to understand our anger.

I have enjoyed this thread since it began over 5 years ago. Sorry to see it end in this manner. Thanks to all the OG’s for the gamut of emotions I have experienced over the last couple of months. I needed this thread to get me through this wretched season. Hoping for better things to come (even if it does not included Gruden as HC). And with that, I am out.

If Hugh Freeze comes as OC, then I will feel better about things. Ole Miss has had some great passing offenses since he was there.

well that didn't take long !

[twitter]https://twitter.com/VolsScotchGolf/status/938814196233396224[/twitter]

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back