Official Jon Gruden Thread XLIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our last Grude morning. Looking like it's going to be a Pruitt hire. We need superior defense to win an SEC championship just as the 1998 season demonstrated. Hoping for the best and let's get behind whoever it is. GBO!

Did anything happen last night or overnight regarding Gruden? Any drive by's by our insiders or are they still MIA

I am still wishing there is a way to get Gruden, but my meter is almost bottomed out. If it has to be Tucker or Pruitt please let it be Tucker. Pruitt is Bama thru and thru. He’s only spent one year outside that God- forsaken state since he played there. Also, the last time we hired a Bama DC, that didn’t work out so well.

Reactions: 2 people
Does anyone know what happened with Miles? He's not Gruden but at least we we would know what we are getting with him.

Just cannot believe that someone as orange-blooded as Fulmer will hire a Bammer. Gotta be a smokescreen. Soon.

Phil pushing Bammer buttons by stealing their DC. Sounds about right.

This might turn out to be a great hire. He's got good credentials and thick skin (which you need) He's a cocky SOB.

Depends on his assistants.

Did anything happen last night or overnight regarding Gruden? Any drive by's by our insiders or are they still MIA

Allegedly Gruden said “NO”

Beav posted a “shocked and stunned” Tweet and immediately removed it

DTO came in and said “He said no guys” and then left

Reactions: 1 person
Care to elaborate?
Don't usually talk this early in the morning but for you I'll make an exception....that was only a reaction from reading the posts/mood of the evening shift up to now. However, a guy outside the Oval office let me know last night We are down to a Royal or Straight and I'm fine with that. I realize that's nothing earth shattering for this group, been here way too long with too many ups and downs. I have chose to simply have fun, enjoy what others bring and have chose not to be dinner for the hiena pack. Bottom line for me is, if I wish to have real good seats next year, I have to be like Fulmer and hold what I was told close to my chest !

Gruden till it's not !

Reactions: 3 people
I am still wishing there is a way to get Gruden, but my meter is almost bottomed out. If it has to be Tucker or Pruitt please let it be Tucker. Pruitt is Bama thru and thru. He’s only spent one year outside that God- forsaken state since he played there. Also, the last time we hired a Bama DC, that didn’t work out so well.

Last time we went all in on Gruden, that didn't go so well either. Yet here we are.

There’s absolutely no reason for him to at this point.
If Pruitt works out he won’t get a shot
If he fails he’s likely fired

Which makes no sense for Pruitt either. The moment it all goes south, fans will question why Tee wasn’t given his chance. It’s just dumb to force a coach on another coach. Unless you did have some arrangement with Gruden or
Miles. Either way, I’m disappointed today.

Don't usually talk this early in the morning but for you I'll make an exception....that was only a reaction from reading the posts/mood of the evening shift up to now. However, a guy outside the Oval office let me know last night We are down to a Royal or Straight and I'm fine with that. I realize that's nothing earth shattering for this group, been here way too long with too many ups and downs. I have chose to simply have fun, enjoy what others bring and have chose not to be dinner for the hiena pack. Bottom line for me is, if I wish to have real good seats next year, I have to be like Fulmer and hold what I was told close to my chest !

Gruden till it's not !

Thank you.

Well I would say they are correct. Gruden just does not wanna coach anymore I don't think. At least in college. Just makes me mad he trolls us, and will not put Grumors to rest.

At this point no ome knows until the announcement.

I hope we hear we threw the bank at him and he just said no, but, would have been nice to hear something sooner than now.

See if he addresses anything on radio. Wait. See. Same old same old.

Hey guys and gals,I know this may not be the place but I sure could use ya'lls prayers this morning. My beautiful Grandmother passed this morning. She was 94 and the biggest Lady Vol fan that has ever been. I'm just numb right now

Prayers for you.

There’s absolutely no reason for him to at this point.
If Pruitt works out he won’t get a shot
If he fails he’s likely fired

If he's successful he will be Sabans replacement when he retires. That should be fun. Yay.

But I seriously doubt he will be successful. He doesn't have the name recognition to win recruiting battles against his competitors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back