Official Jon Gruden Thread XLVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Charlie Burris was just talking on Swain event to someone about Fulmer being in Cincy maybe talking to Gruden yesterday, MAYBE!!

Reactions: 1 person
It’s definitely going to come to a head soon. I think I just need a crumb, a tidbit to get me through the day lol. One thing can be said: This has been a story for the ages if it comes to fruition.

Girl, I agree. This whole process feels like it’s been going on for eternity.

Soon!

Reactions: 4 people
I abandoned the Gruden thread after the Schiano debacle. It seems there is a renewed hope. Can someone catch me up with some GrudeNews this morning? Is he a real candidate with Phil taking over?

images

images

Translation....YES!

Reactions: 2 people
I was never fond of the PF to AD move. I believe it was an easy way for Davenport to take heat off of herself. I sure hope I'm wrong but the rumors of a Les hire worry me a great deal. I'm starting to believe in my lifetime I'll never see the Vols back where they belong. Les and a bunch of VFL's is not an inspiring hire. Every damn time I think I'm out of the woods, BOOM right back in the middle again. This is getting VERY old!
Please for the love of god, hire Blackburn.

Saw it posted here Blackburn may not be an option for AD after leaving UTC. May have burned a bridge on the way out.

I was never fond of the PF to AD move. I believe it was an easy way for Davenport to take heat off of herself. I sure hope I'm wrong but the rumors of a Les hire worry me a great deal. I'm starting to believe in my lifetime I'll never see the Vols back where they belong. Les and a bunch of VFL's is not an inspiring hire. Every damn time I think I'm out of the woods, BOOM right back in the middle again. This is getting VERY old!
Please for the love of god, hire Blackburn.

Don’t take this the wrong way, but I’m curious to know how old you are....there seems to be a disconnect between some of the younger folks and the old guard. The younger ones don’t necessarily remember what PF did for this university.

My jury is out on Les. I do think he’s a bit long in the tooth. I’m not sure propping him up with a great staff will help. I DO love the idea of having a lot of the VFL crew in our coaching ranks. There’s something to be said for folks who understand truly what it means to “Give their all for Tennessee”.

Miles is not the explosive hire we are hoping for but instead a safe hire to stabilize the program. If Gruden doesn’t want the job then perhaps a short tenure for Miles is the ticket.

I don’t know. Haven’t had enough coffee and I’ve got the Monday blues lol.

Reactions: 3 people
This thread used to be the best... I couldn't stay off of it... now when I come here I feel like we have all went 10 rounds with mike Tyson and now we are all just staggering around waiting on the bell to ring... lol Go Vols

Reactions: 2 people
As bad as I hate to say it, I do think Ohio State should have been there over Alabama. Do I think Alabama is deserving, yes (and I hate to say that also). But my biggest gripe is that we once again have a scenario where a team could win the National Championship but was not a conference champion. To me, it devalues the conference championship.

Agree, but there’s this place called IOWA. :yes:

Reactions: 5 people
Ok. Just got caught up sitting in the surgery center here waiting to be taken to pre-op. Don't let them announce anyone other than Gruden while I am out and under the knife.

And please ignore any posts I may make later today. I will be under the influence of heavy pain meds.

SOON.

In our thoughts and prayers.

Beg to differ, GV - it's all about Gruden.

And this thread turned 48 whilst I was sleeping.

Soon.

Yeah, at this stage of the game and still no word from Gruden I was disappointed to see the 5% allotment for Grude News.

Gruden till it ain't

Don’t take this the wrong way, but I’m curious to know how old you are....there seems to be a disconnect between some of the younger folks and the old guard. The younger ones don’t necessarily remember what PF did for this university.

My jury is out on Les. I do think he’s a bit long in the tooth. I’m not sure propping him up with a great staff will help. I DO love the idea of having a lot of the VFL crew in our coaching ranks. There’s something to be said for folks who understand truly what it means to “Give their all for Tennessee”.

Miles is not the explosive hire we are hoping for but instead a safe hire to stabilize the program. If Gruden doesn’t want the job then perhaps a short tenure for Miles is the ticket.

I don’t know. Haven’t had enough coffee and I’ve got the Monday blues lol.

I'm not certain Les knows what day it is. I picture him at practice still wearing Lsu garb

Project Mangler, I mean manager.

Was an iron worker in my younger days

Lol. Mangler. I'm a crane operator myself. I work with and around a bunch of other crafts. Working with some Ironworkers now that have talked about working there. I'm annual at Arnold.

This thread used to be the best... I couldn't stay off of it... now when I come here I feel like we have all went 10 rounds with mike Tyson and now we are all just staggering around waiting on the bell to ring... lol Go Vols

I feel like that’s a fairly adequate description after last week. We need some Grude news in here!

Beaver, give us some Grude news please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back