Official Jon Gruden Thread XX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not buying it MIT and if he's hired I'll gladly come back here and apologize to you. I'll be so thrilled if we land Gruden you can rub my nose in it all you want.

Reactions: 1 person
if they mess around this hire, i'm out.
that don't make me a fair weather fan, nor a bandwagon fan either.
it just means that i'm tired of said sandwich you were talking about.

they get it right this time, or a buncha people will check out.

don't misunderstand me when i say this, i'll watch from home, but i won't spend money, i won't wear stuff, i won't keep up with recruiting or podcasts, i won't care.

my thinking is that it's the old hands (as it were) that were around in the 90's that'll check out, while the newer fans that think an 8 win season is an accomplishment that will fill (or not) the stadium.

i know i ain't the only one that feels this way.

But if three coaches changes later they get it right you will be back. Wearing your gear.

I really, really want to thank you for coming in here to set us straight!! I think u and a few others are in here looking for ecredso if it all falls through you can show up and say SEE, I told u that guy was FOS!!

Haha, I don’t give a crap about the precious ecred you all race over. I’ve been the one constantly saying I think he’s trolling everyone. If he’s wrong how about this, I won’t come back to these threads and mention him. If he’s right I’ll gladly come and say what an idiot I am. You wanna do the same?

Reactions: 6 people
Is MIT an actual insider? I'm seeing that people are believing what he's preaching, can someone catch me up on the story? I've been working all day.

So MIT Beaver is the lone Positive one now? Very sad. Tennessee fans have had more than enough gut punches to last many lifetimes and I am effing sick of it. Don't go to the damn games the rest of the season- maybe just maybe that will get UT's attention that we are sick of this.

Reactions: 2 people
Is MIT an actual insider? I'm seeing that people are believing what he's preaching, can someone catch me up on the story? I've been working all day.

Just a random poster like the rest of us. Hopefully one that has good info. No reason to believe him but might as well, it’s more fun than watching us play.

But if three coaches changes later they get it right you will be back. Wearing your gear.

see, that's where you may be right, may be wrong.
If people get disinterested in it, and get involved in something else, they won't care enough to come back.

the longer they stay disinterested, the less likely they can be won back.

it's people.

same for church for example. if they ever get disinterested, the longer they stay disinterested, the harder it will be to get them back involved.

if people fill the UT football void with something else, and start enjoying it, they won't be likely to be back, they'll be doing this new thing they enjoy.

Apparently the Browns have heard about Gruden and Manning coming to Cleveland.
They are playing inspired and resilient football taking the Titans to overtime.

Reactions: 3 people

Not everyone is believing, and he’s literally said nothing before someone comes and says “he’s been right about everything”. He said butch is fired, and Gruden is hired, both haven’t happened. He also claims to know contract details, and if you question him a few will attack you for even being in the thread at all.

Reactions: 5 people

No new revelations. Just one person’s word vs. another. Established insiders are posting the same thing as yesterday, but the misinformation conspiracy theory exists.

I know. Larry literally laid it himself out there ON A MESSAGE BOARD just to prove he wasn’t what some people were saying. I respect that. I don’t agree with his info but I respect him for it. If this guy has a shred of dignity and is a fellow Vol, he’ll do something similar. If not, we all know.

I respectfully disagree. I was fascinated to read Larry's post, but it's ridiculous that someone has to essentially strip naked here to be allowed to post what they've heard.

It's a message board. Eve when posters are accurately repeated what they were told, AND their sources were given info that was accurate at the time, stuff changed anyway.

If I think someone is trolling, I just roll my eyes and move on. If they get to me, I put them on ignore. I'm not about to demand that someone give up their anonymity.

Reactions: 4 people
So MIT Beaver is the lone Positive one now? Very sad. Tennessee fans have had more than enough gut punches to last many lifetimes and I am effing sick of it. Don't go to the damn games the rest of the season- maybe just maybe that will get UT's attention that we are sick of this.

He's not the lone positive, but he's the lone positive saying the things that people want to hear.

Edit: people would rather take the easy nuggets than engage in critical thought.

Reactions: 4 people

I am afraid another one is coming. I do not think that the AD is well out in front of this at all. I think he will play behind the chains like his predecessors. My confidence is shot.

I respectfully disagree. I was fascinated to read Larry's post, but it's ridiculous that someone has to essentially strip naked here to be allowed to post what they've heard.

It's a message board. Eve when posters are accurately repeated what they were told, AND their sources were given info that was accurate at the time, stuff changed anyway.

If I think someone is trolling, I just roll my eyes and move on. If they get to me, I put them on ignore. I'm not about to demand that someone give up their anonymity.

The only way to play it IMO.

Reactions: 3 people
I really, really want to thank you for coming in here to set us straight!! I think u and a few others are in here looking for ecredso if it all falls through you can show up and say SEE, I told u that guy was FOS!!

Nope. Most are here for fun. And it's tounge and cheek. New people who show up claiming to be insiders are fans of other programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back