Official Orange and White Game Thread -1:00 PM, SEC+

Really hoping the secondary can just hold on a few more times this year. I'm worried this team could be really good but lose multiple games due to the secondary at the end. I know expectations are low.

I love that Heupal is our coach and all but he made that game just like his press conferences. Uneventful and we learned nothing new.
Good.

Get em in, get em out, reveal nothing, avoid injuries.

No one has ever learned anything from a Spring game. If anything, folks that don't know it's meaningless come away with misleading impressions (Dormady going 10 for 10, Hooker looking useless in '21, etc). There's no such thing as learning from the O&W game. Just a great time for walkons to get to play in front of fans.

What have you learned from previous Orange & White Games??!!
Stuff and things. If I have to answer what you learn by watching players you haven't seen play before play then the conversation just isn't worth the effort. I'm aware this was a spring game. It just felt more like a joke than it ever has.

For those who asked.

Good.

Get em in, get em out, reveal nothing, avoid injuries.

No one has ever learned anything from a Spring game. If anything, folks that don't know it's meaningless come away with misleading impressions (Dormady going 10 for 10, Hooker looking useless in '21, etc). There's no such thing as learning from the O&W game. Just a great time for walkons to get to play in front of fans.
You learn plenty. You get to see with your own eyes how our players are progressing or you used too. Now you just get to see the pwo play.

The secondary may be more athletic but I think they have a long way to go in terms of learning the defense and execution
This is the one place to take advantage of spring portal. Pick up 1 or 2 more. Some of it is also scheme for this type of game.

Was anyone else disappointed in the number of plays? I know it's a spring game, but can we ar least see walk ons run more plays. It was a long trip for me and only got to watch what felt like 25 snaps.
They had a running clock in the 1st half.

Was anyone else disappointed in the number of plays? I know it's a spring game, but can we ar least see walk ons run more plays. It was a long trip for me and only got to watch what felt like 25 snaps.
They had a running clock in the 1st half.
Its a spring game more plays more chance for injury

The secondary may be more athletic but I think they have a long way to go in terms of learning the defense and execution
I think our WRs are going to be good enough to make a lot of defensive backfields look bad. We have a lot of talent out there and the QBs to get them the ball.

For those who asked.

At my age a "wonky stream" is just a normal thing. Freak, you're the Toast of Vol Nation. :cool:

Stuff and things. If I have to answer what you learn by watching players you haven't seen play before play then the conversation just isn't worth the effort. I'm aware this was a spring game. It just felt more like a joke than it ever has.
That’s a cop out answer. Name a few things we’ve really learned in spring games. I’ve been a Vol fan for over 60 years and have never learned anything of value from the spring game. Some have been more entertaining than others but nothing has come out of a game that was really news.

Reactions: Starchief13VFL
Really hoping the secondary can just hold on a few more times this year. I'm worried this team could be really good but lose multiple games due to the secondary at the end. I know expectations are low.
I read several posts talking about UT winning a Natty this year so there is that.

VN Store

Back