Official Smokey Greys for Music City Bowl

Who cares???? Vibes for Gatlinburg...Go Big Orange!!! Whip their a$$

GBO!!!

If you really care about the Smokey Mountain fire disaster, then donate your bowl trip money.

If you really care about the Smokey Mountain fire disaster, then donate your bowl trip money.

I would say that the players ultimately decided to wear the Smokey unis in honor of the victims. I don't believe that they have the authority to donate bowl money. Just a guess

Reactions: 5 people
My first reaction was that it is in poor taste. But, I have poor taste in everything except when I lucked into marrying my wife, so, I guess my opinion doesn't matter.

Reactions: 1 person
LULZ! You guys are always spoiling for an argument. If someone doesn't like the grey jerseys wgas?

Since it's a bowl, I wouldn't mind them trying the white pants with them just to see how they'd look.

Do you really think the people who lost everything care about what color UT wears in a bowl game? Looks like our values system has finally failed us here.

Im sure it will be mentioned several times, raising awareness to the issue which will likely bring in donations.

Reactions: 3 people
Crappy unis, crappy bowl, crappy outcome. Figures.

It's time to bury these pajamas forever.

I stand with 1982 Alum. He is right on all counts here.

Dam.

Last edited:
Many ways the school could honor those that suffered instead of a grey jersey symbolic move.

How about contributing some or all of the bowl payout to a recovery fund or the Red Cross for example? Bet the folks in East Tennessee would appreciate that more than some symbolism on TV that they probably can't watch due to no TV anymore.

Weak argument.

Or they could have done nothing at all. It may not be everything but it's something.

Quit your butching and just accept we had a disappointing season. Be glad we're even contending in the SEC again and made it to the top 25 this year.

Reactions: 2 people
Many ways the school could honor those that suffered instead of a grey jersey symbolic move.

How about contributing some or all of the bowl payout to a recovery fund or the Red Cross for example? Bet the folks in East Tennessee would appreciate that more than some symbolism on TV that they probably can't watch due to no TV anymore.

Weak argument.

How do you know there won't be a contribution to the recovery fund and/or Red Cross?

ASSume much?

:rock:
GBO!!!

Weak argument.

The old "give thousands of dollars or do absolutely nothing approach". Nice.

Dobbs and others on the team obviously care about the situation, have visited victims, and now want to do something in their honor to bring awareness. The people who decide the uniforms (players) are not the ones who control university money. Some people's lack of grasp on reality is baffling

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 people

Weak argument.

Isn't Butch donating his $100,000 he received for making it to the bowl to Gatlinburg?

Reactions: 1 person
Or they could have done nothing at all. It may not be everything but it's something.

Quit your butching and just accept we had a disappointing season. Be glad we're even contending in the SEC again and made it to the top 25 this year.

We got beat by Vandy, not sure that qualifies as contending for the SEC, and the only poll that still has us ranked is the CFP and we shouldnt be.

We got beat by Vandy, not sure that qualifies as contending for the SEC, and the only poll that still has us ranked is the CFP and we shouldnt be.

I guess it's a good thing you aren't on that committee. It is sad with 4 losses, but we were indeed contending for the SEC and he is kind of right.

1982 must have :censored: in his Cheerios see pic below

Attachments

• 656.gif
    656.gif
    39.6 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:

VN Store

Back