Official Statement Released

Fulmer:"It's important to all of us that Lady Vols basketball maintains its status among the elite."

Maintaining its status among the elite requires that we regain status among the elite.

Unfortunately this is true. If they can keep the current roster and recruits mostly intact though the next coach is going to have a great chance for success next season. The talent is there, they just need some direction and fire lit under them. I thought this needed to happen last season. We were sliding pretty bad then, now we done slid.

Of all the things that went wrong with Holly as head coach the one that did it for me, and that may have cost her the job, was going below .500 in the SEC. When I realized that was going to happen it just broke my heart, I could picture Pat Summit turning in her grave when they lost that game to Vandy at home.

I would like to take a moment and say sorry (for whatever it's worth) to Fulmer on behalf of many on this board. He most likely doesn't read, but still. We've had 100s of members claim that Fulmer didn't have the guts to fire Warlick, and he proved all of them wrong.
Now let's see if he can hire a good replacement. I say go all in for Waltz. We don't necessarily need a former LV or someone from Pat's tree. New ideas! New spirit! New traditions! Programs must evolve over time.

Of all the things that went wrong with Holly as head coach the one that did it for me, and that may have cost her the job, was going below .500 in the SEC. When I realized that was going to happen it just broke my heart, I could picture Pat Summit turning in her grave when they lost that game to Vandy at home.
It's not just that. The program didn't suffer because they couldn't get the players; they were still getting top recruits. The program suffered because Holly couldn't coach them.

Eh, I shall speak ill of the dead no more. Up and onward. Rooting for Louisville to lose soon so that Jeff can sign on the dotted line this weekend.

It's not just that. The program didn't suffer because they couldn't get the players; they were still getting top recruits. The program suffered because Holly couldn't coach them.

Eh, I shall speak ill of the dead no more. Up and onward. Rooting for Louisville to lose soon so that Jeff can sign on the dotted line this weekend.

I think you meant to respond to a different post? I didn’t mention the players.

Now lets hope Louisville loses their next game and if Walz is the man go get him!!

Dean staying through the transition would have who I would have guessed! He has been a trusted coach for a long time and a good guy from what I understand. Maybe Reeves can stay because she is a hell of a recruiter and I think Walz just lost his to a new head job!

Reactions: Smallvol#1
I think you meant to respond to a different post? I didn’t mention the players.
No, just adding to your statement as another issue besides just losing to Vandy. That for me was bigger problem...the fact that she lost to Vandy with a loaded roster.

Reactions: VolBall09
If Walz has already been promised the job, wpoldn't it make more sense to want Louisville to win?

Having a championship on the resume could only enhance recruiting.

Reactions: lonelawyer
If Walz has already been promised the job, wpoldn't it make more sense to want Louisville to win?

He has recruited pretty well so far and he did not have the LV name to recruit to. JMHO as always!

I’m inclined to want him to make the FF at least because I think it will give our current players and recruits confidence if he is indeed the next coach. Whomever it may be is going to have to count on whoever comes back buying in to their system. Heck of a lot easier to do when you just went to the Final Four. Makes them believe they can do it too.

Reactions: tntar heel
He has recruited pretty well so far and he did not have the LV name to recruit to. JMHO as always!

True, but I want him to get the UCONN players who beat his teams 15 out of 16 times.

It's like the old movie trope where almost all of a tenderfoot group agree to hire the mean-looking guy with facial scars to be their bodyguard.

Until someone else pipes up and says, "I want to hire the guy who gave him those scars."

VN Store

Back