Official: UT hires Kim Caldwell as the new coach for Lady Vols basketball

While true, she has been in D2 for most of her career. Who is even known big in D2? She was at Marshall, a very small D1 school for one year. Time will tell, but hope she brings us back to prominence.
She can win some of the fans back by killing it in the portal. Do that, and you’ll have everyone’s attention.

But I’ll ultimately decide how’s she going to do here when SEC play starts and how she does then.

Yeah and the troll game is weak af
Seriously? Just got you to back track on covering Kamilla . I didn’t backtrack
Raven is one of the best PGs in the game that does what is needed for her team to win and just guided them to an undefeated championship.
one of the best doesn’t mean the best. And there is the difference…thanks for playing. You words, not mine.

Reactions: VolFuture
Seriously? Just got you to back track on covering Kamilla . I didn’t backtrack

one of the best doesn’t mean the best. And there is the difference…thanks for playing. You words, not mine.
I never backtracked on Kamilla lol what our coaching decision has to do with her being an elite post is beyond me.

I’m going to allow you to continue talking into the wind now as most people do on here. Have a good day!

Reactions: TrippieRedd
Actually I’m not. I personally don’t value the term “elite” in the same category of just really good players. Majority of D1 in any sport is really good vs. 1%
You can call Raven whatever, call her a nannygoat. It's all sematics. I call her the kind of player we have not been able to get and who we desperately need to get back to where we need to be. I also call her an undefeated national champion.

I never backtracked on Kamilla lol what our coaching decision has to do with her being an elite post is beyond me.

I’m going to allow you to continue talking into the wind now as most people do on here. Have a good day!
You stated should have guarded her in her “fluke” elite moment.

Have a good day, don’t confuse elite with common as you go about today.

You can call Raven whatever, call her a nannygoat. It's all sematics. I call her the kind of player we have not been able to get and who we desperately need to get back to where we need to be. I also call her an undefeated national champion.
Don’t disagree, but I wouldn’t label her elite or a program builder/changer.

Being picky so it fits their narrative

I'm trying to judge whether his definition of elite is reasonable. If we go with 1% of D1 athletes, we're talking about roughly 50 elite women's basketball players each year. Let's assume that they're all in power five conferences. That would mean roughly 10-15 elite players in the SEC each year. So the definition would seem to be that your all SEC first and second team are elite.

Reactions: spojo13
Being picky so it fits their narrative
Sure, the narrative is elite isn’t for the common player/really good player.

Nobody is confusing RJ with Spear

One is elite and the other is a really good player. In a pick up game and you have first pick, we know who everyone is getting.

1% of what? All D1 players? So, 45 - 50 elite players in any given year?
Power 5 has 65 teams. On average 12-13 players. Per any given class year you’re looking at less than 8. Numbers can vary but that’ll give a gauge. Covid years log jamming up additional players

The term elite is tainted here. Define elite, mine is the Top 1% type players.

Elite
C. Clark
R. Jackson
Paige B.
Juju W.

feel free to add

Most teams have athletes
Anyone on SC in that category? Really good players/athletes, outstanding team of depth in waves.
I would add
Angel Reese
Lauren Betts
Kiki Iriafen
Hanna Hidalgo

And this is the last thing I’ll say on it. Yes, it’s fine to have lower ranked players on your team that buy into your system/phliosphy, but you NEED elite players around them to win. Example A is Marshall getting ran off the court against VT, it really is that simple.
I am so tired of hearing about VT. That is like comparing a Nascar Truck being driven by Dale Earnhardt getting beat in a Nascar Cup Race. It doesn’t matter how good the driver(coach/system) is, it just does not have the horsepower(athletes) to beat the cup car.

Marshal will never have the players to consistently beat the bigger D1 schools. Maybe they win every now and then but consistently No. Blame it on the system/coach because Marshall got beat by VT. CRAZY

I am so tired of hearing about VT. That is like comparing a Nascar Truck being driven by Dale Earnhardt getting beat in a Nascar Cup Race. It doesn’t matter how good the driver(coach/system) is, it just does not have the horsepower(athletes) to beat the cup car.

Marshal will never have the players to consistently beat the bigger D1 schools. Maybe they win every now and then but consistently No. Blame it on the system/coach because Marshall got beat by VT. CRAZY
Without Kitley they aren’t very good., that’s like taking Rickea off our team.

Yeah those stats on the scorer of the decade, but still just a solid, dime a dozen player, right?
Good stat line. Dime a dozen player on a National Championship team. 3 pts, 3 assist, 5 boards and 4 steals is productive

CC dropped 30 for the game

Last edited:
Raven gave up 30 the other night. Solid player and has the big trophy to show now.
Clark scored 7 on Raven when she was her primary defender. SC had 9 AA and 10 5 star players on their roster.

Last edited:
You can be elite wo going top 3, esp you're Jr yr. Don't know about the need for pgs and how they're valued, but I'll bet she'll be way up there next year. If she improves as much this offseason as she did last she'll be a very high draft pick IMO.
Raven was a sophomore this year.

VN Store

Back