Official WBB NCAA tournament thread 2024

Well, that loss means a month of planned programming down the drain....
Oh, we’re getting a full court press run. From draft night to her stepping foot inside the Fever’s facility to her first practice to a follow Caitlyn as she gets ready for her first game. Which will immediately be followed a Caitlyn 30 for 30. Holly’s job is not done yet. The devil works hard, but dang it does Holly work harder.

Reactions: madtownvol
Iowa is a very good team. For all her scoring skills, Clark is a brilliant passer--though a bit careless occasionally. South
Carolina just had too much talent, depth, athleticism and size. They were making threes and more assertive offensively than they were in either
of the two games they played against us. I thought SC was really strangely tentative in both of those games--and how ironic that we
were the one team that had them beat. That would have been a nice bit of publicity for us in the tourney--but no!

Iowa is a very good team. For all her scoring skills, Clark is a brilliant passer--though a bit careless occasionally. South
Carolina just had too much talent, depth, athleticism and size. They were making threes and more assertive offensively than they were in either
of the two games they played against us. I thought SC was really strangely tentative in both of those games--and how ironic that we
were the one team that had them beat. That would have been a nice bit of publicity for us in the tourney--but no!
Clark is a competitor and this tournament highlighted the weak spots in her game. I bet she looks like a different player when she debuts on the WNBA.

I also would like Iowa to return to irrelevance. A perfect storm of whiny players and entitled fans, but I’m also petty!

I don’t particularly want SC to win, but I am very moved by the Raven Johnson revenge story.
Iowa Hawkeyes
Class 23 #84 Ava Jones ESPN top 100

Class 24
#40 Ava Heiden
# 58 aailys Guyton
# 64 Teagah Mailegn

Class 25
Addison Neil #12

Just in Case Caitlin Clark backs out of the WNBA
Iowa Hawkeyes will have some Talent to play Tennesse next year.
@brittannica Just have some fun . Like how you post.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Raven was/is incredible. Shut CC down, great D. But she totally needs to shut down the revenge narrative. It was one wave. You’re far beyond that now.
Some players look for any little thing to motivate them. Got the job done for her I guess. Her defense was stellar, but clearly Clark was right and she wasn't worth guarding with hier 1-11 shooting night lol.

Feagin will be a more than adequate replacement for Cardoso.

Fulwiley and Johnson are going to be a problem. Neither one of those ladies played like freshmen today.
You think? A mobile 6'7 post with soft hands doesn't come around every day. Feagin has to work harder in the paint for her points and doesn't offer the same brick wall defense as Cardoso.

I agree that SC will be the favorite to repeat, but they are vulnerable to teams with balanced scoring and a big post presence (however few of those are out there)

Raven was/is incredible. Shut CC down, great D. But she totally needs to shut down the revenge narrative. It was one wave. You’re far beyond that now.
Meh…the media played up the revenge narrative for Iowa versus LSU.

What’s good for Caitlin is good for Raven.

Who could stand to watch Purdue and UConn anyway? Two very hatable teams.

Edey really is dislikable and I can’t put my finger on why. It’s not really has play or the way he’s officiated. Just something about his persona and vibe I don’t like.
Please stop 🤣

Reactions: VolBall09

VN Store

Back