Oklahoma atmosphere may rival California

I can't wait...could care less about "checkered Neyland"...I will be there and it is MY responsibility to return the favor from last Fall in Norman...from some Okie friends. ALL the Sooner fans were GREAT! I hope we return the hospitality I received. 'Cept...I want us to Whoopdeyazzes!

Need 4 tickets BTW...NAME YOUR PRICE!

I'll never forget that game. It could possibly be the loudest overall game I have ever attended. I'll never forget the electricity in the bathroom after the 1st quarter. Folks were screaming and yelling in the bathroom. One guy yelled "Tennessee is back baby!" And got an array of cheers. I can still feel the place shaking as Meachem ran down the sideline for the TD. Go Vols!!!

IMO this guy just proved that the Cal game was the loudest bathroom experience in the history of Neyland bar none. i was not in that bathroom to corroborate but his story is good enough for me. :hi::pepper:

Reactions: 1 person
I wish whoever deals with their PR department on Twitter Instagram and facebook would call for fans to stand up and be loud. I think it would really help to get everyone making noise. like #beloud volnation #givemyallfortennessee

I wish whoever deals with their PR department on Twitter Instagram and facebook would call for fans to stand up and be loud. I think it would really help to get everyone making noise. like #beloud volnation #givemyallfortennessee

If that is required... that is pathetic!

Classy bunch

@TeranJ_VLZ: Dobbs will make em pay in September, IMHO. RT @PopcornSutton__: "OU SAE Racist Chant: http://t.co/eYDKpWh2FR"

This is the biggest intersectional game outside of Oregon-Michigan State on that weekend. I can see one of the two kicking off at 8 pm on ABC and the other kicking off at 8 pm on ESPN.

This is the biggest intersectional game outside of Oregon-Michigan State on that weekend. I can see one of the two kicking off at 8 pm on ABC and the other kicking off at 8 pm on ESPN.

Hoping they are at different times. Also Oregon Mich State could be a 3:30 game or we could be at 3:30. Would love to watch both.

If that is required... that is pathetic!

I feel like it's honestly the sad truth. I remember being at the uf game last year and on huge third downs and key plays on defense it looked like not even half of the crowd down there (in y9) was making noise. I just wish we could get a few more of the old folks fired up Idk what it's gonna take? Maybe if Butch personally asks the fans in a press conference or something

I wonder how much tickets to this game will cost. I'd like to go to one of three Oklahoma, ARK, or UGA

I feel like it's honestly the sad truth. I remember being at the uf game last year and on huge third downs and key plays on defense it looked like not even half of the crowd down there (in y9) was making noise. I just wish we could get a few more of the old folks fired up Idk what it's gonna take? Maybe if Butch personally asks the fans in a press conference or something

I was there too and if you're talking about the 4th quarter then this "old folk" and anyone who has been around this program for the past quarter century knew how that story was going to end.

That darn auto-correct it zapps me all the time too!

Auto correct for England should be Neyland!

this will probably be the ESPN night game. CBS will still be doing the US Open and SEC doesn't go on ABC unless they are on the road.

Last edited:
Hoping this is a 5PM kickoff just like that Cal game as well. That was a perfect kick off time.

99 Notre Dame was a great atmosphere and a distant second but 06 Cal is within a doubt the most electric I've ever seen Neyland during a non-conference game. If we can pull off anything even closely resembling that when OU comes to town, then it should be a great night.

99 Notre Dame was a great atmosphere and a distant second but 06 Cal is within a doubt the most electric I've ever seen Neyland during a non-conference game. If we can pull off anything even closely resembling that when OU comes to town, then it should be a great night.

Definitely can see it being on that level. That was Cut's first game back as OC and helped add to it even more. But there hasn't been this much hype about TN football in a long time and being the first home game on top of everything else it could be electric.

VN Store

Back