OL Eligibility

mitzustu

Our offensive line has a large number of Seniors. It’ll easily be our biggest off-season question mark. Below I’ve listed everyone that’s a senior on our roster.

Does anyone know who has eligibility remaining due to COVID year or other reasons?

John Campbell
Javontaz Spraggins
Jeremiah Crawford
Cooper Mays
Parker Ball
Dayne Davis
Jackson Lampley
Ollie Lane

If the entire list is gone your only returning Starters are:

Gerald Mincey
Andre Karic

We do have a few bodies (8):
Shad Umarov 6’7 320
Larry Johnson 6’7 348
Brian Grant 6’7 329
Addison Nichols 6’5 327
Masai Reddick 6’5 340
Ayden Bussell 6’5 295
Mo Clipper 6’5 308
Vysen Lang 6’4 337

But we carried 18 OL this year. So we can almost certainly expect a couple of transfers in with 10 of note returning. We have 4 committed. We could see 2-4 transfers at this position alone.

Last edited:
Same issue with the DL.

That's why they need to have a really solid season this year because next year I expect a struggle and fans will grumble if 2 years in a row of 7-5/8-4.

Our offensive line has a large number of Seniors. It’ll easily be our biggest off-season question mark. Below I’ve listed everyone that’s a senior on our roster.

Does anyone know who has eligibility remaining due to COVID year or other reasons?

John Campbell
Javontaz Spraggins
Jeremiah Crawford
Cooper Mays
Parker Ball
Dayne Davis
Jackson Lampley
Ollie Lane

Gerald Mincey
Andre Karic

Shad Umarov 6’7 320
Larry Johnson 6’7 348
Brian Grant 6’7 329
Addison Nichols 6’5 327
Masai Reddick 6’5 340
Ayden Bussell 6’5 295
Mo Clipper 6’5 308
Vysen Lang 6’4 337

But we carried 18 OL this year. So we can almost certainly expect a couple of transfers in with 10 of note returning. We have 4 committed. We could see 2-4 transfers at this position alone.
Nuts that we have all these goliaths that can’t make the field. They must be weak or statues.

I expect we will hit the transfer portal hard. That’s how we got Campbell, Karic and Mincey, and maybe others I’m not thinking of.

Nuts that we have all these goliaths that can’t make the field. They must be weak or statues.
I believe guys like Lang, Umarov, Larry Johnson, Nichols and Brian Grant will be in contention for some rotation role next year. Our Oline is solid this year at Tackles, RG and Center so these guys have not gotten much chance.

I would expect 2-3 current starters to come back (Mincey, Karic and may be Dayne or Crawford) .. then we can plug in Vysen Lang at Center and perhaps Addison Nichols at one guard position. Rest of the guys from list can fight it out for back up and rotation. Expect atleast 2-3 OL guys from portal to fill the holes once they know who all is coming back and who is leaving. Honestly, in last 3 years Elarbee has done solid work with Oline.

John Campbell
Javontaz Spraggins
Jeremiah Crawford
Cooper Mays
Parker Ball
Dayne Davis
Jackson Lampley
Ollie Lane

Gerald Mincey
Andre Karic

Shad Umarov 6’7 320
Larry Johnson 6’7 348
Brian Grant 6’7 329
Addison Nichols 6’5 327
Masai Reddick 6’5 340
Ayden Bussell 6’5 295
Mo Clipper 6’5 308
Vysen Lang 6’4 337

It could take an NIL deal tor Mays to return in 2024.

Reactions: DuckinVol and Remy
These younger guys are the Heupel and Glen Elerbee recruits so they are expected to step up and fit the offensive scheme. Transfers are welcome to create healthy competition.

John Campbell
Javontaz Spraggins
Jeremiah Crawford
Cooper Mays
Parker Ball
Dayne Davis
Jackson Lampley
Ollie Lane

Gerald Mincey
Andre Karic

Shad Umarov 6’7 320
Larry Johnson 6’7 348
Brian Grant 6’7 329
Addison Nichols 6’5 327
Masai Reddick 6’5 340
Ayden Bussell 6’5 295
Mo Clipper 6’5 308
Vysen Lang 6’4 337

@LWSVOL
Thanks

Same issue with the DL.

That's why they need to have a really solid season this year because next year I expect a struggle and fans will grumble if 2 years in a row of 7-5/8-4.
I disagree with this take. We are absolutely loaded at defensive end so you just have to worry about interior and I think we’ve got a few bodies there. We may take one transfer.

He would be the one I’d least expect to stay. Seems he’s as solid a Center prospect as there is.
Looking at draft sites, the highest he’s rated at his position is 15th, which would mean an undrafted free agent. I’m sure the injury has something to do with that, but as of now, he’s not very highly ranked.

Looking at draft sites, the highest he’s rated at his position is 15th, which would mean an undrafted free agent. I’m sure the injury has something to do with that, but as of now, he’s not very highly ranked.
There aren’t 14 Centers better than Cooper. No one would love to see him back more than me. But position rankings 6 months before a draft at Center likely are what they are because we aren’t close to the draft.

He may very well come back. Would be enormous.

John Campbell
Javontaz Spraggins
Jeremiah Crawford
Cooper Mays
Parker Ball
Dayne Davis
Jackson Lampley
Ollie Lane

Gerald Mincey
Andre Karic

Shad Umarov 6’7 320
Larry Johnson 6’7 348
Brian Grant 6’7 329
Addison Nichols 6’5 327
Masai Reddick 6’5 340
Ayden Bussell 6’5 295
Mo Clipper 6’5 308
Vysen Lang 6’4 337

Spraggins, Mays, Davis and Lampley can come back next year. Don’t know about Ball.

VN Store

Back