ON3 NIL

VolForLife83

Was looking at our class rankings and decided to see where on3 had everyone in comparison to 24/7. I noticed they had an NIL category next to their rankings. It shows UGA with an avg. Of $141k for NIL, where as UT is only at $84k. Bama, Ohio State, UF are also big spenders.

Is this the amount they have spent on the class or what they are offering per recruit? Sorry if it's been discussed before, I haven't seen it.

2024 Industry Football Team Recruiting Rankings

Was looking at our class rankings and decided to see where on3 had everyone in comparison to 24/7. I noticed they had an NIL category next to their rankings. It shows UGA with an avg. Of $141k for NIL, where as UT is only at $84k. Bama, Ohio State, UF are also big spenders.

Is this the amount they have spent on the class or what they are offering per recruit? Sorry if it's been discussed before, I haven't seen it.

2024 Industry Football Team Recruiting Rankings
I think that’s the average amount that they think each recruit is worth in our class.

Its some sort of valuation, or value assigned to each player and team. Team rankings are based on NIL valuations of each player averaged together. It appears to be flawed, based on results. Take Nico for example.

Rank Player Position Status Followers On3 NIL Valuation

#16 NCAA
49234.jpg
Nico Iamaleava 2023 Warren(Long Beach, CA) QB 99.01 FR 330K $1.2M (down $14.5K)

Where's the other $800K??? (assuming his deal is potentially worth 2 mil per year)

Weird stuff iyam. That's why I ignore it.

Reactions: VolForLife83
DON’T confuse On3 NIL valuation with players projected athletic performance. Social media and marketing play a big role in the ranking. The ranking is very different than say rivals ranking. See below.

For each athlete, the On3 NIL Valuation algorithm takes into account three primary factors: performance, influence and exposure to create their individual Roster Value and Brand Value, which together combine to create the athlete’s On3 NIL Valuation.
  • Performance: Performance is determined by how the athlete performs on the field. Big games against key opponents, becoming nationally ranked and winning national awards will have the most impact on an athlete’s valuation. Participation in college sports is weighted heavier in most cases than those that participate at the high school level.
  • Influence: Influence is determined by the athlete’s own social media authority. Social media followers, reach and engagement are the primary factors that determine influence.
  • Exposure: Exposure is determined by several factors including whether the athlete is in high school or college, which school the athlete attends and their position. Athletes that attend universities with a larger fan base and media attention are likely to see a positive impact on valuation. Athletes who play a position with higher visibility (ie. quarterback vs. center) are likely to see a higher valuation

It’s a valuation based on their ranking and social media following. Pretty worthless

Arch Manning has a NIL that could “possibly” be worth $22M, Nico rumored to be $9M, some high end recruits could possibly be worth $100k, so the average NIL deal is heavily skewed, and with UGA having 3-4 5* it gives appearances that every player gets $140k to commit…

Arch Manning has a NIL that could “possibly” be worth $22M, Nico rumored to be $9M, some high end recruits could possibly be worth $100k, so the average NIL deal is heavily skewed, and with UGA having 3-4 5* it gives appearances that every player gets $140k to commit…
A few different players have said their NILs aren’t near what’s being reported.

I simply don’t believe the astronomical numbers. Think about it. You have a yearly evaluation of 60k. That’s 5k a month spending money. Everything else is taken care of. That’s a lot of money for a 18-22 year old kid that’s probably never had a lot to spend freely. I just don’t think they are handing a kid 150k per month. It sounds ridiculous.

Reactions: Volfan1000
I simply don’t believe the astronomical numbers. Think about it. You have a yearly evaluation of 60k. That’s 5k a month spending money. Everything else is taken care of. That’s a lot of money for a 18-22 year old kid that’s probably never had a lot to spend freely. I just don’t think they are handing a kid 150k per month. It sounds ridiculous.
As a financial planner, I would hope they’re saving the majority of it.

VN Store

Back