Orange helmets

Tennessee fans know more about fashion than we know about football. George Cafego wore orange helmets and General Neyland used them but we have too many fans that are orange phobic. They want some fashionable shade of gray or black instead. At least orange is an official school color.
So, what are you?

I personally like them, but for only one game a year! I didn't like the results of the South Carolina game and I think that put a bad taste in a lot of peoples mouths with the helmet.

Reactions: ScornedPapaVol
Man, how are they ugly? We are the "Big Orange" now. Now, if it was orange helmet, orange jersey and orange pants, I might have to side with you.
I just don’t like them, I think an orange T pops better on a white background, looks better to me

During the Majors years, the Vols wore orange shoes one time against Bama.

Bama whipped the Vols' a**es and the UTAD shipped the lot to a baseball team in Russia.

My suggestion would be to dig a big hole somewhere near Bucksnort and bulldoze those hats into it. Then bury the 'dozer and put GPS jammers on both holes.

They should burn like the keymaster

Attachments

• memes-to-ghostbuster-a-gut-to-x-photos-25.jpg
    memes-to-ghostbuster-a-gut-to-x-photos-25.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 0
IMO, both the black⚫️ and orange🟠 helmets need to lose the stripe. The stripe should only be on the iconic tradional white⚪️ with orange🟠 stripe helmet. The black⚫️ helmet should be a matte black⚫️ helmet with an orange🟠 T outlined in gloss black⚫️. The orange🟠 helmet should be an all orange🟠 chrome helmet including facemask.
I was a fan of Baylor's offense in the early to mid 2010's and watched alot of their games. I really like their uniforms especially their gold chrome helmets and their matte black⚫️ helmets.

Reactions: HalfullVol
Looked good to me...Away games with orange pants and white jersey's 👍. Question is, if we had of taken care of business and not S*^T the bed would opinions change?
Orange helmets would be best with the orange pants and that South Carolina debacle absolutely ruined the chance of us seeing them again.

Last edited:
Reactions: onevol74
IMO, both the black⚫️ and orange🟠 helmets need to lose the stripe. The stripe should only be on the iconic tradional white⚪️ with orange🟠 stripe helmet. The black⚫️ helmet should be a matte black⚫️ helmet with an orange🟠 T outlined in gloss black⚫️. The orange🟠 helmet should be an all orange🟠 chrome helmet including facemask.
I was a fan of Baylor's offense in the early to mid 2010's and watched alot of their games. I really like their uniforms especially their gold chrome helmets and their matte black⚫️ helmets.
Recruits seem to gravitate towards, shall we say "flashy", uni/helmet combos - see recruiting pics for reference.

Traditionalists prefer "the standard", including recruits.

There isn't really a wrong answer but personal preference.

Carry on

Those things are beautiful.

I hope they make a comeback in an out of conference game.

JMO...but within a week of the game we should have held a raffle for kids under 13. Let them register online and all shipping and handling paid for by UT for all the winners.

VN Store

Back