Orange Out Saturday Night!!!!!!

To me a "white out" or "black out" or "orange out" isn't about what the players wear, it's about the fans in the stands. UT fans wearing black makes absolutely no sense especially when playing a team whose primary colors include black.
Nobody (outside of a moron) watching at home will think that 90% of the fans in Neyland are cheering for the other team who has black as one of their colors. Doubt the SCar players will think they have 90% of the fans cheering for them when they look up and see black. What the fans wear is as irrelevant to the play on the field as what the players wear.

Nobody (outside of a moron) watching at home will think that 90% of the fans in Neyland are cheering for the other team who has black as one of their colors. Doubt the SCar players will think they have 90% of the fans cheering for them when they look up and see black. What the fans wear is as irrelevant to the play on the field as what the players wear.
I don't know about everybody but I can tell you that a few years ago I was at home watching a UT-Vandy game with 4 friends.....one from Wisconsin, one from Colorado, one from Nebraska and one from California. It was soon after we started wearing the alternate uniforms and many fans apparently had black UT gear. After the camera panned the stands the person from Wisconsin (a college graduate and definitely not moron) commented about the large number of Vandy fans present. He said that because there was as much black as orange in the stands.
That may not seem like anything to get excited about but it told me the perception of some people around the country was influenced by the color in the stands. Whether any prospective recruit would think that I don't know but perception can be a huge factor in everything.

We have a unique color and brand. I implore upon the fans to keep it going rather than try to be like every other team that does the blackout thing...and there are many that do.

I don't know about everybody but I can tell you that a few years ago I was at home watching a UT-Vandy game with 4 friends.....one from Wisconsin, one from Colorado, one from Nebraska and one from California. It was soon after we started wearing the alternate uniforms and many fans apparently had black UT gear. After the camera panned the stands the person from Wisconsin (a college graduate and definitely not moron) commented about the large number of Vandy fans present. He said that because there was as much black as orange in the stands.
That may not seem like anything to get excited about but it told me the perception of some people around the country was influenced by the color in the stands. Whether any prospective recruit would think that I don't know but perception can be a huge factor in everything.

We have a unique color and brand. I implore upon the fans to keep it going rather than try to be like every other team that does the blackout thing...and there are many that do.
If we were playing Vandy then it means it was cold and everyone was likely in a jacket; of which many own in black/gray/brown. I’m a UT grad myself and have no orange jackets/pullovers and would definitely be in a brown or black jacket at a cold weather game because it’s all I own.

If we were playing Vandy then it means it was cold and everyone was likely in a jacket; of which many own in black/gray/brown. I’m a UT grad myself and have no orange jackets/pullovers and would definitely be in a brown or black jacket at a cold weather game because it’s all I own.
Understand.
I was just pointing out the perception of TV viewers across the country when we play opponents with black as one of their primary colors and a large percentage of our fans are wearing black/dark garments. It looks like there are more fans of the opponent than of the Vols.
The Nebraska guy said it doesn't happen in Lincoln.

Understand.
I was just pointing out the perception of TV viewers across the country when we play opponents with black as one of their primary colors and a large percentage of our fans are wearing black/dark garments. It looks like there are more fans of the opponent than of the Vols.
The Nebraska guy said it doesn't happen in Lincoln.
not a lot is happening in Lincoln these days.

staying traditional doesn't provide any benefit on its own. just like going with alternate schemes don't provide any benefits on their own.

To me a "white out" or "black out" or "orange out" isn't about what the players wear, it's about the fans in the stands. UT fans wearing black makes absolutely no sense especially when playing a team whose primary colors include black.
I kind of doubt when USClite hears 100k people cheering against them, they'll think those in black are on their side.

Clemson has executed pretty well with orange helmets over the years. They do not have ridiculous excuses.
Brother I was joking… I think it’s silly too tho, just like the black unis don’t mean an automatic win this weekend

Likely, much more in black, but anything can happen

Reactions: onevol74

VN Store

Back