Oregon St RB Damien Martinez

How do we know that’s a good room outside of Sampson?

I’m not saying it isn’t at all. Just curious.
I mean I guess you don’t “know” until those guys get snaps vs SEC competition. If you bring in other RBs possibly you lose a few guys and you still don’t know what you’ve got for the most part.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
I have always had a soft spot for Oregon St (mainly so they can stick it to big brother Oregon), so I am aware of this guy and it would be a massive get in the unit that is the one glaring weakness right now.

2024 could really be a special season for the Vols.
So…you like Beavers.

IMG_1144.gif

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
Since Sampson can't block, and Seldon is just average back at this point; I could care less if it ruffles some feathers.
Seldon is unproven but what makes him an average back? He has received 25 carries so far into his young career with an avg of 4.2 yards. He has a good combination of power, speed, and should have a significant role in Heupel's offense once he heals up.

The staff not beating the portal bush with some sense of urgency is a really strong clue. Peeking for free is what it is.
I understand that any player taken in the portal at this date will have to be a game changer. Our roster is in the best shape it has been in years and this Fall's class is looking very good. Just keep those new commitments coming for the December signing date.

Reactions: GUNTERSVOL
Alton McCaskill from Colorado just entered the portal. Began his career at Houston in 2021 where he was the AAC ROY after rushing for 961 yds (5.1 ypc) and 16 TDs, and catching 21 balls for 113 yds and 2 TDs. He tore his ACL during spring practice in April 2022 and missed the '22 season while redshirting.

He then transferred to Colorado and didn't get much of a shot last season (14 carries, 59 yds and 2 catches, 19 yds) and only played in four games.

At 6-1, 200 lbs, and someone who wouldn't command a large financial commitment, he's someone I wouldn't mind seeing us take a swing at if we intend to take another RB in the portal. Low risk/high reward kinda guy.

Martinez walked away from $400K at OregonSt. Im not sure Tennessee is interested in bringing in a big money player ($500K+) unless he's the absolute right fit

Alton McCaskill from Colorado just entered the portal. Began his career at Houston in 2021 where he was the AAC ROY after rushing for 961 yds (5.1 ypc) and 16 TDs, and catching 21 balls for 113 yds and 2 TDs. He tore his ACL during spring practice in April 2022 and missed the '22 season while redshirting.

He then transferred to Colorado and didn't get much of a shot last season (14 carries, 59 yds and 2 catches, 19 yds) and only played in four games.

At 6-1, 200 lbs, and someone who wouldn't command a large financial commitment, he's someone I wouldn't mind seeing us take a swing at if we intend to take another RB in the portal. Low risk/high reward kinda guy.
He’s a very good back and Deion was a damn fool for not playing him more.

He chose his 165 lbs running back he coached in little league over McKaskill. Edward’s is a good back but it should have been 50/50 not whatever the heck it was

Reactions: cncchris33

VN Store

Back