Pac12 job, eh?? One of those comfort jobs! Fit right in!

He'll beat Herm, tho
It's a pretty even series, so I'm sure Butch can pull out a W over Herm on occasion, but Butch doesn't scare me like Sumlin would. Sumlin could change the landscape in the state...Butch will have RichRod-like success down there. Not bad, but not world beaters by any means.

15-Office-Space-quotes.gif

That is hilarious!

Watch Butch get the job and agree to some minimum contract for the first 3 years so Tennessee still has to pay him. Something very common in Baseball and Football.

I think that Butch's agreement had some language in it that prevents him from taking a low ball salary in order to stick it to UT.

The only good thing about this job is their is tons of Hotties their and ASU to look at around on Campus... Jones will need to grow his hair out to the traditional butt cut

Unfamiliar with that style. I might ask for one next time I visit SuperCuts.

Attachments

• 19224755_320522698401819_4389036883819329256_n.jpg
    19224755_320522698401819_4389036883819329256_n.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 2
I would love it if he goes there and does well out of the harsh glare of the SEC lights. First, every dollar he gets from them is one less we have to pay. Second, as many have said, a 7-9 win seasons every year would keep them very happy. He focuses on academics and would help build a solid program. I dont think Jones is a bad guy, I just think he was out of his class in the SEC grinder and couldn't step up to the pressure here.

Pruitt on the other hand has absolutely NO misunderstanding of the pressure to win that goes with being here.

Reactions: 1 person
So Arizona is gonna fire Rich Rod, and replace him with Botch, who is basically a poor man's version of Rich Rod. Makes sense.

From reading their boards, it appears Arizona fans are about as excited about Butch Jones as you would expect.

The most positive response I saw was "meh".

Honestly I'd hire Art Briles before I hired Butch Jones. At least with Briles you know you're getting a good coach.

Butch better have a damn good dermatologist if he goes to Arizona. He perpetually looks like a tomato in the spring/summer/early fall. It's like he wants skin cancer.

I can say with confidence I could shut down CBJ’s offense and score at will on Shoop’s defense.

Checkers vs Chess. Chess wins every time.

Sounds like we are going to a Pro style offense and a 3-4 defense.

No matter what a baller of a QB is needed.

Most great defenses have a baller for middle linebacker as well.

CJP should cancel free time for the players. I like to think he has been planning his 1st HC gig for a while now and he is on schedule.

When and where is the NSD breakfast in Memphis?

Have they picked a date for the O&W game?

I need to put in some PTO for both.

Reactions: 2 people
Frankly, I hope he gets the job and does well. Lesser expectations and pressure may make him a happier person and a better coach.

Watch Butch get the job and agree to some minimum contract for the first 3 years so Tennessee still has to pay him. Something very common in Baseball and Football.

Know what? I hope he does exactly that. Why? Because the venom spewers on VN don't have the decency wish him well and let it go at that. Maybe he should stick a hunting knife up UT's azz and twist it about 30 times to promote profuse bleeding. Venomizers can't appreciate the 3 straight bowl years we got out of him. While his last year was detestable, the vipers among simply don't even know how to: "Let it go, let it go. Turn away and slam the door."

I hope he gets a decent job and experience success there. We turned down some higher quality coaches (or so it's said) to hire him. So if the SEC was too big a stage for him, it's UT's fault for giving him the money.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back